Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2019, 05:37 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Exclamation Just starting out - I have a few questions

Hey guys. I haven't played EverQuest since I was a teenager and i'm looking forward to giving this a shot.

I want to actually be efficient with my class selection so I thought I'd get on here and see if some active players could give some suggestions on what classes might be more in demand. I'm thinking SK, Monk, maybe Ranger but if there are classes that are highly needed I'm all for playing something that would be more in demand.

Also, any suggestions as far as leveling paths or finding groups to grind with?

Any info would be greatly appreciated. See you out there.
Old 02-10-2019, 05:44 PM
Aviak

Hmm,

I mean you should really just play whatever you want. There are a ton of every class. The least played classes are probably Magician, Paladin, SK, Wizzy?

But seriously, play it how you want to play it, welcome to a great server!
Old 02-10-2019, 05:49 PM
Orc

Make an iksar!

Kidding, play what ya want

My steam cuz why not?
Old 02-10-2019, 05:50 PM
Aviak

This game requires a ton of time to reach max level and is quite a long ride. I would agree that playing something you enjoy would be best as I havn't honestly seen too many occasions where people flat out refuse to group with you. I mean....look at me I play a gnome tank and have loved every minute of it.
Old 02-10-2019, 07:22 PM
Sarnak

The server population is very high at the moment. You won't have any trouble finding groups in many areas. As of today, we can /who all LFG so it should be easier than ever for people to find you if your LFG tag is up. Sometimes you will have to put effort in to finding a group. The less mainstream zones can be some of the most fun to solo or group in. The insanely populated exp zones can be less rewarding as the camps are smaller, due to competition, and there is more competition to get in to that group you're eyeballing. The guides wiki has some useful info on this and much more!

https://wiki.project1999.com/Players:Adventure
Old 02-10-2019, 09:38 PM
Large Bat

Play what you want ultimately...

However, you may want to think about what classes are more gear dependent early on like Tanks (War/Pal/SK) and some melee (Rng,Monk). Great first characters on a server are Druids (make money with ports) or any caster. Hope this helps.
Old 02-11-2019, 05:04 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I would suggest making an enchanter or cleric . Enchanter would be easier to solo when you cant find a group .

Monk is not a good class because Im assuming you don't have fungi tunic which is required on this server .
Old 02-11-2019, 06:54 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goreface [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey guys. I haven't played EverQuest since I was a teenager and i'm looking forward to giving this a shot.

I want to actually be efficient with my class selection so I thought I'd get on here and see if some active players could give some suggestions on what classes might be more in demand. I'm thinking SK, Monk, maybe Ranger but if there are classes that are highly needed I'm all for playing something that would be more in demand.

Also, any suggestions as far as leveling paths or finding groups to grind with?

Any info would be greatly appreciated. See you out there.
Ultimately play what you find most enjoyable / what nostalgia beckons you to do. In terms of being "effecient" it depends on what your goals are.

Do you want to be wanted for groups from 1-60? Do you want to be wanted on raids once you've hit 60? Do you want a character that can solo all the way to 60 and profitable content once at 60?
Old 02-11-2019, 08:50 AM
Planar Protector

Sounds like you really want to roll a melee character. Best luck is probably going monk and save a bunch of sellable stuff like bonechips/spiderwebs from your early levels to sell in EC and then get yourself a quivering staff for cheap.

As far as in demand, would probably be best to look towards cleric/enchanter/bard. Bard/enchanter solo much better than the cleric, though end game they aren't as high in demand as the cleric. Cleric can actually solo halfass nuking undead but you may have difficulty finding spots.
Old 02-11-2019, 09:41 AM
Aviak

If you're into raiding, go with a class that can DPS, melee is a good bet, rogue or monk always popular choices (as you'll see in-game, LOTS of both).

The hybrid tanks, for some reason, aren't played as much. In raids, people want that defensive up.

For caster types, clerics are ALWAYS in high demand, mages mostly for Coth services (as they often don't land many spells on high-end mobs), other than that, it's really up to you.

For soloing, I'd pick necro, enchanter or mage as super-powerful solo classes, the meleeers tend to depend on groups from their mid-30's depending on gear if they want to solo.
Closed Thread