Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2019, 08:02 PM
Planar Protector

Smile your hopes for red99 2.0

Green is out, which means it's time to get hyped for Rogean's true passion project: EQ pvp <333

It's time to roll all our red characters into blue and start the green experience with PVP ENABLED imo! Blue servers get old and bad after x many years, but this problem is so much worse on a pvp server. Server MUST reset every ~3ish years.

And I still say the absolute best thing for Project99 on the whole would be to merge blue into red and simply turn green pvp, but it doesn't seem like they're gonna go for this. Next best thing? Teams server. Bluebies love the teams idea; just ask them! And we really need lots of bluebies to sustain a healthy server population.

So what are your hopes for red 2.0??
Old 10-27-2019, 08:04 PM
Fire Giant

> So what are your hopes for red 2.0??

That more than 19 people play it?
Old 10-27-2019, 08:06 PM
Sarnak

Red's community was, without a shred of a doubt, THE most toxic group of people I have ever witnessed in a game.

P99's PVP scene does not seem worth many resources.
Old 10-27-2019, 08:07 PM
Kobold

Actual game design supporting pvp in a game that wasn't designed with pvp in mind and the permanent ban of all current and former red players from the server.

Also teams. You got me on that one. I do like the idea.
Old 10-27-2019, 08:15 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink grapefruit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Green is out, which means it's time to get hyped for Rogean's true passion project: EQ pvp <333

It's time to roll all our red characters into blue and start the green experience with PVP ENABLED imo! Blue servers get old and bad after x many years, but this problem is so much worse on a pvp server. Server MUST reset every ~3ish years.

And I still say the absolute best thing for Project99 on the whole would be to merge blue into red and simply turn green pvp, but it doesn't seem like they're gonna go for this. Next best thing? Teams server. Bluebies love the teams idea; just ask them! And we really need lots of bluebies to sustain a healthy server population.

So what are your hopes for red 2.0??
What a great and constructive thread, ignore these toxic blue cyberbully players who generate more work for the CSR team than the 17 saints of red (peace be upon them)

Cant wait for red 2.0. Teams, FFA, item loot or not I'm down.
Old 10-27-2019, 08:34 PM
Skeleton

I think PvP is a nice way to deal with players sitting on camps all day but the game doesn't seem balanced for it.
Old 10-27-2019, 08:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ignore these toxic blue cyberbully players
no. their concerns are valid.

when red99 1.0 started in november 2011 it had several different types of players. a few years later it died, largely due to player toxicity chasing off anyone who could not survive in a toxic environment. red 2.0 may very well be the last chance for classic eq pvp, and if we want it to thrive as more than a meme we need to learn from our past mistakes.

pvp servers used to be where all the roleplayers hung out, and had a great many casual or niche guilds. eq pvp is great not for a FPS-style mmo with elves, but because it added another dimenstion to the game... one of social depth, that is simply lacking on blue and green servers.

so imo. we need to do something to limit toxic behavior, and encourage positive interactions amongst the players. i honestly think we need to make red 2.0 bluer than any eq emu pvp has ever beeen.
Old 10-27-2019, 08:55 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
who generate more work for the CSR team than the 17 saints of red (peace be upon them)
Because you run every GM off of that toxic wasteland too.
Celent - 60 Sorcerer!
Stratah - 58 Troubadour!
Joan - 58 Knight!
Colin - 52 Rake!

Guild Leader of <Eclipse>
Old 10-27-2019, 09:00 PM
Kobold

My main hope is that it never happens.
@EndorraFeyborne Discord
Old 10-27-2019, 09:30 PM
Kobold

a new red server wont be popular