Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2020, 09:34 AM
Orc

Tulgin, While I agree with most of your thoughts... I have 1 level 50 and 2 level 49s. So the alt path has been taken. I have over 30k in the bank because I do understand the fortune of the fine steel. I make about 2k a day without thinking.

What I’m trying to say is that I want to play. I’m not a fan of sitting EC waiting for someone to have the piece I want or getting in 75+ person guild raid where my only relevance is to roll a high number or bid DKP more than someone else.

So yes I agree with your kedge sample, but when I have everything I want from there (which now I do)....

Again, I get the wait. I get the camped camps. I get that this will always be. It just seems in the last month that once every blue moon open camps have turned into perma-camps.

I still think that opening a new server would help with this over abundance of people playing for the interim. just for the interim.

And someone else said it... when Kunark comes out.... sure. So merge back the servers when that happens. Or when this virus BS is over.
Old 05-13-2020, 09:47 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliedoogan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
. What I’m trying to say is that I want to play. I’m not a fan of sitting EC waiting for someone to have the piece I want or getting in 75+ person guild raid where my only relevance is to roll a high number or bid DKP more than someone else.
Well my dude you hit the nail on the head and it's a much bigger problem than simply opening another server - the culture of P99 has shifted so much since launch that nobody wants to "just play."

People came from WoW to this game now years ago and their only understanding of Everquest is what you have very accurately and succinctly pointed out as ~~~~~rAiDiNg~~~~~. They just get in line and bid DKP with no second thought. That is "playing" to them.

To a lot of old school EQ players who are excellent players and have encyclopedic knowledge yet don't have the same time they used to and/or don't give a shit about poopsocking dragons for DKP this is -not- their idea of "playing."

So idk, it's a tough situation really. Splitting and merging again won't happen and it would create a ton more toons for the ~~~~~rAiDeRs~~~~~ to have for their ~~~~~~~cOmPeTiTiOn~~~~~~~

I want to "just play" too and I do my best to do so. Which is why I have a pulse on how broke the "hoi polloi" is as well as the painfully evident shift in server culture. It's a tough spot man, the problem won't be "solved" because the average player on this server is fundamentally different not only than in 1999 but also in 2009.

<The A-Team>
Old 05-13-2020, 10:17 AM
Planar Protector

There's a thread where you can vote to reopean Teal. Currently 470 YES votes.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=353144
Old 05-13-2020, 10:58 AM
Planar Protector

As Tuljin said on page 5, relaunching Teal will just be the same shit on a different server. If you’re trying to farm, those things will be perma camped on both servers. That issue is not going to go away. The people will multiple high level characters will simply transfer one of their characters to Teal and leave another high level on Green and farm both camps simultaneously on two computers. This is a bit of a unique issue in modern day since back in 1999 people didn’t commonly have multiple computers with VPNs and multiple paid accounts; so it wasn’t an issue you had to worry about when splitting servers. Today, a server split won’t solve the valuable camps being perma-camped.

If it’s XP you’re looking for, there are plenty of XP spots. I haven’t had an issue XPing on Green since COVID. But if you’re trying to level in popular dungeons because you want a ZEM etc. then yes it’s going to be crowded and you might have to wait to get a spot in a group; that’s just a fact of life (if you’re a caster, bind there and then go solo some random stuff somewhere else and Gate back when your spot opens up).

What people really should be asking for instead of another server is for Kunark launch to be moved up to sometime in the summer instead of the fall.
Old 05-13-2020, 11:44 AM
Sarnak

I understand why poeple would want a new server. I dont understand why people would not want them to have a new server. Cd288 you and people like you are ill. Why are you so bent on pixel blocking others? A new server would mean a lot to some people. I dont see how it matters to someone who does not care for one. It maybe Narcissism. Do you feel threatened by others pixels?
Old 05-13-2020, 11:54 AM
Server GM

One of the reasons the server was merged was due to the amount of petitions and lack of CSR support to handle the workload. The number of petitions was reduced when the merge was done, but it has doubled over the last two months with this situation.

I understand some of you guys want a less populated temporary server, but I don't see it happening because I doubt we will be in lockdown for another couple months.
Old 05-13-2020, 12:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampolo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I understand why poeple would want a new server. I dont understand why people would not want them to have a new server. Cd288 you and people like you are ill. Why are you so bent on pixel blocking others? A new server would mean a lot to some people. I dont see how it matters to someone who does not care for one. It maybe Narcissism. Do you feel threatened by others pixels?
Has nothing to do with this term pixel blocking. If I was someone who liked to monopolize valuable camps, I would be all for the server split because then I could farm those camps on two servers at once (similar to OP’s reasons for wanting a second server). So your argument/implications simply don’t make sense.

We come to P99 because it’s classic with no instances or pick zones or any of that nonsense. We start creating more servers (with a population below what classic servers usually had I might add) because people don’t like having to wait in line and just want to do whatever they want the second they log in, then we are creating what is in essence a pick zone or an instance. I don’t think that is a path we should start down and creates a bad precedent. There are plenty of times where I haven’t been able to do things in game or have to wait in a line...would it be nice to be able to do whatever I want whenever I want? On its face, sure...but then this wouldn’t be classic EQ and we’d be going down a path of being more like the TLPs for which the negatives outweigh the benefits. It also annoys me that people come here and demand the server cater to them by creating a new server when there are available options, such as the TLPs, for them to achieve what they want. Why don’t you just go play the TLPs if P99 is too crowded and you essentially want pick zone or instances so you can do whatever you want? They are there, they exist. Why come to P99 and demand it change for you when you have an available alternative? It's like if I ran a pizza shop and you wanted a cheeseburger, would you come into my pizza shop and demand I make you a cheeseburger? No, you'd go to the burger joint down the street. Go play the TLPs if pickzones and instances are what you need to enjoy the game.
Last edited by cd288; 05-13-2020 at 12:49 PM..
Old 05-13-2020, 12:31 PM
Planar Protector

Sorry you aren’t getting scrawny gnolls
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 05-13-2020, 01:08 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by galach [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One of the reasons the server was merged was due to the amount of petitions and lack of CSR support to handle the workload. The number of petitions was reduced when the merge was done, but it has doubled over the last two months with this situation.

I understand some of you guys want a less populated temporary server, but I don't see it happening because I doubt we will be in lockdown for another couple months.
Not less populated. More of a classic experience. The classic experience was good post merge and pre-COVID19.

I laud your optimism but a heightened number of people are going to be working from home well beyond 2 months. One of my friends company sent out policy that the majority of the workforce isn't allowedback to work and is teleworking until Dec 31.
Old 05-13-2020, 01:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliedoogan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tulgin, While I agree with most of your thoughts... I have 1 level 50 and 2 level 49s. So the alt path has been taken. I have over 30k in the bank because I do understand the fortune of the fine steel. I make about 2k a day without thinking.

What I’m trying to say is that I want to play. I’m not a fan of sitting EC waiting for someone to have the piece I want or getting in 75+ person guild raid where my only relevance is to roll a high number or bid DKP more than someone else.

So yes I agree with your kedge sample, but when I have everything I want from there (which now I do)....

Again, I get the wait. I get the camped camps. I get that this will always be. It just seems in the last month that once every blue moon open camps have turned into perma-camps.

I still think that opening a new server would help with this over abundance of people playing for the interim. just for the interim.

And someone else said it... when Kunark comes out.... sure. So merge back the servers when that happens. Or when this virus BS is over.
I bet this kid has NOTHING in the bank LOL
Closed Thread