Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2013, 12:53 PM
Fire Giant

Default Perhaps EQNext is going in the right direction..

https://www.everquestnext.com/round-...tested-content
Old 09-05-2013, 01:05 PM
Sarnak

https://www.everquestnext.com/round-...uns-and-ninjas
Old 09-05-2013, 01:07 PM
Planar Protector

I like that they're asking the fans.

However "the fans" for EQ1 were responsible for voting for a new blue server (end of 2009?), which then got shut down 3 months later in favor of the 1st progression server, pissed off hundreds of people who put weeks/months into their new characters only to have it merge with Tunare...where everyone had about 2500 AAs etc etc [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The worst part was there was a really great community. I didn't want to play as Swishxxxxxx and quit Live on the spot... oh, and found P99 a few months later [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Hopefully they'll take the fans input as a marker but not rely on it completely. Personally I think having a SOE account should be required to vote on that poll, else people will troll it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Swish; 09-05-2013 at 01:09 PM..
Old 09-05-2013, 01:10 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohedron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
touche
Old 09-05-2013, 01:10 PM
Fire Giant

Very little everquest in everquest next
Old 09-05-2013, 01:12 PM
Planar Protector

Fans are idiots when it comes to game design.
Old 09-05-2013, 01:14 PM
Planar Protector

I never liked contested content in EQ. Hopefully they can get it right in EQNext. Remove static spawn points, static spawn times, and static zones. I've read some stuff on EQNext that leads me to believe they are doing exactly that. Dungeons will appear randomly in random spots, close up after so much time, maybe open back up somewhere else later and be a different layout. Here's to hoping for random everything. Give me a sense of adventure and mystery to the world, never knowing what is around the next corner.
Old 09-05-2013, 01:17 PM
Planar Protector

Kerran evolution...

EQ1:- [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

EQ2:- [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

EQ Next:- [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

More up to date, but a big departure from original kerrans. I like kerrans, but kerrans are kerrans, not lions by another name [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadetree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fans are idiots when it comes to game design.
Also, this ^^
Old 09-05-2013, 01:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqravenprince [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I never liked contested content in EQ. Hopefully they can get it right in EQNext. Remove static spawn points, static spawn times, and static zones. I've read some stuff on EQNext that leads me to believe they are doing exactly that. Dungeons will appear randomly in random spots, close up after so much time, maybe open back up somewhere else later and be a different layout. Here's to hoping for random everything. Give me a sense of adventure and mystery to the world, never knowing what is around the next corner.
Uh this is basically the exact opposite of what most of p99 wants... that's why we're playing classic eq.
Old 09-05-2013, 01:26 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqravenprince [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah dungeons can appear on the spot, but have you SEEN the combat system? I don't even want to accidentally discover a dungeon, because super-leaps and spinning-whirlwind-of-death WoW moves make me want to puke.

I wish more MMOs wouldn't miss the mark on this...I don't mind my guy having fewer abilities and pretty much fighting like a normal combatant. I can't leap 30 feet and smash in a 5 foot crater with a hammer bigger than I am, so I'm fine with my avatar not being able to do it either. But. it's my son's generation that is going to make EQNext work or not, and unfortunately he thinks it looks like the second coming of christ...
Closed Thread