Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2020, 06:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yesterday a gentlegnome gave me a dagger of dropping, he refused payment for it, yet I really wanted to pay him, I accidentally sold it to a merchant and the merchant wanted my entire life savings for it back [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I decided against using this merchant ever again. Merchents are greedy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

*pat pat*

good post
Old 04-12-2020, 09:07 PM
Banned

feels great not reading forum tranny stories !
Old 04-12-2020, 10:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsham [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
feels great not reading forum tranny stories !
breh u are so thirsty lmao[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-14-2020, 09:22 AM
Banned

I put *Safe Fall* into use today. I swear the road to high pass is deliberately treacherous, almost like the devs were playing a game of 'how can we get people to run off the edge of a cliff'. I am glad I know to look before I leap )

This run actually killed my wizard a few weeks ago because she didnt: Buy levitate, Didn't cast levitate, autoran AFK LOL [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-14-2020, 09:37 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I put *Safe Fall* into use today. I swear the road to high pass is deliberately treacherous
EQ3 will have invisible walls so the controller folks can't hurt themselves, don't worry.
Last edited by Mblake81; 04-14-2020 at 09:47 AM..
Old 04-14-2020, 09:44 AM
Planar Protector

Don’t forget the micro transaction fastpass to teleport to the end of the valley and skip the ascent.
Old 04-14-2020, 09:45 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don’t forget the micro transaction fastpass to teleport to the end of the valley and skip the ascent.
in 4k 60fps
Old 04-14-2020, 10:30 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake81 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
in 4k 60fps
heheheehehe
Old 04-14-2020, 02:21 PM
Banned

EQ was inspired by Dungeons and Dragons. All the subsequent MMOs were inspired by other MMOs and computer games. This is part of the reason EQ feels like a real fantasy world; compared to WoW, which is more like playing in a giant comic book.*

I think that a game that wanted to make really beautiful high fantasy/anime blend of a world could be very successful. Games look so....modern these days. Taste is a completely overlooked component of "quality." High quality seems to equal high graphical demand as far as game producers are concerned.

Create a compelling world first. Then let the rest develop from there. Just like that tedious writer Tolkien. Or Rowling, or Lewis, or Martin**. Or any other writer that created a compelling fantasy world that carried their rather sub-par writing ability into international fame.

* WoW was based partially on Warcraft 3, which was based in part on a unreleased game that was like a comic book style "Quest" game.

** All these guys were such bad writers they did that annoying "JR JK JLOL" crap before their last name.
Last edited by JurisDictum; 04-14-2020 at 02:27 PM..
Old 04-15-2020, 07:51 AM
Banned

Meridian 59 - High fantasy world, first 3D mmorpg
Ultima Online -the fully online multiplayer version of Ultima mmorpg
Everquest - MUDS & D&D mmorpg
DAoC - King Arthur realms pvp type mmo with less focus on environment.
Shadowbane - Fully pvp, guild vs. guild mmo with less focus on environment.
Starwars Galaxies - star wars franchise theme skill based mmorpg.
Dungeons and Dragons online - forgettable D&D mmo. Little to any RP in my experience there.
WoW - Themepark video game with a focus on quality of life and hiring celebrities to do PC game commercials.

*The first three in the list have the themes I like and that sense of wonder the early game engines can provide, the monsters and the environments.
The same thing holds true for me with the first two Thief 1 & 2. I am not taken by modern game engines with their shiny plastic and clutter for the sake of ultra realism.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Daggerfall unity with D.R.E.A.M mod
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^ Its good they stayed true to the original art style but I don't like the plastic digital look of the character in that photo.
Last edited by Mblake81; 04-15-2020 at 08:20 AM..
Closed Thread