Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2016, 03:58 PM
Kobold

Question How to use the Alliance spell and/or illusion to avoid KoS

Any general tips on this? What zones am I able to avoid KoS as an enchanter by casting a werewolf or Boon of the Garou illusion (does it matter which of the two)? Seems like I hear this works in places like Velketor's Labyrinth or even Siren's Grotto.

How about the Alliance spell, do I cast it on myself or the KoS mob?

Any advice appreciated!
Old 02-12-2016, 04:41 PM
Orc

Cast Alliance spells on NPC types to up your faction. Meaning cast it on one guard in a city to have it affect all guards until you zone.

The other illusions that aren't player races I cant really help. Try them out from a distance first is my only advise.

Some of this will depend on your race and religion as well.
Last edited by Luminious; 02-12-2016 at 04:43 PM.. Reason: added info
Old 02-12-2016, 04:42 PM
Planar Protector

Not sure about Werewolf/Boon, but Alliance/Benevolence works by raising your faction by 100/200 points.

So some zones where enemies con Threateningly (like Siren's Grotto) you can cast Benevolence on one of those enemies to raise your faction into Dubious level and all enemies on the same faction in the zone will also be dubious - no need to cast it on every mob.

For Siren's Grotto just be sure you didn't cast it on one of the animals that are always indifferent. Also, if you kill a mob or two or accidentally get faction hit in Siren's Grotto then Benevolence won't be enough to get you to Dubious and you can't raise that faction ever again.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 02-12-2016, 10:55 PM
Sarnak

Werewolf + collaboration will make you non kos in velks. However you cannot have killed velk himself. I was agnostic but not sure if you need to be. You can murdalize the zone, just not the big man with the funny hat.
Old 02-14-2016, 07:02 PM
Planar Protector

There are three things that determine faction

Race
Religion
Things you do

So when you use an alliance spell that will temporarily increase the faction of everything in the zone that has the same faction as the npc you cast it on. this effect remains until you zone or log out. This is under the "things you do" category along with faction hits from killing and quests.

Religion you cant do anything about other than your initial creation.

and then some NPCs like certain races more than others. In velketor's lab they happen to like werewolves a little bit more than anything else.

As a chanter the werewolf form takes you from Scowls to threateningly and the faction spell collaboration is enough to take you the rest of the way. but just barely. one faction hit will ruin it forever.

Bards have a little more leeway because they can turn into a were wolf with a lute and thier faction song has a much higher impact than the enchanter spell. The disadvantage of the bard song is it can only modify one faction at a time.

Example: You use the bard song to become non kos to west freeport guards and then you use it at the warrior guild to do a quest. the steel warrior faction raises with the spell and then the freeport guards go back to kos. The bard has to be carefull with this where a chanter can just increase every faction in the zone if they wanted to.

all three of these things come together to determine the overall faction. This is why an agnostic enchanter may be able to go somewhere a tunare chanter cannot.

If you used something to modify your faction and your faction didnt change, it does not mean it did not work... it just means it didnt give you enough faction points to get out of the tier you are currently in. some tiers, like max kos, dubious, and amiable, are very large tiers that take a lot of faction points to get through.
Last edited by -Catherin-; 02-14-2016 at 07:12 PM..
Old 02-15-2016, 03:04 AM
Kobold

Many factions are not fixable, so results may vary on what and where you already have killed:

Velks lab - WW form + Collaboration (triggered traps will still agro)
Sol A goblins - Alliance (handy when buying Tinker bags for 5039pp)
Brownie settlement in lfay - Earth illusion
The Hole - Elemental illusion + Alliance(Rats, undead and yael still kos?)
Sirens Grotto - Alliance
Oggok - Skeleton Illusion
Thurgadin - Dwarf Illusion raises faction
Wolf Illusion in Firion Vie will make you KOS to some NPCs in the outpost

Often you can bring a mob from threatingly to non kos with alliance/collab, wave that rod at everything and see what happens!

As a agnostic enchanter you can visit all cities with the right illusion except for Cabilis that I know of, Cabilis SK guards will still kos you in iksar illusion.

In reply to -Catherin- note " The bard has to be carefull with this where a chanter can just increase every faction in the zone if they wanted to."

I find this not to be correct always, the one example I can think of is the Bulthar in CS vs the sirens on SG faction, I noticed this when charming bulthar to kill sirens that I would go kos to bulthar after clicking alliance on siren.
Last edited by REMEZ; 02-15-2016 at 03:21 AM.. Reason: typo
Old 02-15-2016, 10:13 AM
Kobold

Thanks all for the great info!
Old 02-26-2016, 07:21 PM
Planar Protector

Skeleton illusion will help a lot in Paineel. Con guards and green con npc in newbie yard to make sure before going into the city. Just tell a guard "I need keyz" to get a key for the elevator. Nice to be able to easily bank/sell next to the hole.
Old 02-27-2016, 07:41 PM
Banned

skeleton/wolf illusions will substantially raise faction in many old world cities that it shouldn't (why does becoming a skeleton make the erudite paladin guilds love me?)

thanks sundawg
Closed Thread