Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2018, 08:08 AM
Planar Protector

Raid lead

-Shinko Guild Leader <Safe Space> Green
Old 05-30-2018, 05:21 AM
Fire Giant

Only join a group when nobody is capable of taking hits. War is max fun when you know everyone is dependent on you.
Old 05-30-2018, 08:44 AM
Banned

I've always wanted to make a Warrior but I don't like responsibility.

I play this Elf Sim because I have to deal with responsibility in the real world.

I don't escape responsibility to find more responsibility.

Miss me with that responsible shit.
Old 05-31-2018, 11:24 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonderbeast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I[*]OT Hammer - can save your life with a lucky proc (take off your haste items and click off haste buff when using)
I'm a newb, why wouldn't you want haste if you're trying to proc a self port out? Does it not work that way?
Old 06-01-2018, 01:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycoolrausch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm a newb, why wouldn't you want haste if you're trying to proc a self port out? Does it not work that way?
My good sir. A common misconception. However, procs are based on time and not a raw percentage based on swing, or due to weapon speed, or any of that nonsense. DEX increases proc rate, but that's it.

The base proc rate on weapons is 1 proc per minute (ppm). If the delay of the weapon is such that you swing ten times within a period of one minute, you have 10% chance on proc per swing.

Thus, if you reduce the number of swings you have per minute, the given chance of a proc on any particular swing increases.

So if you swing with that same weapon, but you only swing 5 times, each swing has a 20% proc chance.

Your autoattack is an instant cast attack. The more you stack the odds in your favor, the faster your OT hammers because you will have so few swings per minute, that the percent chance of swinging within the first few rounds of combat can become very high indeed.

The ideal way to proc your OT hammer is to have 255 DEX and the most powerful slow available.

This is also a good way to make a fair chunk of change. Challenge people to hammer duels for 100pp and keep yourself slowed. You'll win most times.
Old 06-01-2018, 01:58 AM
Planar Protector

To add to this, I think you can also proc on riposte, so higher proc% per swing means higher number of procs, hance the slow...

Edit:
Also on live, people used to kill the whole plane of fire abusing this, by having bard pull the whole zone to a slowed warrior, an ae weapon and the riposte disc, leading to all the zone dieing in seconds due to the ae procs
Last edited by elwing; 06-01-2018 at 02:02 AM..
Old 06-01-2018, 04:41 AM
Kobold

You can't proc on a riposte and I think mainhand is closer to 2 ppm with 255 dex

The riposte disc was just to stay alive. Rampage is what killed everything since there was a chance to proc on each mob
Old 06-01-2018, 04:48 AM
Planar Protector

Ho, right, thx, so forget about proc on riposte [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread