Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2018, 04:28 PM
Kobold

Default Pre-nerf CoS vs GGR

So in a random turn of events with incalculable odds, I looted a Goblin Gazhugi Ring (ikr, WUT!?!? Super excited). So my question is, why is pre-nerf CoS so game changing for necros? If its mainly for charming like chanters would a post-nerf CoS and GGR be equally effective?
Old 03-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caiu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Other than that it used to be useful clearing agro from mobs that did not see invis. I believe it no longer has that function however.
You mean the stand + click after FD? Does aggro return when invis fade or when standing up is it treated like casting invis on yourself during a fight?
Old 03-17-2018, 06:12 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caiu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Other than that it used to be useful clearing agro from mobs that did not see invis. I believe it no longer has that function however.
Hmm good to know. Thanks.
Old 03-17-2018, 06:59 PM
Kobold

Its super nice when you are FD'd in a bees nest worth of mobs. let them reset, stand and instant invis before they agro.
Old 03-18-2018, 03:59 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by xaxis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So in a random turn of events with incalculable odds, I looted a Goblin Gazhugi Ring (ikr, WUT!?!? Super excited). So my question is, why is pre-nerf CoS so game changing for necros? If its mainly for charming like chanters would a post-nerf CoS and GGR be equally effective?
In regards to breaking charm then post nerf CoS seems terrible. Instant cast is what it’s all about when charm soloing. You’re going to lose much efficiency breaking charm too early or too late with a 5 sec cast time.
Last edited by commongood; 03-18-2018 at 04:02 AM..
Old 03-18-2018, 09:36 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by commongood [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In regards to breaking charm then post nerf CoS seems terrible. Instant cast is what it’s all about when charm soloing. You’re going to lose much efficiency breaking charm too early or too late with a 5 sec cast time.
Yeah, thats what I figured. I probably wouldn't even try it but thought that is where the GGR would come in.
Old 03-18-2018, 09:58 AM
Planar Protector

prenerf CoS is much better than ring. instaclick invis ... not sure how i'd live without it on my necro.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 03-18-2018, 11:29 AM
Planar Protector

for charm killing they are the same.

you don't have to wear the cap. you also don't have to click a target for it. invis is also probably much better as a utlity spell than ivanimals.
Old 03-18-2018, 02:27 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
for charm killing they are the same.

you don't have to wear the cap. you also don't have to click a target for it. invis is also probably much better as a utlity spell than ivanimals.
For charm breaking they are not the same. CoS is better for breaking charm because you don't have to switch target (to yourself) like you do with GGR. Allows you to eliminate a couple of keystrokes from charm break. Doesn't always matter, but there are definitely times when you're pushing charming to the max when a half-second seems really valuable.
Old 03-18-2018, 03:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuurin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For charm breaking they are not the same. CoS is better for breaking charm because you don't have to switch target (to yourself) like you do with GGR. Allows you to eliminate a couple of keystrokes from charm break. Doesn't always matter, but there are definitely times when you're pushing charming to the max when a half-second seems really valuable.
did you read my post? or just the first line?
Closed Thread