Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 08-31-2014, 01:10 AM
Aviak

Default Are caster mobs OP here?

All my melee toons have to avoid casters tougher than blue con, as they'll root me, blast away and remove most of my HPs even before closing to melee range, then if I get out of root, they keep up with me as I strafe run.

I don't recall casters like blue con druids in Western Karana being so grossly no-win-situation OP in classic... but it has been a long time *shrug*
Old 08-31-2014, 02:22 AM
Banned

From memory the caster shit wasnt revamped for a while, maybe even into velious.

When they started casting proper level spells.

Casters on live in the earlier days were a joke as a melee. Would just sit there casting stuns and shit, never an ice comet.
Old 08-31-2014, 06:25 AM
Planar Protector

Per other threads on this topic, caster mobs are more OP here than they were on live because player resists are currently scaled based on a max of 500 rather than a max of 255. This means mobs close to your level will land more spells and will do more damage on average when you get a partial resist.
Old 08-31-2014, 06:48 AM
Aviak

So what's to be done? Searching on my own, I see the overpowered caster mobs on 1999 has been an issue for a long time.
Old 08-31-2014, 07:31 AM
Planar Protector

Hope that Haynar (or another dev) has the time and the inclination to revamp PvE resists. Not certain, but I think that resist revamp is one of their goals for Velious release. Meanwhile, don't fight casters unless you have the means to mitigate their casting or the strength to crush them regardless.
Old 08-31-2014, 09:35 AM
Planar Protector

i thnk a lot of the mobs here cast innapropriate spells also. I never heard anyone talk about getting ice cometted by frogs in guk or even in seb, I feel like mob spells where capped at level 39 but alas, dat proof
Old 08-31-2014, 12:49 PM
Kobold

The last time I played my Druid a few years ago, I entered Chardok got 1shot by a nice comet by the first mob in the zone. Caster mobs, even through Velious NEVER casted level appropriate spells, and even tho it has been posted on the bugs forum with proof in the past nothing has changed.
Old 08-31-2014, 03:26 PM
Aviak

Well, with any luck something will eventually be done. It seemed unlikely this could be as it was in classic. I mean I died a LOT in classic, don't get me wrong, heh :-D But fights with single blue con casters I attack at full health wasn't something I remember going so consistently badly.

Pity my caster characters don't seem to have the power the caster mobs do ;-)
Old 08-31-2014, 03:35 PM
Planar Protector

caster mobs are way weaker than they used to be - for a long time they had 10x the mana

hiero would chain cold nukes on you for like 12 minutes before he ran out of mana as it used to be
Old 08-31-2014, 04:08 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
caster mobs are way weaker than they used to be - for a long time they had 10x the mana

hiero would chain cold nukes on you for like 12 minutes before he ran out of mana as it used to be
Ouch! Well, I suppose I ought to be thankful I started playing past that awfulness, ha! :-D