Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Old 09-28-2021, 01:28 PM
Planar Protector

where is the rogen plz i beg thread?
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 09-28-2021, 01:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I made this account in anticipation of the upcoming teams pvp or fresh red server.

*Looks at join date*

...shit
damnnn 2010 not possible wasn't that when red launched?
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 09-28-2021, 04:13 PM
Planar Protector

there are still people playing red 18 hrs per day

why do we need a new server
Old 09-28-2021, 05:31 PM
Planar Protector

Because some people want to play for fun

Just like blue re-rolled with green, red needs to re-roll with brown.

You can see that the red numbers are super low compared to where they were in kunark and earliest velious. There isn't a lot of reason for someone to get started on red 99 server at the end of velious era with low population - they would rather play on blue or green since there is little to no pvp level 1-55 and it doesn't really make a lot of sense here. Nothing is going to change to pull population back in.

If it was rallos rules there would be low level pvp to participate in.

If it was sullon custom 2 teams there would at least be 1 other whole team that would exist even if in shambles to keep some level of pvp interest happening.

Disappointed.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 09-28-2021, 06:33 PM
Planar Protector

Unhappy

RZ/FV crossover ruleset is one potential possibility for a ruleset. All items droppable with item loot.

Still no news of the new server tho... disappointed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-28-2021, 10:09 PM
Banned

Who could be possibly hurt by a new red.
Old 09-28-2021, 10:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Who could be possibly hurt by a new red.
That's kinda what everyone has been asking since red's been idle at 90 high count pop for a billion years. If those 90 people wanna keep winning at the flat lined server, that's great and eventually the players that stick with red 2.0 will probably get added to their number.

The trouble is there is no reason to join the pvp server except a tiny bit of pvp pride right now. Little hope of fun until you hit level 60 and even then its such a limited group doing limited things. Hard to wanna get in there as the joys of PVP have always been more about the journey than the level 60 raid scene.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 09-28-2021, 11:20 PM
Planar Protector

this drama is so funny to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOD
"I will honor those who honor Me, but those who despise Me will be disgraced." HCSB 1 Samuel 2:30
Old 09-29-2021, 09:45 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's kinda what everyone has been asking since red's been idle at 90 high count pop for a billion years. If those 90 people wanna keep winning at the flat lined server, that's great and eventually the players that stick with red 2.0 will probably get added to their number.

The trouble is there is no reason to join the pvp server except a tiny bit of pvp pride right now. Little hope of fun until you hit level 60 and even then its such a limited group doing limited things. Hard to wanna get in there as the joys of PVP have always been more about the journey than the level 60 raid scene.
Im sure alot of people are in my position. I dont play not because of the low numbers, but because EQ is a substancial time investment and since we dont know wtf is the game plan, i dont wanna play for the next 3 months only to be told that red is going to get archived in some form and i have to start over on a new server.

If the new server is never going to happen, a considerate staff would just come out and say that it will never happen. Im sorry to bitch again about this but like always, very little consideration is given to players, kept in the dark till the last minute IE if they dont like it they can just fuck off. Like just for the sake of the red active population it would be a good thing to update us on what is the game plan here or just tell us we havent taken a decision yet, anything. Its been like that since the start.
Last edited by Tradesonred; 09-29-2021 at 09:50 AM..
Old 09-29-2021, 10:08 AM
Planar Protector

Agreed Tradesonred on all points except that I wouldn't personally play red because of lack of fun.

Others would consider it though, if staff said "there will never be another pvp server, this is it forever, play it or not, we're gunna leave it up for as long as the project survives" it would give it good boost potential and all the guys seeking BIS on 80 person server will feel vindicated for their efforts.
Lost but not forgotten.