Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Old 01-11-2023, 04:36 PM
Planar Protector

3 box. im out.
Old 01-11-2023, 09:11 PM
Fire Giant

I will play probably casually as no bards. Simple solution to fixing bards is making selos self only (I did it on Dragonspear, and bards were mediocre at best.)

Would love to see some one try to recreate an OG permanent version of EverQuest PvP.

I love a good drug box, but my body is ready for the pure classic experience that Brad intended (and we haven't truly experienced in many years - since P99 red release.)
Old 01-13-2023, 02:21 PM
Banned

I dont remember bards being that deadly on live, people feared necromancers, shamans,, and shadowknights waaay more, cleric and paladin where the counters to those guys

bards where like a nuisance butt not a threat why are bards such a problem on r99??? resists???

Stuns not working full duration and stuff? Bows?

U would think with the current ogre war bow situation bards would just basically not be able to get close enough to cast any spells on ur ogre shadowknights and if they did try to come in a dungeon, dead
Old 01-13-2023, 09:31 PM
Sarnak

bards turn every outdoor fight into a mandatory requirement to have selo's or you lose

RoZ doesn't have the melee weapon damage bonus bug that red99 has, so it isn't just every melee running around spamming ranged attacks
Old 01-13-2023, 10:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I might put just the tip in....but man....box pvp is just as sweaty as 15 years ago. The way people foam at the mouth to push expansions and shit so fast....was a huge turn off for me. Still ill probably roll a necro and fuck around a bit.
oh nooo....you shouldn't be allowed to two box. I still have nitemares

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOD
"I will honor those who honor Me, but those who despise Me will be disgraced." HCSB 1 Samuel 2:30
Old 01-13-2023, 10:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I dont remember bards being that deadly on live, people feared necromancers, shamans,, and shadowknights waaay more, cleric and paladin where the counters to those guys

bards where like a nuisance butt not a threat why are bards such a problem on r99??? resists???

Stuns not working full duration and stuff? Bows?

U would think with the current ogre war bow situation bards would just basically not be able to get close enough to cast any spells on ur ogre shadowknights and if they did try to come in a dungeon, dead
In classic selo broke root/snare every pulse. So big in classic
Old 01-14-2023, 01:16 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infectious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In classic selo broke root/snare every pulse. So big in classic
I do remember that being a thing.

Just don't remember them killing ppl really either.
Old 01-14-2023, 11:48 AM
Sarnak

Will the GM/ people calling the shots play on the server ?
Old 01-14-2023, 03:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazy/sickpuppy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Will the GM/ people calling the shots play on the server ?
id rather devs playtest their server so they get a handle on things instead of not knowing what the fuck they are doing and pat feedback on the head like yea yea whatever this isnt Call of duty and empty their server.
Old 01-14-2023, 11:22 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tradesonred [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
id rather devs playtest their server so they get a handle on things instead of not knowing what the fuck they are doing and pat feedback on the head like yea yea whatever this isnt Call of duty and empty their server.
We all know what happens on these boxes when the dev/ gm calling the shots plays on the server it 100% never ends good for one reason or another