Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2014, 03:11 AM
Banned

You'll both be shot and/or completely miss your targets. The people with guns that go for "stopping power and high capacity" can't aim and have to rely on the myriad of bullets they'll be sending at the target to stack up and stop them eventually.

If you can't shoot them once in the leg and call yourself defended, you need to get back to the range and learn how to aim. If you're actually facing an armed attacker, you're not going to need to worry about how many bullets your gun can carry at once. You only need one and shouldn't need more than one to put something down if your life is really in danger. If you're not prepared to end someone's life, you shouldn't be spouting off about stopping power and capacity depths. I would venture that no one, including myself, has any experience when it comes to ending another human being's life, and as much as you'd like to glorify and talk about it on an emulated gaming website, you'll never do it.

If you want to act like life is a movie and fire off 7 shots before you're down to 10, sure get a nice high capacity gun, you horrible shot, you. Glock 17s, lol. I guess if you want to shoot like some fucking cowboy in the National Afghani army and just spray a machine gun left and right, hoping to hit, oh I don't know, absolutely anything, including civilians.
Last edited by BillyCranston; 01-09-2014 at 03:14 AM..
Old 01-09-2014, 03:24 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyCranston [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you can't shoot them once in the leg and call yourself defended... If you want to act like life is a movie
Not sure how you can talk about aiming for the leg, and in the same post reference acting like life is a movie. If you're aiming for anything other than center mass you're doing it wrong. Firearms when used for self defense are not for injuring people, they are for killing people. If you're not willing to kill what you're shooting, you should invest in a baseball bat or some mace instead.
Old 01-09-2014, 04:01 AM
Planar Protector

Default A lady's opinion.

My husband has a .45 and it just wasn't for me so I ended up getting a .38 exactly like the one below and it's perfect. It fits better in my hand and I just prefer revolvers. Had to laugh when I tried his the first time we went target shooting. The spent casings kept flying up and hitting me in the face. Yeah I was doing it wrong so after he stopped laughing ([You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]) he showed me what I was doing wrong. I still prefer the .38.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-09-2014, 04:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhambuk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Take that money and move to a safer neighborhood

seriously though, nfc about guns never needed to use one for anything.
lots of firearm aficionado's here that can direct you.

Bad stuff happens in good neighborhoods too. Just sayin'.. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I've also never needed to use one either, and hope I never have to, but I'm glad I have one just in case.
Old 01-09-2014, 04:53 AM
Kobold

Pay attention to the grain count on the rounds. Most female carriers do not prefer large kick from the higher grain count. Most of us guys do HAND ARTILLARY! ya baby! .380 is a good round. Plenty of power but not so much to over power a short barrel.

I dont live in a hostile area. So i dont feel the need to carry. But break into my house, and sweet jesus look out! The .45 acp is nice for that, well the m4 carbine as well.. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-09-2014, 09:20 AM
Sarnak

I personally enjoy Flamethrowers (a mechanical incendiary device designed to project a long controllable stream of fire).

Some flamethrowers project a stream of ignited flammable liquid; some project a long gas flame. Most military flamethrowers use liquids, but commercial flamethrowers tend to use high-pressure propane and natural gas, which is considered safer. They are used by the military and by people needing controlled burning capacity, such as in agriculture (e.g., sugar cane plantations) or other such land management tasks. They can be designed to either be carried by the operator or mounted on a vehicle.

Here's me flamin' the grass:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-09-2014, 10:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by compulsion [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What for you may be the best decision for a CHL weapon is probably not going to be a great decision for your wife as a shooter...

I personally carry a Ruger SP101 .357 mag revolver. It is absolutely accurate and reliable and that means everything to me in a concealed. I can't imagine any situation where I would need to lay out multiple rounds in self defense. I like revolvers as well for women in that they seem to be more intuitive to a very casual shooter.

I'll add that I do not enjoy shooting "compact" pistols. So a revolver that I can just keep loaded and tucked away for a specific purpose is ideal. I know for sure I will never jam up even if it hasn't been touched in months.

For a weapon you will shoot regularly, and will be in the home or car(in some states) I would go with a full size for sure, but that is another topic entirely.

If you already have the 12ga at home, depending on how much your wife likes shooting, I think that should cover what she should use for defense if needed. My mom has a 20ga, and should it become necessary, I think her chances of taking someone out with the shotgun is a vastly better than her chances with any pistol.

I'll have to look more into revolvers. I will be carrying so I wanted something compact that can't be seen, but looking at Zades revolver, it might be a plausible choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea, 1911s are a little bulky, but even as a skinny guy I could conceal mine under a jacket or baggy hoodie reasonably well. I honestly don't think I'd ever carry a 1911 just because I wouldn't know how to carry it. Being single action only, having a round in chamber with hammer down doesn't make much sense or seem that safe, and even with the multiple safeties, carrying it with hammer cocked seems kind of sketchy. Maybe that is just me being paranoid, but if I'm not carrying in a holster I think I'd want a wheel gun that is SA/DA with the hammer down over an unloaded chamber. I personally like exposed hammers (which is honestly my only gripe with Glocks) - I think it is a control thing, but really that is just a matter of preference. I can totally see how a concealed hammer would be advantageous for carry.

I don't think I've ever fired a revolver with a concealed hammer, are all rounds double action? My only real gripe with most 1911s is they're mostly single action only. I think if I were going to carry something I'd definitely want something that was double action for the first round and single action for all subsequent rounds. Might be something to consider when making your selection Itap.

Edit just to clarify, the reason I suggested a 1911 before was just because I feel like it is the pinnacle of .45s. Might not be great for conceal carry, but god damn is it a perfect design! If you're in the market for a .45, can't do much better than something that was designed over 100 years ago and is still arguably the best thing on the market.
Thanks for this, another one to add to the list
Old 01-09-2014, 10:28 AM
Planar Protector

Also, I will not be responding to troll posts. This is off-topic, not RnF.
Old 01-09-2014, 11:06 AM
Planar Protector

walther ppk
Old 01-09-2014, 11:24 AM
Sarnak

I'd recommend something in .45 as it is a lot more common than .380, also more powerful etc. There are also about a million different choices as far as guns in .45 as well. I'd look into a Springfield XD or Glock if I were you. That seems to be where most people start their search. Also 1911's are a nice option as well, when I do carry I lug around my Kimber Custom CDP II, although some people feel that a full size 1911is too large to conceal.
Closed Thread