Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2014, 11:41 AM
Banned

move to a non fucked up country where there is free medical of top standards, cheap world class education, fuck all unemployment, and no cunt robs you.

The mere idea of owning a gun is just retarded for any other developed country but good old USA.
Old 01-09-2014, 11:42 AM
Planar Protector

Bfg9000
Old 01-09-2014, 12:05 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zade [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Both are good choices but I would not choose either. The ruger is an excellent compact pistol, which is excellent for concealed carry, but if I can only hold 6+1 rounds, i would rather have something with 6 rounds and more stopping power like a 38 special revolver with a hidden hammer.

the 45 is a nice weapon for concealed carry if you get the right model/mods so that it doesn't have sharp pointy parts that will give out the conceal. the 45 will obs have a lot more kick then the 22 so your wife might tire from repeated fire.

in my CC weapons, i go for high stopping power and high capacity. my favorite so far has been BDA .380 and S&W 38 special model 49 aka the bodyguard

--edit--
gsorry, didnt really answer your question. if i had to choose one of those, would choose the 45 over the 380. more bullets, more power, more better
Stopping power is overstated. I read a big long paper written by a cop that collected shooting data over 10 years. The number one man killer was the .380, with 9mm being second.

I think the best gun is the one you are confident and can shoot well with.

That being said, for CC, I'm kinda digging the G42.
Mithras Firehealer - 60 cleric
Gurig Fireplague - 53 necro
Umphrey McGee - 55 magician
Loden Arrows - 46 ranger
Old 01-09-2014, 12:08 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyCranston [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You'll both be shot and/or completely miss your targets. The people with guns that go for "stopping power and high capacity" can't aim and have to rely on the myriad of bullets they'll be sending at the target to stack up and stop them eventually.

If you can't shoot them once in the leg and call yourself defended, you need to get back to the range and learn how to aim. If you're actually facing an armed attacker, you're not going to need to worry about how many bullets your gun can carry at once. You only need one and shouldn't need more than one to put something down if your life is really in danger. If you're not prepared to end someone's life, you shouldn't be spouting off about stopping power and capacity depths. I would venture that no one, including myself, has any experience when it comes to ending another human being's life, and as much as you'd like to glorify and talk about it on an emulated gaming website, you'll never do it.

If you want to act like life is a movie and fire off 7 shots before you're down to 10, sure get a nice high capacity gun, you horrible shot, you. Glock 17s, lol. I guess if you want to shoot like some fucking cowboy in the National Afghani army and just spray a machine gun left and right, hoping to hit, oh I don't know, absolutely anything, including civilians.

I agree with most of this, though I think it could all be stated less condescendingly. Good points though that I don't think most people really consider.
Loden Arrows - 46 ranger
Old 01-09-2014, 12:18 PM
Planar Protector

Just buy a Henry Golden Boy and stockpile 22 ammo for the coming zombie apocalypse imo.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Srs tho, last gun you'll ever own.
Old 01-09-2014, 12:25 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buriedpast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
move to a non fucked up country where there is free medical of top standards, cheap world class education, fuck all unemployment, and no cunt robs you.

The mere idea of owning a gun is just retarded for any other developed country but good old USA.
What country are you referring to?

And why would you recommend that someone move countries in lieu of buying a gun? That's kinda ridiculous, no?
Loden Arrows - 46 ranger
Old 01-09-2014, 12:26 PM
Planar Protector

Lol @ shooting someone in the leg. If I fire at someone, it's to kill them, or I wouldn't have fired to begin with.

Do you think an armed attacker is aiming at your leg?
Old 01-09-2014, 01:00 PM
Aviak

Didn't read the whole post, but Rugers are great guns for the less experienced, there frame is more ergonomical for people who don't shoot regularly. I was at Gander mountain looking for a pistol for my wife, I personally carry a Glock 27, and shoot a Glock22 regularly... I had a hard time drawing the ruger on target as I am trained for the more rigid Glock frame, however my wife had the opposite problem and was able to train the Ruger on target every draw... This may have been a random occurance, but my personal experience.
Old 01-09-2014, 01:13 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What country are you referring to?

And why would you recommend that someone move countries in lieu of buying a gun? That's kinda ridiculous, no?
I wouldn't call our Medical "top notch", but for the most part it's free. Unemployment isn't 0%, but it's not hard to find a job here if you really want to work. Bitches will rob you no matter where you live though... you just have to find a more trustworthy bitch to hook up with (or bastard... whatever the case may be). If you don't trust your bitch/bastard, definitely, no matter what you do... do NOT live with them for 6 months or marry them.

Canada... People don't buy guns here unless they hunt, like to shoot at ranges, or play Airsoft (does this even count?)... it's one of those "huh? I need a whaa??" things.

Blue: (Inactive)
Pinoit Pumpie, Elleyne
<Bregan D'Aerth>

TAKProject: (Inactive)
Marshmallow Staypuffed, Pinoit, Pinot, Piia, Dahria, Freyja, Inaera, Naga, Bhut, Mata

Green: (Inactive)
Echofreya
<Black Lotus>

Formerly:
Babayaaga Danaeis, Ellyn Danaeis
~Xegony
Last edited by Babayaaga; 01-09-2014 at 01:15 PM..
Old 01-09-2014, 01:24 PM
Planar Protector

1) .380 rounds might be scarce when ammunition manufacturers switch the dies over for the more ubiquitous 9mm rounds.

2) For your wife, I would go with a revolver unless she is comfortable with keeping a round chambered in a semi-auto. In a self defense situation, she may only have access to one arm/hand ... you can't depend on having both hands free/uninjured to chamber a round. In that case the firearm may as well be a brick.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Closed Thread