Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2014, 03:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pringles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I carry a glock 23 (40 cal, compact), though I'm tempted to swap out for a glock 27 (40 cal, sub-compact). I'm 6'4 so the 23 works, but I think the 27 would be a bit easier to conceal (I need to see if I can actually shoot the 27 though....) I like the magazine capacity of my 23 (13+1), stopping power, and the availability/cost of the .40. My wife can also handle it well and she's small framed / 100 lbs.

I do love shooting my buddies G32C though, something about the sound of the compensated barrel. The .357 has incredible stopping power, I just don't like the cost. I help him out by giving him my .40 brass though for his reloads.

But if you're talking strictly home defense, stick with a shotgun and keep it readily available. No better weapon for home defense. Pistols in home defense situations are only for getting to a better gun.

Pringles is right regarding home defense. Shotgun is the way to go. The KSG was built with the barrel retracted into the stock so while the barrel is technically legal length the gun itself is pretty much a sawed off. Which makes it great for home defense as you don't want to be swinging around 4 feet of steel to track to a target. Holds 13? rounds...oh and looks sexy as hell.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-11-2014, 07:49 PM
Planar Protector

Didnt FPS russia have like 3 of those break on him? (they were all brand new?)
Old 01-11-2014, 07:56 PM
VIP / Contributor

my home defense weapon of choice is a shotgun as well. saiga12 way to go, undoubtedly. 30 round drum. if you are a less than savory individual, you can get someone to turn it into a full auto, or you can steal an AA12 from Russia. Get me one plz
Old 01-11-2014, 10:21 PM
Planar Protector

I also have a saiga 12 for my home defense [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Whered you get 30 round drum? I only have 20. (MD Arms). I have a ton of MD arms drums for sale too if you want some =P (they are new, and cheaper than what MD arms sells them for.... i bet wrong on the nation freaking out, my loss... your gain)

Have you done a conversion on yours yet? I converted my s12 and my saiga 7.62x39.... only way to go IMO!
Closed Thread