Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Do you live in one of America's inner cities?
Yes, I live in a but I got inner city 41 18.55%
Yes, I live in a crime infested inner city 35 15.84%
Yes, I live in a burning crime infested inner city 33 14.93%
Bush burned the crime infested towers 153 69.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 221. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2018, 01:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throndor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yep. Need to go on survivalist expeditions more often. Takes so fucking long to get out into the wild from the bay area. Missin' northwest oregon.
Go off the beaten path in Muir Woods and the areas north of the bridge. So many beautiful redwood forests up there.
Old 12-22-2018, 01:42 PM
Planar Protector

3 shutdowns in two years with all branches held by Republicans.

Obama had one shutdown in 8 years.
Old 12-22-2018, 02:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by feniin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
3 shutdowns in two years with all branches held by Republicans.

Obama had one shutdown in 8 years.
I dont believe the catalyst for the shutdown is a partisan issue. Dubya had his issues to deal with and he kicked the can down the road with patchwork "solutions".

Obama continued that legacy of kicking the can down the road whilst the fed ingratiated him with keeping the federal interest rate tacked at 1% for his entire tenure in office so that the patches that were applied by dubya would continue staving off disaster. You cant honestly believe that ACA was a net positive for all of us, and thats the only unique thing that can be attributed solely to his administration outside of advancing smokescreen social justice issues.

Trump started out a firebrand demagogue, who i honestly believe intended to do well, but hes not very smart. I dont believe he knows why our economy is crashing. I believe those in public office, in the know, intentionally obsfucated issues because they need a patsy to take the fall for the imminent crash. This is why I call Trump King Ecgbert of North Umbria (seriously look up who king ecgbert was)

When he revised the tax plan to reassert reagan economics, i dont think he realized that corporations were just going to use the increased profits to accelerate their buyback, and option redistribution to their executive programs. I think he believed just opening the valve was going to allow the water to trickle down to employees (executives included) via salary bumps, and shareholders via dividends. I believe his decreasin of the upper tax brackets was an attempt to extend americas wealthy an olive branch so that they would be more inclined to increase salaries below them in kind.

Unfortunately, it seems the rich, even with lower income tax brackets, are insatiable in their desire to award themselves with the still cheaper capital gains method.

The core issue with our economic tumult is stock buybacks. We cannot continue allowing the ponzi scheme to go on.

As for foreign relations, thats a different matter, and not one i care to dive into right now. I can tell you this though.....the further we kick the can down the road, the worse the imminent crash is going to be. When it comes time to pay the piper, after all the bandaids are ripped off, and the true equity value of our corporations comes to light, its going to be a very painful time.

Assuming a linear economic growth pattern from the 1980s compared to the exponential growth pattern weve manipulated into existence, because of deregulating buybacks, reveals that approximately 70% of entire economy is imaginary equity.
Last edited by Throndor; 12-22-2018 at 02:33 PM..
Old 12-22-2018, 02:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
accelerationism is really immature dude
Neoliberal cronyism is immature.
Old 12-22-2018, 03:10 PM
Banned

oh no, who's going to pretend to lead the pretend fight against isis, the people we paid to arm
Old 12-22-2018, 05:51 PM
Banned

Reality is, our politicians are not prepared to deal with the issues plaguing the union. Its political suicide, at this point, to address to root causes. So theyre all just standing around with their figurative dicks in their hands, splashing on each others shoes, and saying "Look, he's got schmeg all over himself!"
Old 12-22-2018, 06:03 PM
Banned

seems like trump is at least toying with the notion [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-22-2018, 06:55 PM
Banned

Yup
Last edited by Throndor; 12-22-2018 at 07:00 PM..
Old 12-22-2018, 09:53 PM
Banned

https://medium.com/@micheleanderson/...n-d92f3e0e01a7

Really great read on what the meaning of fake news is.

This guy is caught but all news is fake like this now. All.

Every single episode of John Oliver is what this guy's article is. It's just melodramatic fiction for a libtard to jerk off to.

which is fine but you people don't understand that the News That's reported on John Oliver is the same as the news that you watch on actual news stations and you mix up all of it and you just think the rhetoric is real.
Last edited by mickmoranis; 12-22-2018 at 09:58 PM.. Reason: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/dec/21/der-spiegel-to-run-23-page-special-on-reporter-who-faked-stories-claas-relotius
Closed Thread