Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 01:35 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevebug [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This.

Little surprised the devs felt the need to even respond to the OP. Though their response had some interesting info for sure.
If useful information was gained, this thread has more value than 80% of the drivel that infest this board. All some of you seem to contribute is name calling, profanities and personal attacks, which might be why you have trouble understanding that not everyone are like that, and that not all criticism should be viewed as such. I for one found, as previously stated, that the OP had valid concerns and observations that definitely merited a civil response. Just because his opinions differ from mine or yours does not make them less valid or less deserving of respect.
Old 03-24-2010, 01:42 PM
Fire Giant

Send a message via AIM to Ferok

Thats an interesting drink^
Old 03-24-2010, 02:15 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thats an interesting drink^
10 Dose Blood of the Wolf, obviously.
Old 03-24-2010, 02:21 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaVeDK [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If useful information was gained, this thread has more value than 80% of the drivel that infest this board. All some of you seem to contribute is name calling, profanities and personal attacks, which might be why you have trouble understanding that not everyone are like that, and that not all criticism should be viewed as such. I for one found, as previously stated, that the OP had valid concerns and observations that definitely merited a civil response. Just because his opinions differ from mine or yours does not make them less valid or less deserving of respect.
I don't think it's simply a matter of differing opinions. I think the guy came off as a major passive aggressive weenie.
Old 03-24-2010, 03:21 PM
Planar Protector

This chick MutualOfOmaha is a douchebag.

Anyone that supports her is a douchebag.

Anyone that disagrees with Trimm is a douchebag.

..except when I disagree with Trimm, then HE is the douchebag!
Old 03-24-2010, 03:23 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to Trimm

^^^ Can't disagree with this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog View Post
Cats on the moon not happening on my watch.
Old 03-24-2010, 03:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaVeDK [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If useful information was gained, this thread has more value than 80% of the drivel that infest this board. All some of you seem to contribute is name calling, profanities and personal attacks, which might be why you have trouble understanding that not everyone are like that, and that not all criticism should be viewed as such.
I second this.
Old 03-24-2010, 05:11 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by doacleric;32843.
And unless we can build a magic time machine and go back to 1999 and break into the verant offices and steal the classic source code and database, there will be some things that will never be 100% perfect.
What about the freedom of information act?.....
Falisaty Shagswell mage of 10 winters
"O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade that, with it, thou mayest blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy." Armaments 2:9
Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmakos View Post
my dick would look huge in her hand
Old 03-24-2010, 08:17 PM
Planar Protector

I agree with doacleric. The server will never be 100%, and if you tried to ensure 100% compliance than the server would probably never be live unless the original developers assisted the effort. It will always be hampered by bugs and exploits. The OP is right that irreparable damage has been done over time, but he's wrong in saying that it's anyone's fault. We're all here to post the problems so they can get fixed, but it will never be a perfect classic experience like the OP wants (and so many of us would like to see). Even if the original developers of eq were to surface and make it 100% technically compliant, we can never go back to 1999 to a time when everything was new and it was like entering a different world - fresh like spring.

Anyway, I thought the OP tried to be too polite about it. My thinking is there was a lot of anger underneath his post, but he was trying to be civil. A lot of people here misinterpreted that as being "passive-aggressive", and thought he was just trolling. But a lot of the responses here are uncivil and fit the exact definition of trolling. So, if you hoped to bring civility, you kind of failed. If you take what he said at face value it's just another person that was wishing for a 100% classic eq and didn't get it, so he was mad and came here to ask why it was this way. That's fine with me. I think the larger issue here is that there's a lot of angst on this forum, not just on the part of the OP. We all need to work to treat eachother more respectfully. Otherwise, as you can see here, the post gets moved to the rants thread. How long before every single post is moved here?
Last edited by stormlord; 03-24-2010 at 08:28 PM..
Closed Thread