Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 10-19-2022, 07:45 AM
Large Bat

Post Kasimaps (EQ MAP)

Hi folks,
I am currently working on a map program for p99 EQ. It supports the usual features, like always-on-top, transparent windows or map visibility based on current Z position. It also allows you to style the map itself, hide different POI layers, copy waypoint coordinates to send to friends via ingame chat and basically explore the whole zone.

It contains map data from nparse <3 and another layer of data taken from p99-wiki a few days ago. These coordinates have no Z part and tend to clutter the map a bit. They can be hidden by deactivating the *99 layer though.

The README contains some basic installation and usage instructions but is far from complete. It is completely open source and should run along with other parsers just fine.

The program is written in Kotlin (Java). In it's current version there is no user friendly installer (therefore you have to install java on your own) yet, but some nerds might find it useful. It uses JavaFX and Spring-Boot under the hood and only the Windows dependencies are included in the current distribution. However, I could add Linux/Mac support if anyone is interested.

The code is still in active development and only a snapshot version is available at the moment, which might have bugs from time to time. Feel free to contact me in-game, on github, p99 discord or forums about bugs or feature requests. As long as i keep playing this game it will probably get updates and new features. Yet some features, like spell tracking, discord integration or networking will probably never make it into Kasimaps.

Some of my guild members and I are already using it. However, I would like to find some testers or programmers who can test the functionality or review the code themselves. Contributors might get a little POI on the About-Map [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Best regards,
red.Kasima

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Old 10-23-2022, 09:26 PM
Sarnak

Looks cool.
Old 10-26-2022, 04:45 PM
Large Bat

Latest update adds true transparency.

Best
Kasima
Old 11-19-2022, 07:46 AM
Large Bat

Latest update adds multiplayer map synchronization

+ a menu with all known POI

.. and some ui fixes. Have fun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

best
Kasima
Old 11-20-2022, 03:17 AM
Kobold

big props for open sourcing this from the start -- that's how you release software for the EQ community, especially when the risk of people doing nefarious things to steal accounts is a real risk
Old 11-22-2022, 03:46 PM
Large Bat

Yea thx for the notice. The commit history exists since a very early stage in development. The Github account is linked to me irl. Everyone can see the code, other programmers would blame me for something like this. To make it even more secure i also added automatic builds using github-actions. Every code change triggers a build and deploys the jar files into the ./dist/ directory. This makes sure the binaries u see are always made from the actual code. Im also planning to add a snyk integration for depenency vulnarability management.

By the way, the last version groups POIs in the Find-Menu by name and the app also reacts to /who now.

best
kasima