Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 02-28-2023, 06:25 PM
Planar Protector

Default Is it possible to replace dagger graphic with spear

And how would this be done if so? Would be cool to replace the sad little toenail clipper that is the default dagger graphic.
Old 02-28-2023, 06:31 PM
Planar Protector

I don’t think so, friend. Lemme know if life finds a way
“The fundamental question is, will I be as effective as a boss like my dad was? And I will be, even more so. But until I am, it's going to be hard to verify that I think I'll be more effective.“- Little Carmine
Old 02-28-2023, 06:53 PM
Planar Protector

If people can replace models with higher resolutions, you'd think they could also switch them out.

But apparently it's not as simple as changing the name of spear.jpeg with dagger.jpeg. And that's basically where my expertise ends.
Old 02-28-2023, 08:16 PM
Planar Protector

Changing models used to be possible here (even changing to Luclin models [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]).

Then some guild used that trick to change NPC models. I forget if it was to see whether an NPC was carrying certain loot (that you couldn't normally see visibly), or if it was to make a boss mob easier to click on (for racing) ... I think it was the latter ... but anyhow, since then the staff disabled model changing.

As a result, without some serious (ban-worthy) hacks, I don't think changing your dagger into a sword is possible on P99.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 02-28-2023, 08:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Changing models used to be possible here (even changing to Luclin models [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]).

Then some guild used that trick to change NPC models. I forget if it was to see whether an NPC was carrying certain loot (that you couldn't normally see visibly), or if it was to make a boss mob easier to click on (for racing) ... I think it was the latter ... but anyhow, since then the staff disabled model changing.

As a result, without some serious (ban-worthy) hacks, I don't think changing your dagger into a sword is possible on P99.
How do people upload higher res texture packages then? The wiki has updated elemental models you can download.

Perhaps it's just my ignorance of how it all works, but I don't see how they could possibly know the difference between a high resolution dagger change vs a change that makes it look like a spear.

Either way it's not the end of the world, just hate that damn default dagger look.
Old 03-12-2023, 02:07 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

can't believe custom models were ever allowed tbh

using spiky/neon/oversized models is one of the most basic cheats
Old 03-13-2023, 04:07 AM
Planar Protector

It wasn’t really allowed it was kinda a tolerated limitation of whatever anti hax was in place and wasn’t too common.

On pvp changing skeleton graphic to something else I believe allowed names to be visible on people with AON effect on
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 03-13-2023, 11:12 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How do people upload higher res texture packages then? The wiki has updated elemental models you can download.

Perhaps it's just my ignorance of how it all works, but I don't see how they could possibly know the difference between a high resolution dagger change vs a change that makes it look like a spear.

Either way it's not the end of the world, just hate that damn default dagger look.
I'm not expert, but as I understand it changing textures just changes the coloring of the model. You can't change the model itself, which allows for more game breaking effects.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 03-13-2023, 12:47 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And how would this be done if so? Would be cool to replace the sad little toenail clipper that is the default dagger graphic.
Wrong game
cough ... WoW .... cough

https://wowwiki-archive.fandom.com/w...smogrification