Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 03-21-2023, 05:09 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moppelchen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bards aren't bad crawlers, but not fantastic either. Enchanters are definitely better.

On my bard I can, for example, get to some nameds in Sebilis and solo them (without relying on charm), such as Froglok Armorer and Necrosis Scarab. If you can get a named solo you can pretty much kill it (as long as it's 55 or below, MR not too high and mezzable). Just bard slow, melee it some, mez, regen up, rinse and repeat until the mob is dead. Only issue is that if you're gear is meh, then it will take you forever to kill a mob, which takes the fun out of it.
This. Especially if there's a krup shaman healer in the other room - I'm looking at you Froggy.

Astuce
Old 03-21-2023, 06:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by VincentVolaju [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I always hear people say Enchanter is the #1 farmer in the game. However Ive been watching some Bard videos on YT and they seem pretty good, I dunno.

What yall think?
Bards are better dungeon crawlers until level 50. Their low level charm lasts 4 ticks & costs no mana and mezzes are really reliable including the aoe one. You have all the tools/regen needed to succeed with literal nonstop kills if you know what you're doing.

Unfortunately, this doesn't scale as well 51+ as the final charm sucks and drains your mana among other things so this is when enchanters start to pull away so really no competition at this point if you want to farm big nameds.
Old 03-21-2023, 07:24 PM
Sarnak

Bards also can't mez mobs above level 45 until the level 53 song. There's a really awkward window of time where it's a pretty unimpressive class. Basically mid-40s until 53, and those are the levels where you want to be getting into those Kunatk dungeons.
Old 03-21-2023, 07:49 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bockscar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bards also can't mez mobs above level 45 until the level 53 song. There's a really awkward window of time where it's a pretty unimpressive class. Basically mid-40s until 53, and those are the levels where you want to be getting into those Kunatk dungeons.
Luckily this wasn't classic and p99 changed it in 2013.
Old 03-21-2023, 07:53 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by astuce999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This. Especially if there's a krup shaman healer in the other room - I'm looking at you Froggy.

Astuce
(edit: Oh you said other room. I was thinking killing them as a ph can be a bit rough.) I'm planning to try some poison/disease cure pots to better weather shaman and necros in seb and hs.
Old 03-22-2023, 11:25 AM
Planar Protector

bards are a raid class

hope this helps
Old 03-22-2023, 12:45 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatChapp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Necros have amazing 18second mez. Wizards are amongst the worst solo dungeon crawlers.
I meant overall in the first paragraph.