Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 09-24-2010, 12:42 PM
Sarnak

Default mana draining on sit/stand

Hello, so i just started to play again on this server. and was getting around to exp'n and a strange bug where ill sit to regen mana, and get say 60mana but whenever i stand up my mana will be drained almost empty and ill be sitting with like 12 mana... was wondering how to go about fixing this, ive tried camping, and relogging the whole client with no results
Old 09-24-2010, 02:24 PM
Planar Protector

Try drinking. This bug has happened to my friend and he did that to fix it.
Old 09-24-2010, 07:21 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enderenter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Try drinking. This bug has happened to my friend and he did that to fix it.
hhehehe
Old 09-24-2010, 08:23 PM
Kobold

No seriously.. you are prob out of food and water.
Old 09-25-2010, 01:25 AM
Kobold

eat, drink, Cast spells! =D
Old 09-25-2010, 01:36 AM
Orc

If drinking didn't work, then it nay be this:

Did you put a training point into meditate BEFORE getting to your class' meditate level? (level 4 for INT casters, level 8 for WIS casters). If yes, then the issue will go away once you reach those levels. If you did NOT, then I don't know what to tell ya!
Old 09-26-2010, 10:20 PM
Sarnak

the meditate thing may be the case.. cause im full on water/food... guess these next 2 lvls are gonna be pretty long, thanks for the info
Old 09-29-2010, 07:01 AM
Aviak

I had same thing on my lev 6 cleric when i wanted to play him again.

Once i got up from medding to full, casting or moving, mana went to 0.

Delete him made new char and now everything is fine..
Old 09-29-2010, 09:28 AM
Orc

There are two main causes that I have seen from this and both are listed above. The way to tell the difference between the two issues is pretty simple.

Issue 1) No Food and Drink. If you are hungry and/or Thirsty (not sure which one is mana and which one is stamina) you will not regen mana correctly. On the Client side you appear to be regaining mana but the Server side you do not. Therefor when you stand up and or go to cast the mana value from the Server updates the client and you appear to loose ALL the mana you have regained.

Issue 2) Training Meditate before the correct level. If you trained meditate the client calculates mana based on your meditate. The server calculates mana with out the meditate figured in which is much slower. When you stand up or cast the Server refreshes the client value with what it has and you mana drops significantly. You do not loose ALL the mana you gained but you loose a significant portion of it.

Both of these issues happen because the client calculates your mana for display purposes and the server updates it with what it has on an event. The Server value is what takes priority and therefor your client refreshes based on the value the server provides.
Old 10-07-2010, 01:50 PM
Banned

When I stand I lose about 1 tick of mana, I am level 30 with plenty of food drink.

I lose 1 tick every time I stand up, so if I am kiting this is bad. I can sit for 10 seconds, I get mana for 1 full 6 second tick then I stand an lose the mana.

Depending on the timing this means I can sit up to 16 seconds and have gained no mana after I stand up and lose a tick's worth.
Last edited by TJHooker; 10-07-2010 at 02:02 PM..