Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 09-30-2010, 06:05 PM
Aviak

Default Wierd lag-type bug

I don't know if this is related to the dual/quad core issue which is why I'm starting a new thread.

Sometimes once an hour, sometimes every ten minutes, my game slows to like 3 fps for about 2-3 minutes. I doesn't matter if I'm in combat, travelling on a boat, or even on the character select screen.

I've tried WinEQ, changing my resolution, changing my power settings and just about every other option in the graphics settings.

Anyone else ever have this problem or know what's going on? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-30-2010, 07:06 PM
Fire Giant

i had that issue bu wineq2 fixed it
Old 09-30-2010, 07:10 PM
Planar Protector

Maybe something running in the background? Try to tab out and see what's going on in the Task Manager when this happens again.
DAOC Class Descriptions by Crith (for all 3 realms, with some comparisons to EQ classes)
DAOC: Uthgard Revamp (old thread with some useful info)
"Sometimes a Majority means, that most fools are on the same side"
Old 10-01-2010, 10:48 AM
Aviak

Nothing out of the ordinary. I have a G15 so I can see my CPU/RAM usage, and if I have affinity set to one core there will be a CPU spike, but the spike goes away long before the game returns to normal.
Old 10-04-2010, 09:25 PM
Planar Protector

It could be a defrag task running in the background, or a virus scan. Even if CPU usage is low, it can affect hard drive speeds easily.
DAOC Class Descriptions by Crith (for all 3 realms, with some comparisons to EQ classes)
DAOC: Uthgard Revamp (old thread with some useful info)
"Sometimes a Majority means, that most fools are on the same side"
Old 10-05-2010, 12:28 AM
Aviak

Like I said, it can happen several times within an hour. There isn't anything running in the background other than virus protection (I have maintenance stuff set to run in the middle of the night.

I tried doing a fresh install of EQ from scratch in the event that I missed one of the p1999 files, but it still happens.

I was planning on building a new PC soon anyway...