Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2019, 10:47 AM
Sarnak

Default Oh So Classic

Just having a rant

So my little level 6 ass gets the bright idea to run to Rivervale and get some Honey Jum for the Cure Lempeck Hargin quest. I want that sweet sweet Shining Star of Light, yanno?

So I start running across WK... then NK...then EK, I run into a helpful bard. Whose name I forget.

I then bite it in the Gorge. Dirt Nap to an Elder Muddite. Maybe a mud nap.

Okay. Welp, run back across WK, punch and nuke a bear to death, now to NK. Meet a helpful shaman. Trade magics. Now I have SoW. Great! Love this community. Run to EK no problem. Couple of mages summon a wisp stone and invis me. SoW, Invis! Cake. Nope, fuckin' Gorge Hound sees me and I bust ass to EK/Gorge zone line.

Except, it's fuckin' dark, and I'm an Erudite. Oh look, the same goddamn muddite kills me again.

Back across WK, to NK...oh shit, got seen by a silvermist wolf. DA, run. Can't get far enough to get away. Get a Gate off. Phew.

Back across WK, trade magics with a druid...who gave me Skin Like Wood for Holy Armor, but skipped the whole SoW thing. Oh well, keep running. I'm not entitled to other players' magics.

Bard still waiting for me. Why I have no goddamn clue. I wish I remember his name. That guy was awesome.

Couple of close calls and ask for Invis. Friendly druid helps me out. Muddites don't see invis. Drag both corpses to RE entrance, loot. Success!

Get to Misty Thicket. Locate bixies. Kill a few, get bored killing greens, hey, let's find some honeycombs on vendors...okay, got 3. (Sold one for 5gp to a chanter, so hey, covered my costs there.)

Oh shit, now I'm short on cash. Get invited to a group. Lootwhore all the rusty weapons (hey no one else was picking them up), when Mooto attacks I book it to Rivervale. Some asshole selling the quest reward for 40p. Well I guess there's no 'cheev for it, then. Cool. Still want the mace - I need a magic whacker.

Kill that stupid dog once because I got lost in Rivervale, get my Jum, and gate. Turn it in to the guy in front of the UFO. Great XP. Good faction. Got my potion. So far, so good! I start to relax.

Tuck it safely in my bags, run to WK. Dodge scarecrows... turn in the potion.

Oh shit, I got the one that makes Lempeck aggro you. He's 20. I'm 6. I didn't get gate off.

4-5 hours, 4 deaths, multiple tours across WK and all I have to show for it is a bubble of orange in profit (surprisingly), a bunch of faction hits, a much higher sense heading skill, and sweet fanny adams.

As I log out, I think, so goddamn classic. Spank me harder, Smedley.
Old 10-29-2019, 11:02 AM
Kobold

Good post.

Thanks!
Old 10-29-2019, 11:13 AM
Sarnak

Nice post I had a similar experience except I didn’t do anything dumb and never died.
Tried to get immersed in Velious but quickly got burnt out by there being no challenge, the intensive raid schedule and pressure to be 100% or close to it with RA. In Nihilum, having 70% RA + meant you were a neckbeard, in Empire, 70% was the equivalent of being inactive status.
Old 10-29-2019, 11:20 AM
Planar Protector

Great post, but next time include a content warning.
Old 10-29-2019, 01:02 PM
Banned

Me reLaTe littL
Die feW tiMe in EFP but finallY goT boAt!
BinD in elF lanD biG reLieF
Old 10-29-2019, 01:27 PM
Fire Giant

git gud pal!
Old 10-29-2019, 02:07 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Great post, but next time include a content warning.
CW: Language, character death
Old 10-29-2019, 02:09 PM
Sarnak

This sort of thing would never happen on Red.

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 10-29-2019, 02:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benanov [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh [no], I got the one that makes Lempeck aggro you. He's 20. I'm 6. I didn't get gate off.
lol! (censored per Cecily's request [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.])
Old 10-29-2019, 02:30 PM
Banned

Our brothers surely have a will strong enough to endure and enjoy the immersion granted to us on Green.
Closed Thread