Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2021, 11:07 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Actually, that is what sets P99 apart. None of this is about figuring out content. It is an ever evolving strategy of beating other real players. Everquest has never been hard because of the PVE, it is hard because of the other players in your PVE.
That’s what makes EQ unique. PVEVP. Nothing else like it that I know of!
Old 03-31-2021, 11:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClephNote [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's quite a bit like tapping gnolls in goldshire
Old 03-31-2021, 11:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClephNote [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The funny thing about p99 is that the vocal minority thinks every classic server was like this but it wasn't. There were a significant number of servers where everything was rotated, or there was only 1 top guild and the next guild down was not directly competitive. Raiding and competition as it is on p99 is nothing like it was in classic. Very little about blue or green is a "classic experience".
Old 04-01-2021, 12:12 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You are confusing "skill" and "the ability to track 24 hours per day" as the same thing. No one wants to "compete" against people who treat P99 like a job.
Nope, I wasn't even referring to skill or tracking. We were talking about strategies, try and stay on topic here. So what you're saying is if every guild tracked more they would win more targets? Also wrong. Being able to track doesn't mean you get the mob, tracking just gives the guild the earliest notice and thus chance to go for the mob. The guild still has to rally troops, fight to the mob and win it. There is still skill involved in that. Tracking doesnt mean you automatically win the mob. You have to have good leaders to win. You seem to think tracking 24 hours a day overrides any skill involved in getting the mob. If you're going to stand up from the gallery at least stay on topic or say something with some sense, rather than riding the coattails of the "skill and tracking" moaners.
Old 04-01-2021, 12:24 AM
Planar Protector

90% of P99 raid encounters die in 30-45 seconds and involve spinning the target in a circle so they don't cast, so I sincerely have no idea what you are talking about. Maybe rooted ToV dragons have made things more interesting, I honestly don't care.

And yes, having a 24-hour tracking force also means you have other idiots who are willing to log in from a batphone call at 2am. I have seen some pretty spectacular training and DI tactics in my time raiding but the guild who tracks the hardest gets the most mobs, its always been that way. Its really sad and pathetic
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 04-01-2021, 12:28 AM
Sarnak

haha this idiot thinks dragons are still pulled to the entrance and pushed in a circle, gtfo
Old 04-01-2021, 12:29 AM
Planar Protector

Also was Seal team ever admitted to the Draft or are they being cucked by the GMs?
#FreeWuTang
Old 04-01-2021, 12:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by eezl [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
haha this idiot thinks dragons are still pulled to the entrance and pushed in a circle, gtfo
Im sure its much more fascinating now - Seek help for addiction
#FreeWuTang
Old 04-01-2021, 12:53 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The funny thing about p99 is that the vocal minority thinks every classic server was like this but it wasn't. There were a significant number of servers where everything was rotated, or there was only 1 top guild and the next guild down was not directly competitive. Raiding and competition as it is on p99 is nothing like it was in classic. Very little about blue or green is a "classic experience".
What's actually funny is people thinking you're going to get the same experience from 2000 when you put in players from 2020 in the game.

You are the least classic thing about p99. By far.
Old 04-01-2021, 01:50 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
90% of P99 raid encounters die in 30-45 seconds and involve spinning the target in a circle so they don't cast, so I sincerely have no idea what you are talking about. Maybe rooted ToV dragons have made things more interesting, I honestly don't care.

And yes, having a 24-hour tracking force also means you have other idiots who are willing to log in from a batphone call at 2am. I have seen some pretty spectacular training and DI tactics in my time raiding but the guild who tracks the hardest gets the most mobs, its always been that way. Its really sad and pathetic
You've got no idea what you're talking about, regardless of whether you care ot not, don't comment if you don't have a clue. Sit back down in the peanut gallery and go play another game if you can't understand things.
Closed Thread