Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 01:11 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zithax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
2. add gem drops to pofear
Gem drops seem too low in hate.

But maybe I'm remembering PoG gem drops.
Old 03-19-2010, 05:23 AM
Decaying Skeleton

You know… the problem with EQ was never the exp loss at death, the slow speed at which you leveled, the fact that it took hours of game time just to travel to far away locations and it seemed that the devs were just waiting to punch you in the sack around every corner.

The problem with EQ was “certain” people in high-end guilds had no desire to be part of a community and instead, worked to subvert the greater good for their own personal gain/validation.

The bottom line is: everyone that fits in the above category is scaring away potential new players, I can name at least 2 I know.

Krimzin, I can speak to you personally but this is not about you, it is about everyone who fits this stereotype (and if this is a personal attack, then so be it, but I am speaking the truth, because I was there). I ran with you in the old days, back when I was young and frankly, immature. We went from server to server trying to cock-block and make everyone else’s gaming experience as far as high-end content was concerned, a total nightmare. It is people like us that ruined EQ, and every other loser who has nothing ELSE in their life, who sits at their computer for 12-14 hours a day to cock-block and monopolize already limited content to prove to the whole world how frikin uber they are. Didn’t your mother ever teach you to share? When will it stop? Did it stop on Morell Thule? Did it stop on Vazaelle? KB? Sleeper? Now IV has moved to yet another server, this time EMULATED (all due to respect to the devs, you did an amazing job!) and you haven’t learned yet? It's been 10 YEARS…

The whole competition thing, yeah … I GOT IT, but hey, maybe we can act like we learned a thing or two in the intervening decade and all work together to share the content that is available.

Originally, and I would speak to 90% of the classic Everquest population and 90% of those on this server right now, EQ was a great community of people that came together to play an amazing game that at the time was, frankly, revolutionary. Most of us grew up reading fantasy novels or playing D&D and EQ was the first game to really provide us a playground to live out those personal fantasies in a real-time 3D environment. It was epic, immersive, and frankly, it moved people.

Everyone needs to grow-the %!^&-up and share. We all know there is limited content in EQ classic, wow, no surprise here. Perhaps try to ENJOY the game for what am amazing job the devs have done! Sit back, relax and take it all in. Because guess what, once Velious comes out and you have cruised through all the raid content in the first few weeks, you are going to get bored and quit anyways... biding your time until you can do the same thing all over again. Notice a pattern yet?

Yep, 1st post, but dude, it had to be said. (Oh, hi btw, are you the REAL Krimzin??)
Old 03-19-2010, 05:44 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xathik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You know… the problem with EQ was never the exp loss at death, the slow speed at which you leveled, the fact that it took hours of game time just to travel to far away locations and it seemed that the devs were just waiting to punch you in the sack around every corner.

The problem with EQ was “certain” people in high-end guilds had no desire to be part of a community and instead, worked to subvert the greater good for their own personal gain/validation.

The bottom line is: everyone that fits in the above category is scaring away potential new players, I can name at least 2 I know.

Krimzin, I can speak to you personally but this is not about you, it is about everyone who fits this stereotype (and if this is a personal attack, then so be it, but I am speaking the truth, because I was there). I ran with you in the old days, back when I was young and frankly, immature. We went from server to server trying to cock-block and make everyone else’s gaming experience as far as high-end content was concerned, a total nightmare. It is people like us that ruined EQ, and every other loser who has nothing ELSE in their life, who sits at their computer for 12-14 hours a day to cock-block and monopolize already limited content to prove to the whole world how frikin uber they are. Didn’t your mother ever teach you to share? When will it stop? Did it stop on Morell Thule? Did it stop on Vazaelle? KB? Sleeper? Now IV has moved to yet another server, this time EMULATED (all due to respect to the devs, you did an amazing job!) and you haven’t learned yet? It's been 10 YEARS…

The whole competition thing, yeah … I GOT IT, but hey, maybe we can act like we learned a thing or two in the intervening decade and all work together to share the content that is available.

Originally, and I would speak to 90% of the classic Everquest population and 90% of those on this server right now, EQ was a great community of people that came together to play an amazing game that at the time was, frankly, revolutionary. Most of us grew up reading fantasy novels or playing D&D and EQ was the first game to really provide us a playground to live out those personal fantasies in a real-time 3D environment. It was epic, immersive, and frankly, it moved people.

Everyone needs to grow-the %!^&-up and share. We all know there is limited content in EQ classic, wow, no surprise here. Perhaps try to ENJOY the game for what am amazing job the devs have done! Sit back, relax and take it all in. Because guess what, once Velious comes out and you have cruised through all the raid content in the first few weeks, you are going to get bored and quit anyways... biding your time until you can do the same thing all over again. Notice a pattern yet?

Yep, 1st post, but dude, it had to be said. (Oh, hi btw, are you the REAL Krimzin??)
Thanks for turning this into a flame thread.

Let me start off by saying this: You are a fucking idiot.

I really don't get how dumbed down this argument needs to get before ignorant airhead dipshits like you will understand the very basic concepts at work. It's almost as if you purposely try to be a fucking idiot, for what reason(s) I do not know. No wait, I think I do, and now let me attempt to decipher what delusions plague you and others like you.

Do you think if this were a first person shooter, everyone would prefer to get a 1:1 kdr (thats one kill for one death, that means they are EQUAL, yes when two "things" are considered the "same", whether obviating particular facets or comparing overall, they are thusly "equal.") just because that would then mean all players received equal enjoyment? Fuck. No. That's absolutely not even how it works.

Everyone would be dissatisfied (read: unhappy) if such an environment like that was stated as the purpose of the game. No one would play that shit. Now, we get people who can't for whatever reason, compete on the same level of others that they admire, complaining that shit isn't "fair." Well no fucking shit, nothing is "fair" and I wouldn't expect it to be in a competitive video game (read: all video games are competitive you twit). Don't sit back and lecture someone about how they should enjoy a game, because with every 2:1 kdr there are more people with 1:2 kdr's. WINNERS and LOSERS, simply put.

Do us hardcore people go around posting that "casuals" are fucking our game up when we go to farm something for an alt or whatever reason and there's a group of lowbies there? No. Only assholes would. We leave and check in later. Wanna know why WoW is a big hit? Because everyone fucking wins. I guaran-fucking-TEE if there was a huge sticker on the front that read "everyone wins no one loses in this game, but hey its still fun! trust us!" it wouldn't have a quarter as many subs. Why? Because they thinly veil it as an MMORPG, one where you compete for items, money, power, etc. But once you get in game, nothing gives a real advantage over anything else. Once you realize this you realize how fucking terrible the game is. I want any ex-wow player to tell me I'm wrong and mean it, aka not lie to themselves, and I'll swallow my fucking words. I say this because it is impossible for the latter to be true.

Some people do have fun being casual. That's great, I wish them the best. Some people have fun being hardcore. That's great, I wish them the best too. Some people don't mind taking four months to level 1-50. Some people can't stand not racing to the top, no matter what. The latter is the majority case; those who can't measure up are the ones who thrust themselves into denial and get vocal on forums about it; blaming everything but themselves. You don't see johnny casual coming in here and complaining, you see johnny-secretly-wants-to-be-awesome come in here and complain about fuck all. You know what? Fuck him.

In essence, get back into your pulpit of arrogant ignorance, and shut the fuck up.

Anybody else wants to diss me, krimz, or any other raider can suck a nut. I'm tired of you faggots shitting up forums. WAH WAH, I FUCKING SUCK SO I NEED DEVS HELP TO NOT SUCK. The very definition of favoritism, you demented fucks.

yes i'm mad.
Last edited by Zithax; 03-19-2010 at 05:57 AM..
Old 03-19-2010, 06:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzinIV [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How long do we see before hate becomes a 24/7 pug camp? Currently you have IB, Trans, Div, Fish Bait, In Virtue, and now Gothic Circle up there on a regular basis.

I dont really see this as a recipe for a fun server sticking 5+ Raid Capable guilds on a Classic only server.

This isnt a dig by any means at any of those guilds or the dev staff, more curious as to if the dev staff views this as an upcoming issue as well?
looks like u havent played eq in the early days eh? there is no solution except kunark
Old 03-19-2010, 06:40 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzinIV [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How long do we see before hate becomes a 24/7 pug camp? Currently you have IB, Trans, Div, Fish Bait, In Virtue, and now Gothic Circle up there on a regular basis.

I dont really see this as a recipe for a fun server sticking 5+ Raid Capable guilds on a Classic only server.

This isnt a dig by any means at any of those guilds or the dev staff, more curious as to if the dev staff views this as an upcoming issue as well?

----

Krimzin The Tactician
In-Virtue.com
lolwut?
Old 03-19-2010, 10:11 AM
Fire Giant

Send a message via AIM to Ferok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xathik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

It attracted this player.

If it weren't for high-end guild drama, this server wouldn't feel classic at all.
Old 03-19-2010, 10:16 AM
Large Bat

Raid Blackburrow
Old 03-19-2010, 10:28 AM
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via MSN to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zithax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

yes i'm mad.
And break the no flaming rules in the server chat forum again and you'll be banned from the forums.

That goes for Siinge, Hasbin & anyone else. Keep it in rants and flames or stop posting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilbog
If all the polls I have done up until now fully counted, you would be playing on some abomination of a PVP server with 2-10 boxing based on votes from people named xcm234nv and adfa234.
Old 03-19-2010, 10:37 AM
Kobold

What I like about this server is that progression is (very close to) classic, and I hope that the timeline will be too. The progression server on live was completely ruined by high end guilds blazing through content. The high end raiders on this server needs to understand, that they are - like on live - the minority. And even though they are a very vocal group, and overrepresented on these boards, I don't see why they should be catered to or given any special consideration in this regard.

Stay the course Devs!
Last edited by JaVeDK; 03-19-2010 at 10:42 AM..
Old 03-19-2010, 10:52 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaVeDK [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What I like about this server is that progression is (very close to) classic, and I hope that the timeline will be too. The progression server on live was completely ruined by high end guilds blazing through content. The high end raiders on this server needs to understand, that they are - like on live - the minority. And even though they are a very vocal group, and overrepresented on these boards, I don't see why they should be catered to or given any special consideration in this regard.

Stay the course Devs!
I don't really know what you're talking about. You're taking something and calling it something else. I'm not a high-end raider by any means. Currently I can log in, go farm something on the 50 mage, go do some rezzes on the 50 cleric, or....play my lvl 8 monk?

As a casual player I don't want to fight over spawns. As a casual player I don't want to deal with the drama that is IB, Trans, et al. But there's not a lot for me to do really. I'm not complaining. As I've said, I'm taking a hiatus and hopefully I'll want to come back when Kunark hits.

Nobody is asking to be catered to. Don't turn this into that type of thread.
Closed Thread