Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 09:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not pointing fingers but there was one definitely instance in which Asteroid tore a banshee off me...

I appreciate your attempt to stay objective. but please join mythoxxus in the "I don't point fingers" club
Old 03-22-2010, 10:27 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamaeso [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
hmm you para-phrased it wrong somehow you worked in higher caliber guilds but IB or Divinity were not there. Did I miss seeing them? All the rotting loots as far as I know one bp was looted by us. so let's stretch out the story and make sure you build yours up enough to make a sane argument everyone will accept.
Clearly high caliber if you think the pullers were hacking. Always nice to get some compliments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rize [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"After a night in PoHate I like to unwind by thanking the higher-caliber guilds for the loot by bashing them on the boards!"
HIGHER caliber, not high. Just saying higher than you. Difficult to understand simple english sometimes. Understandable.
Last edited by Rize; 03-22-2010 at 10:32 PM..
Old 03-22-2010, 11:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not pointing fingers but there was one definitely instance in which Asteroid tore a banshee off me..

How oh how did I ever miss this?

i·ro·ny
/ˈaɪ[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]ni, ˈaɪ[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]ər-/ [ahy-ruh-nee, ahy-er-] –noun,plural-nies.
1.the use of words to convey a meaning that is the opposite of its literal meaning: the irony of her reply, “How nice!” when I said I had to work all weekend.
Old 03-22-2010, 11:55 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbinbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

How oh how did I ever miss this?

i·ro·ny
/ˈaɪ[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]ni, ˈaɪ[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]ər-/ [ahy-ruh-nee, ahy-er-] –noun,plural-nies.
1.the use of words to convey a meaning that is the opposite of its literal meaning: the irony of her reply, “How nice!” when I said I had to work all weekend.
Really? When someone says "not to point fingers" as a preface to finger pointing, there is an implied notion that they are not attempting to assign blame with the subsequent finger pointing. I thought that was pretty clear, but if you guys really need me to... let me go ahead and re-word it for you...

Not to point fingers [since I'm not trying to start static, yet wish to provide the fine readers of this message board with an example of lasts night's events so as to better convey my message and assist with their understanding of my position], but...
Old 03-23-2010, 12:28 AM
Planar Protector

To point a finger means to single out - not to assign blame. Obviously singling out leads to assigning blame, but you can't skip the first part.

but seriously, I was just using that common oversight to poke fun at myth mostly. I really don't wish to begin an antagonistic argument over something so who-the-frick-cares
Last edited by Ektar; 03-23-2010 at 12:33 AM..
Old 03-23-2010, 12:35 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ektar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To point a finger means to single out - not to assign blame. Obviously singling out leads to assigning blame, but you can't skip the first part.
We really want to get into a flame war over the usage of common phrases? Semantics ftw.
Old 03-23-2010, 12:42 AM
Planar Protector

Like I just said, I don't want to get in a flame war. but you left out "ly misused" in "commonly misused phrases." Just because people commonly misuse it doesn't make it right...

But I'm stubborn and I ain't gonna let up if you keep trying to argue with me when I'm right =p
Old 03-23-2010, 01:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Not pointing fingers
I don't know how you meant this, but the obvious meaning is that while you do want to talk about the situation, you do not want to start drama by saying who caused the situation.
Quote:
there was one definitely instance in which Asteroid tore a banshee off me..
Then comes this. You actually point your finger at someone and actually blame them for "one definitely instance." I saw you try and say that you didn't do this, while you actually did.

Implied meaning of your words: Not naming names.
Actual meaning of your words: Naming names.
The implied meaning is at odds with the actual meaning. This is irony.

On a side note:
Quote:
but
I love this word. You can say ANYTHING before it, and after it, try to make it seem like you're not an asshole.
Old 03-23-2010, 01:10 AM
Kobold

This aggression will not stand man!
Old 03-23-2010, 02:12 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbinbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I love this word. You can say ANYTHING before it, and after it, try to make it seem like you're not an asshole.
I don't mean to sound like an asshole, BUT you're an asshole. Does that make me or you the asshole? This is so goddamn confusing.
Closed Thread