Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 01:35 PM
Sarnak

Default Sigh, I'm tired of getting the shits all the time

Not eating anything out of the ordinary.

Protein bar

Protein bar

Subway Turkey Sub

Protein Bar

Dinner (a burger or something)
Old 05-05-2010, 01:41 PM
Planar Protector

Try adding some fiber to all that protein man...
Old 05-05-2010, 01:42 PM
Planar Protector

Pretty obviously the Subway.
Old 05-05-2010, 01:44 PM
Sarnak

Isn't fiber the culprit? I'm on a 50/30/20 Prot/Carb/Fat diet of 1700-2000 calories a day. I usually have a turkey burg and egg beaters in the morn but too lazy lately and just have a bar.
Old 05-05-2010, 01:46 PM
Sarnak

Maybe you have an allergy like a gluten allergy or something and it's the bread on the sammiches. Maybe it's a dairy allergy with the whey protein or something in the bars. I don't know, i'm not a nutritionist but you might try a dietary elimination thing to try to find out if you can isolate what causes it.
Old 05-05-2010, 01:46 PM
Sarnak

Maybe, but damn, subway 2 diff locations? Only did this last 2 days for lunch.
Old 05-05-2010, 02:14 PM
Fire Giant

I'm no nutritionist, but I'd suggest maybe trying to get away from the protein bars. Those are good once and awhile to suppliment meals, but it's much healthier if the majority of your caloric intake is actual meals, and not meal suppliments. Also, the vast majority of people take WAY too much protein. I think the recommended daily intake of protein is something like 0.8-1.2g per KILOGRAM (not pound) of body weight (1.2 being recommended for atheles and highly active people). Unless you're trying to bulk up (which I can tell you're not since you're only eating 1700-2000cals a day), you really don't need all that much protein.

I know it sucks making meals and stuff, but I'd definitely give that a shot if the shits really both you. Also, hook it up with some fruits and veggies. I know they don't have a lot of nutrients in them according to the packaging, but the phytonutrients that aren't listed are important and help out with the old G.I. tract.
Old 05-05-2010, 02:25 PM
Sarnak

Well I'm on that p90x. They say based on my weight while on the program i should be eating 3000 calories a day and it being 50/30/20 for the first phase. I dont' want to bulk up and I feel comfortable with 1700-2000. I'm not going in to starvation mode I've lost 30lbs already. Just once in a while this happens. Can't explain why. I think it happens when I change something out of my routine. And recently I've gotten off my strict diet.

It used to be the same thign every day until dinner.

7:00 AM Turkey burg, egg beaters

10:00AM - Prot Bar

12:00PM Chicken Breast (sometimes 2), peas and carrots

3:00 PM - Prot Bar

5:00 PM Dinner (includes peas and carrots)

6:00 PM 45 min workout

7:00 PM Recovery Shake.

Now I've thrown in Subway and no limits really. Been slackin. But the weight is being held off just not losing anymore.
Old 05-05-2010, 02:29 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Try adding some fiber to all that protein man...
quoted for truth
Old 05-05-2010, 02:47 PM
Fire Giant

Are you drinking some nights? When I was a pretty heavy drinker I used to have the shits every morning big time. I've calmed down the drinking a lot and switched to a healthy diet, my shits have stabilized a lot.. (cept for those after-downtown-shits)

I noticed you sometimes only have 2 hour breaks between meals... you should really be having 3 hour breaks...

You are really massing the Protein too, and if you aren't bulking up, maybe calm down on that...

Probably up the carbs and fat, cut down a bit on the protein.. keep the high protein after work out but trade out the protein bars for nuts/fruits or nut & fruit bars..
Closed Thread