Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 09:12 PM
Large Rat

Default Mages these days... cont'd

Benjy sat in on our camp in Lguk and KSed us repeatedly. He was dead, we were all at the camp before him, he got back and decided he had rights to the camp. We called 2 camp checks over 10 minutes, no response to either. He claims Ghordo was at the camp sneaking, but regardless, we got 6 people all the way out to Lguk to do ass/sup. Then this guy comes back and thinks he owns it. We eventually left. I have at least 5 other witnesses if this guy claims otherwise. I've heard he is a good guy from a guildie of his, hopefully this was just a friend on his account :P
Old 05-06-2010, 09:18 PM
Large Rat

Just so there is no debate about it not being against the rules or what not, I have read the rules a few times since I decided to give up with Benjy, my group was in fact entitled to the camp.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:43 PM
Aviak

Send a message via AIM to LevinJ
Default Benjy's side of the story

This is Benjy, the asshole magi.

I was camping Ass/sup with Ghordo, 49 rogue in need of mask. I was semi-afk between spawns. I missed the cc if it happened, but both Ghordo and Stomp (my guildmate) tell me they responded to CC on my behalf. When I saw a /shout from Marley that he was moving group to Ass/sup, I /tell'ed him that I was camping it. While in dialogue with them, i messed up a pull in savant room and died. Ghordo remained sitting in ass/sup, answering CC's, and the room was fully cleared. I respawned at top of guk (where bound) and ran right back down. While looting my corpse in ass room (room still cleared) Swisha's group arrived and declared they owned the room.

They claimed no one responded to CC and that the rules "clearly state" that if someone doesn't respond to cc, they lose the camp even if they are present in it and keeping it clear. I informed them that I didn't accept that interpretation of the rules and would not leave the camp. Stomp and Ghordo both told them they had responded to CC's, as well.

I offered to give them every drop that I didn't need (including offering a serrated bone dirk to the rogue no charge) and I offered to help them break any uncamped room in guk that they could hold. I offered any fair resolution I could think of. The response was name calling, insults, threats of me being banned from game, reputation threats, and repeated KS attempts (unsuccessful). Some members of their group decided to leave rather than be involved. Others sent me /tell saying they just wanted exp and did not agree with Swisha, the group leader. Swisha and Ecstacy were the mouths of the group who refused to back down.

I maintained my offer to them of an amicable solution. They informed me they would rather /destroy any loot that dropped than let me have it. In the end they decided to leave the camp when they realized they could not KS me. Every member of the group except Swisha and Ecstacy sent me a /tell apologizing for Swisha's behavior. I am still at the camp now. In /tell I instructed their cleric how to get the group to Sage room, which my guildie Stomp offered to let them have. I have since given one member the supplier bag that dropped and promised them first dibs on all assassin masks after Ghordo gets his, along with any more bags that drop since we don't need them. I would still be happy to help them break any other room, as I have done for many other groups in Lguk upon request.

- Benjy 49 Mage <Europa>
Old 05-06-2010, 09:46 PM
Aviak

That was a long post. Cliff notes:
- Swisha says I lost the camp because I didnt respond to CC, even though guildies responded for me and I had room occupied/cleared.
- Swisha moves group in, tries to KS.
- I offer friendly resolution, including giving them all masks/bags and helping them break another room.
- They prefer name calling, threats.
- They eventually give up on KSing me, move on. I help group find new camp spot and give them loots.
- Most group members apologize to me. Swisha still mad.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:46 PM
Large Rat

Lol if you are going to sit here and straight up lie, then I don't know why I made this post. Whatever big man, you win.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:52 PM
Large Rat

Okay this is the last thing I'll say in this thread.
Quote:
- They eventually give up on KSing me, move on. I help group find new camp spot and give them loots.
Us KSing you? Dude, we did not get experience for any mobs you attacked. We even made the clear point to you that how could have attacked you first if our enchanters pet is on it?

Quote:
- Most group members apologize to me. Swisha still mad.
Get one of them to back that up. Blatant lie, our entire group was raging on you.

Lastly, we followed all rules, if you can't play by the rules, then you don't need to be here. Guess the only people who can bring some justice to this is the GMs.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:55 PM
Aviak

Also as a follow up... while Swisha is here making this post his group just wiped in Savant room trying to pull exe up. I am in the process of telling his bard why pulling exe upstairs doesn't work due to pathing and offering help CR'ing.
Old 05-06-2010, 10:02 PM
Planar Protector

I'm not sure which of you I believe and I'm not sure what's in it for me.
Old 05-06-2010, 10:03 PM
Aviak

Karma Swish? Like rolling over someone camping a spawn and saying no big deal?
Old 05-06-2010, 10:06 PM
Large Rat

Lol shall I really post the screenshots of you FDing 6 mobs on our group Shamaeso?