Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2020, 03:31 PM
Sarnak

Both systems are 'fair', really. I don't see anything wrong with the idea that if you show up to help with a kill you get a shot at loot if you go in knowing how the system is setup. They even reward level 55+ (/rand 100/1000) and 60's (/rand 200/1000) with roll bonuses to help encourage people to keep leveling. They reward trackers with bonuses as well for going the extra mile to help out, and have people choose 2-3 pieces of HoT loot that they want to prioritize and roll on each week so not everyone is rolling on everything. It's a great system for casual and not-quite-hardcore players that can't commit to bat phones or the RA requirements of some other guilds. The leader being a family man himself, I'm not surprised the system appealed to him as he knows there's people out there that would like to occasionally get some good loot while still maintaining a demanding family or work life. You also have to remember it wasn't a system designed for consistently getting the most end game loot as that's not TSS's primary goal. What we witnessed during the raid ban was a unique situation for TSS, and I'm certain that some people weren't happy with the system, but it was only a temporary thing for TSS to be getting shots at those mobs and they tried to stay in line with what the guild already had established for loot policy.

If you want a system that rewards you strictly for the amount of accumulated time you put in then DKP is a better option hands down. It also allows you to pick and choose what you consider priority loot and work towards it in a more straight-forward fashion; save your points. Naturally, both systems have their perceived flaws. I'm sure that main 60 WAR that just lost a DKP bid to someone's 50 WAR alt feels a similar way as a 60 in TSS's losing a bonused /random to a 52 - TSS has level requirements for most loot, but they are generous. In the end both systems are meant to reward people for showing up, but in different ways.

This is obviously a general overview and doesn't take into account every situation. The systems are really apples and oranges, but it's great that the server provides a situation where you get to decide for yourself which one works better for your current situation and you're not locked into just one.
Old 12-04-2020, 04:55 PM
Sarnak

I wasn't really criticizing /ran all that much. My dice are typically bad, so I like the ability to be able to bank some DKP and then spend it at a time of my choosing. But I don't mind randoming for stuff, either. TSS's system works for them, so that's great! they're a good bunch of folks, I enjoyed working with them during the raid ban (I did before, and still do after also!)
Old 12-04-2020, 05:31 PM
Large Rat

TSS's main problem is its leader, Khaall. Many people have problems with the way he runs the guild, he is very controlling and often absent, having little idea of what is going on day to day at times. People have always come and gone there, but when 5-6 of your senior officers leave and a lot of the members, something is really not right. More to it then just 'people moving on, it's normal, nothing to see here'.
Old 12-04-2020, 06:55 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wokka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
TSS's main problem is its leader, Khaall. Many people have problems with the way he runs the guild, he is very controlling and often absent, having little idea of what is going on day to day at times. People have always come and gone there, but when 5-6 of your senior officers leave and a lot of the members, something is really not right. More to it then just 'people moving on, it's normal, nothing to see here'.
I can't speak as to his leadership style, but all the former TSS folks I spoke to cited wanting to get bigger stuff/loot, or that they didn't like that level 52+ were allowed to roll on certain higher end items. I was told the Axiom folks left for a similar reason to what you described, but I have no first hand knowledge of that nor have I spoken with any of them or care to investigate further. No guild is free from the grips of strong opinions and guild drama, I suppose, and I'm sure others will step up to fill any void considering their size. From what I know they still have at least 6-7 officers. That aside, the correct response to the OP is that TSS is not gone, and they are still fielding the numbers needed to do what they've been doing as far as I can tell.
Old 12-04-2020, 07:23 PM
Sarnak

TSS aint going anywhere [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] People move on. People want different loot systems. We have nothing but good luck and hopes for Axiom and our friend there in the future. I have had a baby recently, and also some personal things over the last few weeks so i havent been able to invest as much time to my online friends as id like. If you guys think TSS will be the only guild with splinter guild arising with the only requirement being to Kill Vindi to join in on future server drafts your kidding your selves.

Of course TSS loot system isnt based around clearing ToV uncontested for weeks on end in a few month period. I was personally leading not all, but almost every raid that TSS did both during the suspensions and, and almost constantly for the 4 years before.

I am principally stubborn, as I want to keep my ideals on the guilds core value more in the foreground than completely changing a years old system to accommodate a few weeks of suspensions out of the year. I started the guild with an atmosphere in mind, and it was about having fun.

When it came to new things like City leader heads and things like that, we had a guild wide vote on the policies that were liked and went with those. Sounds odd for a "controlling and absent" leader to allow every member of the guild to give input and vote on new loot policies.

Yes our loot system is a lot less requirements, and attendance tracking over a long time and more about rewarding those who are there at the moment for that raid. It is no where near a full on /random to everyone, with many opportunities to increase your chance at winning certain items your after.

You can get all the way up 750 out 1000 modifier, and only roll against people who are are as progressed as you on epic/quest items. You can get bonus based on your level, tracking, and even being part of FTE on successful kills. Every system has its up's and down's in many different ways.

There are several other variants of DKP guilds that all follow the same basic set up. We will continue to make changes and improvements to the system we have but its values of fun, friendship and progressing on whatever goal is ahead of us will always be first.

TSS has ebbed and flowed with the server for close to four years, we have had our mistakes, our drama, our growing pains. Mostly we have had a lot of fun along the way. I dont expect to make everyone happy forever, however Khaall and <The Second Sons> arent going anywhere, anytime soon.
[57 Ranger] Breeann (Wood-Elf) <The Second Sons>
[40 Enchanter] Mellisandra (Human) <The Second Sons>
Old 12-04-2020, 08:16 PM
Sarnak

Was nice that Riot was willing to take you along for their Vulak kill. And is now even willing to take care of some of your members.
Old 12-04-2020, 08:54 PM
Sarnak

You're right! It was nice and thats what we need more on this server, unity and a focus on friendship
Old 12-04-2020, 09:00 PM
Sarnak

Khal Drogo having a child that survives is not GoT canon.
This is probably not the real Khal Drogo.
Just sayin.
Old 12-06-2020, 09:57 PM
Large Rat

Khaall was always good at spinning his rhetoric, and making it out like he was the good guy. Most of the people on the server know what you are like Khaall. Those that don't will find out soon enough. One thing is for certain, your guild will never progress with you in charge.
Old 12-06-2020, 10:08 PM
Planar Protector

I'll take famous rapists for 100, Ken
Closed Thread