Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2021, 02:51 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaall Drogo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Again, you guys like to assume an awful lot. You worded at you had "2500 races" I did not think when you mentioned this you were considering your practice runs against no one "racing for statue"

What is your practice to actual race ratio then? Seeming how you want to try and deflect by acting like you have more experience. I just ran a statue run on a test server i help run for P99 and got 97 seconds, was like my 3rd time ever doing it.

Even if you spent only 2 minute on each "race" of 2500 that 5000 minutes of your life you spent practicing "racing" for velious mobs in 2021.

Cringe and act like your level of knowledge is unreachable. Fine by me.

If you would like you can come on OUR test server right now and beat our best leader board race of 93 seconds for Statue. I helped set this practice server up so <ST> and <TSS> could use it, not because I had a desire to win some trivial race, but to help some people out who im friends with, and have fun.

Cheers.

Listen im not trying to brag, or make anyone else feel bad. Im saying we arent cheating, we are spending hours a week practicing on test server. You are taking other peoples comments and using them against me. I just said he practice, and said how much we practice. We have a small group of racers who have FUN racing and consider the competition to be between each other. We have more fun racing on test server than we do sitting afk at idol camps. Im sure you can understand

I'd be glad to hop on you're test server, just hit me with the info.
Specialty - 60 Bard
Seized - 59 Cleric
Old 08-27-2021, 02:56 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Also i've never used the word cringe towards anyone on this thread.
Specialty - 60 Bard
Seized - 59 Cleric
Old 08-27-2021, 03:20 AM
Sarnak

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-27-2021, 03:40 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Va1entines [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Listen im not trying to brag, or make anyone else feel bad. Im saying we arent cheating, we are spending hours a week practicing on test server. You are taking other peoples comments and using them against me. I just said he practice, and said how much we practice. We have a small group of racers who have FUN racing and consider the competition to be between each other. We have more fun racing on test server than we do sitting afk at idol camps. Im sure you can understand

I'd be glad to hop on you're test server, just hit me with the info.
Heh i honestly only said something because I read it as you saying you raced for 2500, not practice. 2500 practices doesnt seem crazy with the length of the windows on p99 it would make since to have plenty of time to practice while waiting for spawns.

I did throw the cringe out in response to others so fair enough there, however you did try to make it seem like the reason other guilds on the server dont "compete" because they arent smart enough to figure out basic things, like practicing on a test server. I understand having a group of friends attempting to beat each other for fun, and also getting better in the process! That i can get behind 100%

Sent ya a DM with insructions on getting imported into our test server to top try and top the leaderboard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[57 Ranger] Breeann (Wood-Elf) <The Second Sons>
[40 Enchanter] Mellisandra (Human) <The Second Sons>
Old 08-27-2021, 03:41 AM
Banned

Look guys, we literally can't provide a better blueprint on how to be competitive and successful. All it takes is some effort on your part instead of the constant complaining in order to get the server rules changed towards your benefit.

Just Try. We want you to succeed.

Sincerely,

Everyone who loves competition
Old 08-27-2021, 04:09 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaall Drogo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I did throw the cringe out in response to others so fair enough there, however you did try to make it seem like the reason other guilds on the server dont "compete" because they arent smart enough to figure out basic things, like practicing on a test server. I understand having a group of friends attempting to beat each other for fun, and also getting better in the process! That i can get behind 100%
Fair enough, I didnt come across very kind with that statement. Apologies [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Looking forward to giving a whirl at your test server, looks neat!
Specialty - 60 Bard
Seized - 59 Cleric
Old 08-27-2021, 05:00 AM
Kobold

Another idea I just thought of to make racing more competitive is a handicap system similar to golf. Your best race time is used to calculate your handicap which is how far up past the race line you get to start.
Old 08-27-2021, 05:22 AM
Kobold

Actually I just did some research and in real racing they handicap the fastest by slowing them down, not giving the slower a head start.

If any vanqs wanna see how much coppper we need to add per decisecond of race hit me up and we can work this system out.
Old 08-27-2021, 07:53 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
I dont know just going off the youtube video of Furoar FTE it takes 2-3 minutes to run up, figured would take another 2 to run it back down. Then add in some #zone commands and just normal time zoning, logging in, normal time spend doing thing. I dont think 10 minute per practice is insane. Lets call it 5 minutes per practice. Still an absurdly large amount to claim to have raced for. *shrug i got no horses in the race and dont claim to know about racing for statue or give a shit about being "revealed" lol
Glad TSS got an opinion on Karl races when they were being implemented. Clear evidence your guild has literally no idea what the fuck they're talking about LOL
Old 08-27-2021, 09:11 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tracker FTE is an outdated relic of days gone by. However, a GM wouldn't just be able to say "Tracker FTE concedes are no longer a thing" because than suddenly the Meta is camp your entire raid at targets. So then the change would become wordy, and have a bunch of different stipulations, and ends up being a hassle.

Maybe, If you accidentally FTE a mob, where it would have no obvious benefit to your guild to FTE at that time, you may call accidental and wipe it clean. But already we're operating on good faith.. so it's a little complicated.

Tracker FTE concedes are really fuckin dumb though. Imagine losing a mob for your whole guild because you forgot where your toon was camped out at last week.
don't forget where your toons are camped out, then. tracker FTE is a good rule because it's a bright line test which is easy to implement and enforce: were you over the race line when the mob spawned, and got FTE? So sad too bad, you must concede. I'm sure that if we blurred that line, we wouldn't start to see frequent Vanq. "accidental" tracker FTE's that interrupt other guilds going for mobs.

Along the same lines, trying to remove the 2 tracker limit is dumb, because it turns any coth required raid (e.g.: a lot of encounters) into a contest of who can park the most mages. Vanq. already using 3 mages at Vulak for several weeks running, i guess it's obvious why you'd want this: because you assess that you'd be able to park more mages and/or counting to 2 is vry hrd.

You mention "good faith" but from where I sit, pretty much no one puts any stock in Vanq. operating in good faith - your leaders and other public facing people frequently demonstrate that you have none. To this point - yes, people are skeptical and/or against the idea because of who proposed it. Detoxx has a long history of being awful, and Vanq. has spent the last year demonstrating repeatedly that it will not operate in good faith.
Closed Thread