Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2015, 10:00 PM
Fire Giant

Default 10 Ring War Bugs

BDA did a ring war tonight and there were a few bugs- I assume they are generally known about by staff, and it is not my intention to waste your time with stuff you already know about, but I thought for the sake of being thorough and definite it would be helpful for a thread to be made since as far as I know this is the first ring war attempt since the big patch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So root/snare stacking was relatively helpful. Giants are still falling under the world like crazy though, we had about 6 or so fall though, Sirken moved a few and some of the others we used a Bard to highsun once he got summoned.

Giants are completely ignoring tanks in wave 3 though. We eventually lost when mobs were too resistant to get CCed, and refused to stop once engaged by a tank.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kekephee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would go further than "ignoring" and say they were actively dropping aggro to go run. I personally grabbed aggro on a couple of them to stop them running, they wailed on me for a few seconds, then just kept running as if I'd dropped my hate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have video of this from tonight and will post it in any bug thread you guys choose to create.

Every song I play is actually just me screaming the 1812 Overture in a raspy, shrieking falsetto.
Old 09-26-2015, 12:07 AM
Planar Protector

Losing aggro on the 3rd wave - I turned spell effects off due to lag so I'm not sure, but I think the only reason they're stopping is due to root landing in some cases.

Final rush from the 3rd wave, ring war failure - Now in HD!

Going over the second video again, I see that the High Priest of Zek I went past was chasing someone who had aggroed it, but the Kromrif Veterans are not acting the same way at all. It may be a very specific issue with the veterans. I'll go over the rest of the video I took to see if I notice anything else.

Edit: After the loss, I went into Thurgadin and found people slaughtering the slaughtered Coldain, who would get up and fight back if you didn't kill them in one hit. Is this classic?

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Last edited by Sorn; 09-26-2015 at 12:13 AM..
Old 09-26-2015, 12:25 AM
Planar Protector

After going over the video, the high priest is the only one behaving normally. When rooted, he faces the nearest person he wants to kill like a regular mob, but the veterans stay pointed in the direction they were headed and the moment root breaks, they're off without caring who is underfoot.

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Old 09-26-2015, 01:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackattack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What about the part where Dain is spawning after failed ring war. Free Dain every 2 hours.
That's also probably a bug (right?)
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Old 09-26-2015, 01:59 AM
Sarnak

Yeah that shouldn't be happening. One of the dev's commented it needs to be changed in another thread
Old 09-26-2015, 04:44 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sallan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah that shouldn't be happening. One of the dev's commented it needs to be changed in another thread
http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...5&postcount=31
Old 10-13-2015, 03:58 PM
Banned

bump, dain still spawning from failed ring 10
Old 10-13-2015, 04:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colgate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
bump, dain still spawning from failed ring 10
I'm not so sure this is a bug.

Dain was spawnable via the Shawl quest when it was added in 2002.

I wouldn't be at all shocked if the entire zone repopping included Dain. I could probably go kill Dain and then fail a ring war on live and see what happens I guess.
Old 10-13-2015, 04:21 PM
Banned

does he get chain spawned/killed on blue?
Old 10-13-2015, 04:28 PM
Planar Protector

Nope, not really that viable on blue.

1. It kills Thurgadin and Icewell for 2 hours. This makes people disgruntled and being extremely disliked on a small server isn't good for a guild.
2. When it kills Thurgadin everyone knows what's about to go down. IE every guild has 2 hours to mobilize and prepare for Dain. Leading to train clusterfucks and many people being sad.
3. Dain faction hits aren't favorable for many people and the hardcorest guild already raids enough as is, his loot isn't tasty enough to draw them into spawning it every 3 days instead of every 7.

On blue there have been 2 failed ring wars thus far. The 2nd had three guilds set up for Dain when he spawned. It got messy.

It's not worth the trouble for 1 Dain head and some crap loot. It's an okay concellation prize for failing the war I suppose. Would really prefer a winnable war though. The aggro mechanics and falling through the world was a problem during every single one I ran on beta but unfortunately we couldn't do them frequently enough for devs to continue to test fixes, thus we have our broken war.
Closed Thread