Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2019, 05:46 PM
Planar Protector

Red would need a better foot hold in the main continent, antonica. Theyd have to be able to use grobb for all red activities like no faction issues in any red cities and no faction issues in any blue cities.

And can start at city of their choice. with relevant spell merchants and random guild leaders added?

Otherwise too much of red team population too far away from the meat and bones of the vanilla world which is lguk CT and entrance to planes and stuff.

I can't remember if everyone got to start at freeport? the scheme for the nilbog map was pretty robust.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 10-28-2019, 05:58 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Red would need a better foot hold in the main continent, antonica. Theyd have to be able to use grobb for all red activities like no faction issues in any red cities and no faction issues in any blue cities.

And can start at city of their choice. with relevant spell merchants and random guild leaders added?

Otherwise too much of red team population too far away from the meat and bones of the vanilla world which is lguk CT and entrance to planes and stuff.

I can't remember if everyone got to start at freeport? the scheme for the nilbog map was pretty robust.
All team cities would have to be friendly toward their own team and perma kos to opposing teams with no way of gaining faction. Faction could still be gained with other random groups to help facilitate pvp and give players somewhat of a sanctuary behind enemy lines. Such as Runnyeye faction (banker, merchant in there?) Mistmoore faction, Solusek A, Highkeep etc. "Safe havens" could be made if the player puts forth the necessary faction work... but it may be hard to do if that faction work means leveling in the wrong territory.
Old 10-28-2019, 06:51 PM
Planar Protector

Agreedna banknin castle.MM sounds epic 10x
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 10-28-2019, 07:39 PM
Planar Protector

yall gettin into never gonna happen territory real quick

dont get me wrong i think itd be cool but simpler is better if we're holding our breath on this
Old 10-28-2019, 07:58 PM
Fire Giant

Gustoo my dude I love your enthusiasm but you make a TON of posts mostly about overly convuluted concepts and ideas that will literally never happen.
Old 10-28-2019, 08:14 PM
Planar Protector

Thanks for keeping me in check bro, I will try to keep it a little more tight laced to keep mine and bristlebanes rep in top condition.

I'm just trying to keep people posting about pvp concepts.

Nilbog had a pretty elaborate ruleset associated with the map everyone is looking at right now and the custom changes people are talking about here are things that I know that staff have actually theoryquested about.

I'm confident that something will happen and that if the better ideas come to the surface whatever comes up these discussions will have a positive influence on it.

Today I feel that the community discovered that if there is no item loot, there should be no pvp level range, and hard coded teams. Since pre max level is trash can anyways without item loot, that mechanic should be embraced and integrated to the design of the pvp system.

I still think an actual classic emulator rallos zek item loot server would be ideal but even my enthusiasm for it is waning because of the fear of hyper low population.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 10-28-2019, 08:15 PM
Planar Protector

classic red, +/- 4 level range, only raid LNS, no personal LNS because its too hard to enforce in every zone at launch. just be a caster or monk at first tbh. protect your warr friends

if its teams just do one of the turnkey models from sullon or tallon/vallon. or something simple like removing deity restrictions all around on sz rules

itll work. probably
Old 10-29-2019, 01:26 PM
Banned

Guildwar working on green would be classic

Ez one
Old 10-29-2019, 01:32 PM
Sarnak

well if there was a guild war men of odus would be the first wiped off the face of norrath with 0 bards or sow
Old 10-29-2019, 01:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yall gettin into never gonna happen territory real quick

dont get me wrong i think itd be cool but simpler is better if we're holding our breath on this
Lold
Closed Thread