Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 05-24-2021, 09:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
owners, because we used to believe we didn't want everyone around us to be serfs.
Actually, one could argue that debt incumbent homeowner don't go on strike.

Home ownership is very high in north America but average everywhere else because for what people say it is, it's not the safest investment you can make.

The problem with housing is that it is a necessity.
A lot like healthcare, it should have no business trying to make a profit.

Because look, I know I'm stupid and a fucking leftist but being a homeowner is not a job. Furthermore, if you rent your house to someone, you don't provide him with a house, he is providing you with one. (If we take the homeowners who wait for rent to pay the mortgage)

I just realized the USA rank very fucking low on homeownership charts lol. Last time I checked was so long ago, shit changed and so my pinion must also change.
Last edited by Byue; 05-24-2021 at 09:10 PM..
Old 05-24-2021, 09:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Actually, one could argue that debt incumbent homeowner don't go on strike.

Home ownership is very high in north America but average everywhere else because for what people say it is, it's not the safest investment you can make.

The problem with housing is that it is a necessity.
A lot like healthcare, it should have no business trying to make a profit.

Because look, I know I'm stupid and a fucking leftist but being a homeowner is not a job. Furthermore, if you rent your house to someone, you don't provide him with a house, he is providing you with one. (If we take the homeowners who wait for rent to pay the mortgage)
Correct, but homes require continuous investment and service personal which accomplish related tasks. Would they then be government workers? Plus, USSRs housing solution, with a careful consideration to avoid "western decadence" was more abhorrent than their cars. Why is my government house so much shittier looking than that guy's?! *Points at Zuckerberg*
Old 05-24-2021, 09:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwaihir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Correct, but homes require continuous investment and service personal which accomplish related tasks. Would they then be government workers? Plus, USSRs housing solution, with a careful consideration to avoid "western decadence" was more abhorrent than their cars. Why is my government house so much shittier looking than that guy's?! *Points at Zuckerberg*
yes well, look, I don't point out Liberia to point out everything that doesn't go quite right with capitalism so it would be nice if Russia wasn't an example of what shit can be because capitalism can be great, but it can also mean you are the woman being enslaved and trafficked for sex so it has ups, and it has downs, we learned to live with the ups and avoid the downs is all.

plus, a political theory derived from Karl Marx, advocating class war and leading to a society in which all property is publicly owned and each person works and is paid according to their abilities and needs. is debatable, but not an entirely bad idea at face value.

Notwithstanding this, if you take a wealthy capitalist society under a president, say Kennedy and that president starts an open arm race, knowing full well the soviets will have to take funding from social project to fund the military and ultimately collapse under that weight, you obviously get shitty houses but are we talking about your new house in Siberia or the housing situation in the USA?

I merely said that housing is a tough topic because everyone absolutely need one of those.

And seriously, who can disagree that a homeowner waiting for rent to pay mortgage is not offering any services, we provide him/her with a free house she can collect from one day. Let's also evidently take away the homeowners who don't need your rent to pay the mortgage, those are either people like you and me, or big landlord like the Koch brothers, or ted turner and shit.

I didn't even go in the good or bad, it's just evidently happening.
Homeowners thinking they do a job or provide a service.

Also the continual investment you mentioned is why houses aren't the best investment you can make.
They are not bad but can be full of surprises, especially if you end up renting it.
Last edited by Byue; 05-24-2021 at 09:28 PM..
Old 05-24-2021, 09:38 PM
Planar Protector

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yes well, look, I don't point out Liberia to point out everything that doesn't go quite right with capitalism so it would be nice if Russia wasn't an example of what shit can be because capitalism can be great, but it can also mean you are the woman being enslaved and trafficked for sex so it has ups, and it has downs, we learned to live with the ups and avoid the downs is all.

plus, a political theory derived from Karl Marx, advocating class war and leading to a society in which all property is publicly owned and each person works and is paid according to their abilities and needs. is debatable, but not an entirely bad idea at face value.

Notwithstanding this, if you take a wealthy capitalist society under a president, say Kennedy and that president starts an open arm race, knowing full well the soviets will have to take funding from social project to fund the military and ultimately collapse under that weight, you obviously get shitty houses but are we talking about your new house in Siberia or the housing situation in the USA?

I merely said that housing is a tough topic because everyone absolutely need one of those.

And seriously, who can disagree that a homeowner waiting for rent to pay mortgage is not offering any services, we provide him/her with a free house she can collect from one day. Let's also evidently take away the homeowners who don't need your rent to pay the mortgage, those are either people like you and me, or big landlord like the Koch brothers, or ted turner and shit.

I didn't even go in the good or bad, it's just evidently happening.
Homeowners thinking they do a job or provide a service.

Also the continual investment you mentioned is why houses aren't the best investment you can make.
They are not bad but can be full of surprises, especially if you end up renting it.
Buying a 2nd house as a rental property increases the amount of housing available in the local market. It would otherwise sit unsold and noone could extract any utility from it.
Old 05-24-2021, 09:45 PM
Banned

Private home ownership is fine, if the government would let the bubble pop. A housing market in congruence with 5 years of the median (not mean) earners income would be doable. Do some historical income[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]rice ratio research. You'd be surprised on just how much it's changed.

In 2007/8/9 the government and banks bought up a ton of housing inventory, and in many cases are still sitting with it on the books, to this day due to the effect it would have on the real estate market if they released it.

Likewise, China has entire cities is doesn't even use.
Old 05-24-2021, 09:47 PM
Banned

Trumptard here, I bought my home with a FHA loan requiring only the 3.5% down. It’s 1400 sq feet 4 bed 2 bath and it was 215k when I bought it

I live in AZ which hasn’t been ruined by democrat policies. CA right next to us has been however. This means that tens of thousands of people from CA are migrating to my state

They are selling the tiny aluminum toolshed they lived in in CA for 500,000 and taking that and buying a 2 story 1800 sq foot 5 bed 2 bath home in az for the same price

Because of this rush, the value of homes, especially in my area which believe it or not is a nice part of town and not a trailer park as some on this forum believe, have gone way up

In the last year alone, my home has gone up from 215k to now 350k Zillow estimate

When I first bought it my mortgage was 1200/mo which I could not afford in my own. I first had a co-worker roommate paying 500/mo inc utilities (yeah I give good deals), and when he got a home with his gf then my cousin, his gf, and their kid moved in and started paying me 700/mo rent incl utilities

What was killing me was the mortgage insurance. $200/mo just being flushed down the toilet. So I refinanced with Rocket after I had put 20% down and got my monthly to 900/mo. Now I can afford to live on my own, just me and my cat and 3 rooms to store my stuff

Sorry ya’ll live in democrat cities. Don’t migrate to mine or if you do, don’t bring your failed politics with you
Old 05-24-2021, 09:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Trumptard here, I bought my home with a FHA loan requiring only the 3.5% down. It’s 1400 sq feet 4 bed 2 bath and it was 215k when I bought it

I live in AZ which hasn’t been ruined by democrat policies. CA right next to us has been however. This means that tens of thousands of people from CA are migrating to my state

They are selling the tiny aluminum toolshed they lived in in CA for 500,000 and taking that and buying a 2 story 1800 sq foot 5 bed 2 bath home in az for the same price

Because of this rush, the value of homes, especially in my area which believe it or not is a nice part of town and not a trailer park as some on this forum believe, have gone way up

In the last year alone, my home has gone up from 215k to now 350k Zillow estimate

When I first bought it my mortgage was 1200/mo which I could not afford in my own. I first had a co-worker roommate paying 500/mo inc utilities (yeah I give good deals), and when he got a home with his gf then my cousin, his gf, and their kid moved in and started paying me 700/mo rent incl utilities

What was killing me was the mortgage insurance. $200/mo just being flushed down the toilet. So I refinanced with Rocket after I had put 20% down and got my monthly to 900/mo. Now I can afford to live on my own, just me and my cat and 3 rooms to store my stuff

Sorry ya’ll live in democrat cities. Don’t migrate to mine or if you do, don’t bring your failed politics with you
Yeah. Wife talks about AZ or UT, but I'm thinking Montana. I want to grow white oak and black walnut for a long term investment in high value timber. The walnut would take 30 years; a retirement bloom bequeathed to my wife who, let's be real, will probably outlive me. The white oak will take 70; an inheritance for the grandchildren
Last edited by Gwaihir; 05-24-2021 at 09:57 PM..
Old 05-24-2021, 09:57 PM
Planar Protector

Failed politics are successfully taking over the whole country, Trump retard is an accurate description.
Old 05-24-2021, 10:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwaihir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah. Wife talks about AZ or UT, but I'm thinking Montana. I want to grow white oak and black walnut for a long term investment in high value timber. The walnut would take 30 years; a retirement bloom bequeathed to my wife who, let's be real, will probably outlive me. The white oak will take 70; an inheritance for the grandchildren
Montana sounds nice. I’m the outdoorsy type so I would like it there too

Summers are brutal in az. It’s our one big negative. Rest of the year weather is perfect, only gets down to like 60 degrees in the winter. But summers it’s 115-118. So hot when I jog outside I see no life other than dead birds. Everything is inside or under cover
Old 05-24-2021, 10:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Are you trying to pin capitalism and the effect of accumulation on democrat policies?
No shit sherlock, that inernational buyers rush to buy houses in Cali before they buy the houses in fucking Hoenix / kidnappix arizona.
Have no doubt tho.
They coming.