Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Velious Beta > Quest Bugs

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2014, 09:14 PM
Planar Protector

I am not saying the lower the number, the earlier it was added to EQ. It is grouped around a set of other items that are very similar to it (all meats) and they are all from Velious.

There is no reason the item should drop before then. It served no purpose for tradeskills or quests. I can find no mention of him dropping it before then either.

If it had some purpose, or there were evidence/mention of it existing before Velious, fine. I would chalk it up to what you are. But the fact that no mentions of it are made in the limited killing of Faydedar -- And keep in mind, on this server it drops every time, I would think a 100% drop would get mentioned in loots somewhere --, it has no purpose AND it is grouped with a bunch of Velious meats in the item IDs makes me think it shouldn't exist pre-Velious.
Old 11-10-2014, 12:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am not saying the lower the number, the earlier it was added to EQ. It is grouped around a set of other items that are very similar to it (all meats) and they are all from Velious.
It's right next to Wurm Meat which was a Kunark drop. I said this in the last post, are you just trolling now? I can't tell.
Old 11-10-2014, 01:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In summary, Sea Dragon Meat + Wurm Meat should not drop until Velious. All existing meats should be purged from game. There shouldn't be 200 Totems on day 1 of Velious cause people have stacks of the meats I'm afraid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrjun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's right next to Wurm Meat which was a Kunark drop. I said this in the last post, are you just trolling now? I can't tell.
See bold. Retroactively added to wurm drop tables.

Only use of Wurm Meat in TSes is Pickled Wurms. The combine:

Quote:
To make Pickled Wurm (Baking: Yield 2, trivial 75), Combine the following in a Spit, Oven, Tanaan Oven, or Collapsible Spit
Seaweed Vinegar (*)
Jug of Oyster Sauces (*)

Wurm Meat
AKA a Velious combine.

Both Wurm and Sea Dragon Meat have 0 evidence of their dropping pre-Velious. Nor is there any purpose for them to drop pre-Velious.
Last edited by Daldaen; 11-10-2014 at 01:27 AM..
Old 11-10-2014, 11:40 AM
Planar Protector

pretty sure wurm meat always dropped off wurms for all eternity

I would solo in Kunark on my wiz in BW all the time, wurms being one of the main things since could find blue ones, they drop absolute crap but seeing meat on them felt pretty normal

Were the saltwater seaweeds in game during Kunark too?
Old 11-10-2014, 11:50 AM
Planar Protector

Saltwater Seaweed is used in Human cultural armor combines. Yes it was in during Kunark.

I looked through every Wurm in BW/Skyfire from Kunark. No posts or bestiary pages show Wurm Meat pre-2001. Same deal with Faydedar.
Old 12-24-2014, 05:20 AM
Sarnak

bump - i always see people trying to sell Sea Dragon Meat, and I feel terrible for anyone that buys them.
Closed Thread