Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Velious Beta > Quest Bugs

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2014, 04:28 PM
Planar Protector

Default Leuz Task - Kromrif Captain+Guard Configuration

The guards are too close to the captain currently. If a druid or ranger harmonies all of them, and tags the captain. Still 2 guards come with the captain. This is not correct.

The fix: Space the mobs out a bit more / move captain a little bit back.

Tons of comments about Harmony making this a single pull:

EQClerics August 2001
Quote:
Harmony works when done right. I've had different druids and rangers on harmony job, with different results. When I'm certain that the harmony person knows what they are doing, they get the captain solo every time. It all has to do with knowing how harmony works to take advantage of its benefits. (range of harmony AE, pulled mob must not path over harmonied mobs and etc).

You are pulling only the captain who stands few feet in front, facing the giant squad, so it really doesn't matter that the other giants are close together. If you get extras, harmony wasn't done right.

Captain is level constant 57 or 58 (blue to 60), and he is definitely 100% MR. Has a lot of HP (100k+) and he is unslowable. He hits semi hard so you need a decent higher level warrior to tank it. Although its possible to have a pally or SK tanking it, since captain is 100% MR they will have a heck of a time holding aggro. And defensive disc makes it much easier on the mana too.

You should get one or two more light healers, and one heavy damage dealer, like a ragebringer rogue or epic ranger/epic monk.

Thats pretty much it. I've done it with 5 people and no C2, but my mana pool is pretty hefty, so your mileage may vary. Need to time your CHs well and have backup healers chaining small heals (harmony druid, shaman) and you should be ok as long as your melee damage output is good enough.

He usually falls few minutes after defensive disc goes down and I finish with 30ish mana in the end.

------------------

Perplex Cerebrum
High Priest of Tunare
The Shadow Order - Lanys T'Vyl

Perplex Cerebrum
High Priest of Tunare
The Shadow Order - Lanys T'Vyl
Allakhazam Quest

Quote:
The drood harmonied(sp?) the giants and was able to single pull the captain.
Quote:
I was able to harmony pull the captain single today. The captain was 58, and was *highly* MR. The giants were also scowling, ready to attack to ALL, regardless of their Kael faction. Faction hits for the kill were Kromzek, Kromrif, *and* Tormax.
Quote:
Yes, he is solo pullable with harmony. And as for handing in your own tools, fix your Claws of Veeshan faction.
Allakhazam Mob

Quote:
After handing in the tools to Scout Charisa, the Kromzek Captain will spawn near the water (to the right just outside of the Siren's Grotto zone). If you harmony-pull him, you can take him easily with a group of 55+, assuming you have a high level chanter and shaman, not to mention no less than 59 warrior tanking. Great reward in the end, but scout rarely lives for too long...

Fanorn Draffut
60 Hierophant
Knights of Loyalty
Cazic-Thule Server
Can probably add some 2002 posts from TDG as well. Really wish EQDruids forum archived better.
Old 11-13-2014, 04:56 PM
Planar Protector

Should definitely be able to cast harmony a few times and get capt solo!
Old 11-13-2014, 05:24 PM
Planar Protector

Last two times I tried I harmonied a central mob then tagged captain and Captain + 2 guards nearest him aggroed.

Will double check with multiple casts of harmony on mobs on the outside. But I am pretty sure currently the 2 mobs are too close to him for harmony to matter. Which wouldn't be classic.
Old 03-04-2015, 11:20 AM
Planar Protector

Default Leuz Task's - Kromrif Captain

Since this thread got locked:

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=171177

Creating a new one.

The Kromrif captain needs to have his spawn point moved forward somewhat. Harmony should allow you to single split him out. Even if you Harmony every mob in the pack the two guards nearest him will assist every time you cast on the captain. This is incorrect.

Show druids and rangers some classic love and make them valuable components to a Leuz group.
Old 03-04-2015, 11:42 AM
Planar Protector

jumping on the new thread for this quest as the issue I bring up in my post linked below is one I feel will be a big headache for GMs and the community in general

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...=scout+charisa

if some devs and Nilbog could consider what I am suggesting here I dont think it would be too outrageous of a feature to add so the the players can settle their own disputes in game over the turn in
Old 03-04-2015, 11:44 AM
Planar Protector

Would prefer Charissa's spawn location is randomized a bit so people aren't clicking air in the single spot she spawns. Removed Autofire and keyboard/mouse macros as an advantage.
Old 03-04-2015, 11:45 AM
Planar Protector

unlocked and merged with original thread.
Old 03-04-2015, 01:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Would prefer Charissa's spawn location is randomized a bit so people aren't clicking air in the single spot she spawns. Removed Autofire and keyboard/mouse macros as an advantage.
not sure why my suggestion of literally a simple line of text that states the name of the person who turned in with an emote is so outrageous that you would prefer to code random spawn nodes for the quest mob

seems like a straightforward solution to a problem that WILL exist esp bc of the quick depop timer on the giants

but at least I can say I warned everyone [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-04-2015, 02:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
not sure why my suggestion of literally a simple line of text that states the name of the person who turned in with an emote is so outrageous that you would prefer to code random spawn nodes for the quest mob

seems like a straightforward solution to a problem that WILL exist esp bc of the quick depop timer on the giants

but at least I can say I warned everyone [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm aware your suggestion will help.

But I'd prefer this not be a camp where people can just click air for victory. That just begs for people to use Autofire extensively.
Old 03-04-2015, 03:16 PM
Planar Protector

Just curious, can you not just harmony them from different angles/npcs to cover the spread? Seems like a pretty easy work around.