Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2016, 05:26 PM
Sarnak

Default Trying to claim entire zone

Me and a buddy wanted to just duo literally 2 of the spawns in a tucked away corner in MM. We immediately get threatened with petitions and other nonsense from a group pulling everything all the way up to the canyon.

Is this normal? Like I was at the forest giant fort with a group and we had no problem sharing, is this some unspoken rule that a group can be somewhere in a zone with tons of mobs and just claim them all? I get clear cut camps being called, and would never try to pull some crap with that, but that zone is large, and it seems like one group can just perma lock all the mobs there.

Any tips/advice. Or do I need to attend the P99 Camp Lawschool and pass the poopsockbar?
Old 06-22-2016, 05:29 PM
Kobold

eff em
Old 06-22-2016, 05:56 PM
Fire Giant

" That being said, you can absolutely "camp" mobs, and you cannot steal another players 'camp'. In general, if the placeholder or placeholders for a spawn are being killed, that 'camp' can be considered held by the player doing the killing so long as they are keeping the placeholders cleared. You do not necessarily need to be at the spawn point to call it 'claimed' while it is uncontested, however, if someone else wishes to contest the 'camp' you do need to return to the 'camp' and maintain a presence at or very near the spawn(s) in order to hold it. You cannot hold multiple 'camps' if another group wishes to contest one that you are holding. The player holding multiple 'camps' retains the right to choose which 'camp' to give up. "

taken from - http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=132299

Loosely speaking, the server staff has been swift to enforce the above especially in situations where there's blocked LOS of mobs from each other due to game geometry (walls, doors, etc). If there's no presence at the spawn point, the camp's yours. Technically if the spawns are gone and are awaiting a respawn, the previous person camping has a legal right to make a decision as to which camp they are going to maintain a presence at. If both spawns are up and waiting though, you don't have to go through that horseshit.
Old 06-22-2016, 05:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valura [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
eff em
^ This. Camps are pretty small with lots in between. People try to define their camp by what they are able to pull, but that not how it works. Mobs around pond are pond, at tower, tower or ent, canyon is canyon and when none are actively occupied they are FFA.
Old 06-22-2016, 06:07 PM
Sarnak

Thanks, I knew we were right, I mean if it was some actual camp we would be in the wrong, but often I find jackass people like that tend to think the camp is what they can pull/do pull and not some actual defined camp. We left anyways because one of the whiners was even in my guild, but I couldn't believe how pissy they were getting over 2 mobs, we made a point to not take the gargoyles either.

They still had a stream of mobs but were bitching at us for sniping their camp lol
Old 06-22-2016, 06:54 PM
Planar Protector

The problem we've got now is people aren't just twinked, they're Velious twinked... so if a group has no problem clearing the entire pond area (and the canyon sometimes) they value every spawn.

Threats of petitions in the 20s is quite sad though, and is a sad sign of how this community has changed in recent times.
Old 06-22-2016, 06:56 PM
Planar Protector

Mistmoore gets crowded. You often have an entire group at pond that's capable of keeping every mob from pond down the canyon to GY clear of spawns with time to spare.

When it's like that, and more people show up looking for mobs, all they're doing is getting shit XP themselves, and causing the pond group to get shit XP. Norrath is absolute fucking huge, and there are so many places you can go that aren't already being cleared by a group.

9/10 that's what happens in MM, and the newcomers are lazy scumbags who should get buried in an anthill.

If the pond group is smaller or lower lvl and isn't clearing the whole area, it's no issue for some people to set up in canyon.
Old 06-22-2016, 07:02 PM
Planar Protector

MM is basically the only place pugs happen at that level. Instead of stinkin up a corner in MM why not go and duo in guk or sola or anywhere else for that matter, you've got a duo.
Old 06-22-2016, 07:08 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggens [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
MM is basically the only place pugs happen at that level. Instead of stinkin up a corner in MM why not go and duo in guk or sola or anywhere else for that matter, you've got a duo.
Mistmoore inky NPC's not having casters worth a shit is a big reason the zone is used so much, on top of its ZEM. If casters wouldn't do the non classic thing of healing through walls, you'd see a lot of Permafrost, Cazic Thule, and Runnyeye used for similar exp returns. But the heals go off through the walls, or zones are shitty for different races to use in hunting down a vendor / bank use... Mistmoore has a LOT of convenience going for it is the thing.
Old 06-22-2016, 07:14 PM
Planar Protector

Best advice if you're capable is to go to Upper Guk, Sol A, WW giants, even LOIO at the sarnak fort... and go back to MM for the castle group around 30ish.
Closed Thread