Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Green Bugs

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2019, 10:20 PM
Large Bat

Default Everfrost Glacier lighting (Night)

With the new patch, Everfrost is pitch black at night. I could be wrong, but I seem to remember it being not quite so dark as everywhere else in the glacier (noob) area of Everfrost Peaks back in 99. The glaciers kinda gave a bit lighter background that you could see shadows of mobs against. Now it's as pitch black as the inside of a tunnel at night.

I know that this patch was putting in the old lighting, but I think it may need some tweaking in some zones...
Old 10-15-2019, 06:53 AM
Sarnak

I remember what it was like in 2000 / 2001 and it was bad.

I remember it being so dark that I could not even find my way around Halas at night because there were places where the light didn't quite reach. I remember lurking next to any light source I could find, just waiting for the sun to come back up so that I could visit the newbie-zone.

Classic was not kind to the barbarian race...
Old 10-15-2019, 07:33 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Right it was really Dark for Barbarians and Humans and it was pitch black in tunnels, but not outside under the night sky. I could see enough to move around in areas like the commons the night sky helped a lot but in EverForst thanks to the white snow you could see enough to get where you were going even without a light.

I even used to hunt/kill mobs even at night without a light I felt the light made it harder to see far off at night so I just had one on me when I needed to see really good right around me and more so for when indoors. But it was a BIG difference from Day to night that is a fact and it was hard to see at night not not pitch black where you couldn't see anything.
Old 10-15-2019, 07:38 AM
Sarnak

Sorry, seeing a few other posts, it sounds like they took it just a little too far. Sounds classic, turns out to be a bug when you see it.

Tempted to log in and see how the world looks to a human or a barbarian.
Old 04-20-2023, 09:34 PM
Developer

Fixed, pending update. Lighting under the night sky for night blind races should be improved.