Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-20-2022, 01:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have seen this, yes, and while it's some bullshit that the military is hiring cowards, it also speaks to the regimes of modern digital warfare.

IT educated people are generally cowards that prefer to sit behind a keyboard, Incidentally, in 2022, we have weapons that require those people.

Yes, Military recruitment numbers are dropping, but those good ol' boys who are horny for trigger pulling are always going to enlist, there will never be a shortage of natural born killers who sign up to go fight.

Modern warfare doctrine has absolutely ZERO "line charge" open field assaults, we don't need millions of enlisted men to go running at the redcoats anymore. The current pentagon PR team might be a bunch of pink haired butt pirates, but beyond that the military doesn't have the luxury of employing a woke doctrine like amazon or google. Commissioned officers are politicians like any other politician and anything that compromises readiness or lethality, is going to hinder their chances for a promotion.

What we really have a shortage of in the US military are in the tech regime, people who wanna serve but don't have the balls to hold a rifle.

That's cool. no problem there, we have a pussy-ass job for that too.

I agree with your general point. However, US Army recruitment is also lacking trigger pulls as well. From what I gather, less and less young men are wanting to enlist for jobs like infantry. Forget about Special Forces recruitment. That's at an all time low. While I do appreciate and agree with diversity and equality amongst humans, I can't help but cringe at that commercial.

What a sad and sorry time where the US Army feels like they have to pander to softies. Even when I was in I could see things were changing rapidly. I left in 2014 and by now, there's recruitment ads like the one above, and basic training has included the use of "stress cards". These cards are for young privates who get too stressed out and hold up the card to their drill sergeant so that they know to back off... some weak shit right?
“The fundamental question is, will I be as effective as a boss like my dad was? And I will be, even more so. But until I am, it's going to be hard to verify that I think I'll be more effective.“- Little Carmine