Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 03-10-2023, 11:08 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadeyedick [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have the itch for old and new adventures the old school way.

i played live on bertoxx as an enchanter and valonzek faction and quit when Luclin came out. I played red p99 to 59 on a bard back in 2015 and started green when it first launched. what was missing on red and green when I started was a core group of good friends to level with so.

the goal is creating a group that wants to play a regular time each week and we do all the old quests and adventures together without the big focus on a grind to the end. having fun doing silly things and questing for our stuff. no elitist class exclusions in this group.

I posted this on reddit 1999 last week and just got p99 working after a few hickups with install.

whos in?

I am absolutely in for this. This sounds up my alley. I don't want to be gifted high level gear and lots of money. I want to earn it with a few others who also want to earn it. Who want to be about the journey vs the destination. It's what I've been missing from many modern MMOs that keep prioritizing level grinds and end game raids. Whatever happened to the times of just exploring and cautiously advancing into new areas? Why did everything become "look up a guide and get gud or don't talk to me". Call me crazy, but I don't care if I'm level cap, I will always find a way to help a n00b understand things and give them those good memories rather than handholding them or just saying "take this really strong gear and get to whackin' things." Heck, whatever happened to actual roleplay? Memories of friends crossing both reality and fantasy, as the people are real, but the memories are of tavern stories over ale and fleeing too-strong enemies and laughing about the close calls later. But for some time, even in NEW games, people tend to just...grind and raid and pay no mind to story or the journey. I didn't get to play this back in the day. I'm relatively new to Norrath. So I want to EXPLORE Norrath to learn about it, not just read about it.

*takes a breath*

I apologize for going off on a tangent there. But anywho, as I said. I'm for it. Sign me up. I'm a disabled stay at home parent so I can do any time after 9pm Eastern time weekdays and any time at all on weekends.
Old 03-11-2023, 04:37 AM
Planar Protector

I like the idea of solo / self found but with a group of 5 other people working together on it. Provided those people are communally orientated and it isn’t just some scheme to extort value by whoever plays a big game hunting class!

Do you have any idea what the regular play times will be?

The biggest issue with static groups seems to be some players have more drive / availability to play than others and ends up doing their own thing and leaving the rest of the group too far behind.

It may be worth implementing some targets for min/max level over certain periods of time -
E.g. after x days all characters should be between level 8 and 12.

You could create a bulletin board or similar so players with a bit more time can help those who are flagging. E.g farm xp hand in items to help player n catch up a bit. Collect pelts so we can furnish the melees with leather armour, etc.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 03-11-2023, 12:53 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Okay it totally did NOT show my first message when I checked later for replies, so I wrote the second message while rather excitable.

I did not mean to post twice like an impatient annoying turd. My apologies.
Old 03-18-2023, 02:31 AM
Large Rat

Just wondering if theres any plan for a group to really get goin and if so full yet? Been forum creepin but really had a hope of surprise green 2.0 but this is a real fun idea so figured why not.