Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 02-17-2023, 12:11 PM
Large Bat

Good suggestion. I thought I understood it, but maybe I'm missing something...

directly proportional
adjective

proportional to a constant multiple of an independent variable

Reading the definition of directly proportional my question still makes sense. Let me try re-stating, using the words in the definition for you.

Which way does the independent variable of time change the burnability of the bridge - play more, more bridges burnable? Or play more, best to burn fewer bridges?

Seems a lot clunkier to phrase it that way, but alas..
Old 02-17-2023, 12:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berb [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good suggestion. I thought I understood it, but maybe I'm missing something...

directly proportional
adjective

proportional to a constant multiple of an independent variable

Reading the definition of directly proportional my question still makes sense. Let me try re-stating, using the words in the definition for you.

Which way does the independent variable of time change the burnability of the bridge - play more, more bridges burnable? Or play more, best to burn fewer bridges?

Seems a lot clunkier to phrase it that way, but alas..
It's the opposite of inversely proportional.
Old 02-17-2023, 12:52 PM
Large Bat

Hmmmm. Gonna need it dumbed down.

I could understand both of these arguments, which one is right?

If you're going to be around awhile, the probability of a burned bridge coming back to bite you is higher. So if time played increases, the probability of a burned bridge being an issue for you increases proportionately. Makes sense.

BUT if you play a lot, you get better at the game and improve your self-sufficiency, learn all the camps and all the tricks, the likelihood that burning that bridge in some jagoff's Mistmoore group creates a problem for you will decrease as your time played increases. So that would be inversely proportional to your time played?

*rips bong* I think I've cracked the code here - the answer is whatever you want to interpret it as. The universe is a wild place man
Old 02-17-2023, 12:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweagen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
While U are waiting for your previous group members to do a Corpse Recovery?? and then rejoin them later once they're finished?

I'm new to the server so still figuring out what is and isn't acceptable etiquette, lol
Generally speaking that is not the best thing to do. You should help with recovery.
Old 02-17-2023, 01:22 PM
Planar Protector

Ive certainly been in a situation where we were loling about not letting someone into our full CE group after he jumped ship for a CE group that wiped and disbanded [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-17-2023, 01:56 PM
Banned

If you're the main healer/Cleric of the group, absolutely leave them in the dust and say "Good Luck! I might be back lol" when you go.

That's actually the proper procedure and etiquette.

If they whine, just remind them who holds the power in the relationship.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Do you have Complete Heal?? Oh you don't? Then STFU."

The more passive aggressive, the better. Really make them feel like shit for even getting upset.
Old 02-17-2023, 02:01 PM
Planar Protector

When I'm healer I like to put a group together at like TOV or drooga and when half or more of them get there bail to go join a CE group.
Old 02-17-2023, 03:42 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweagen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
While U are waiting for your previous group members to do a Corpse Recovery?? and then rejoin them later once they're finished?

I'm new to the server so still figuring out what is and isn't acceptable etiquette, lol
Remember that, the next time YOU need a CR and the rest of your group bails on you. Karma is a ....
Old 02-18-2023, 05:14 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berb [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Which way does that likelihood go - play more, more bridges burnable?
not all bridges are the same
Old 02-18-2023, 05:51 PM
Planar Protector

Talking

it's so funny that i would feel extremely guilty for what you described in op but have never felt bad for killing people low on health.

group loyalty is a thing imo!