Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 02-27-2023, 09:18 PM
Skeleton

Default old school fresh leveling group

I have the itch for old and new adventures the old school way.

i played live on bertoxx as an enchanter and valonzek faction and quit when Luclin came out. I played red p99 to 59 on a bard back in 2015 and started green when it first launched. what was missing on red and green when I started was a core group of good friends to level with so.

the goal is creating a group that wants to play a regular time each week and we do all the old quests and adventures together without the big focus on a grind to the end. having fun doing silly things and questing for our stuff. no elitist class exclusions in this group.

I posted this on reddit 1999 last week and just got p99 working after a few hickups with install.

whos in?
Old 02-27-2023, 09:42 PM
Planar Protector

Sounds like you're looking for <Pals>.

We have a lot of people of all level ranges and a lot of support to offer as well. You could either coordinate with some people who play around your time as well.

it's like you make the atomic bomb (server) and you don't want to let other countries (guilds) have nuclear secrets (under the radar information). it's gm's business and no one else's or else everyone gets nuked. letting Iran or North Korea beta test and keep the successful nukes, makes other countries uncomfortable.
Old 02-27-2023, 10:17 PM
Skeleton

the idea is to explore not grind and make a regular group of adventure friends, quest for our stuff and go to all kinds of zones with less of a focus on getting to 60. Are there people wanting to play like that?
Old 02-27-2023, 10:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadeyedick [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the idea is to explore not grind and make a regular group of adventure friends, quest for our stuff and go to all kinds of zones with less of a focus on getting to 60. Are there people wanting to play like that?
I would be willing to give you creative control over a section of our website to create a journal of your adventures if you can find people willing to do that. Maybe like run a group a couple days a week just for that purpose and then play another character outside if you wanted to.

Honestly this sounds like a really fun idea and I would like to see it happen, but I personally don't have time to invest in committing to something like that right now. I wouldn't want to let the static group down by not being there

it's like you make the atomic bomb (server) and you don't want to let other countries (guilds) have nuclear secrets (under the radar information). it's gm's business and no one else's or else everyone gets nuked. letting Iran or North Korea beta test and keep the successful nukes, makes other countries uncomfortable.
Old 02-28-2023, 10:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadeyedick [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're talking about a ALS style approach.

There is a guild on blue (maybe green too?) where their premise is 100% self funded / within guild. No buying from players, no powerleveling, no twinking, etc.
Old 02-28-2023, 11:36 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

ALS was on green when it first started up but I haven't seen a member from that guild on green in years. I was talking to a friend who was in ALS before and he said they were still active on blue.
Last edited by CptnCanuck; 02-28-2023 at 11:57 AM..
Old 02-28-2023, 06:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're talking about a ALS style approach.

There is a guild on blue (maybe green too?) where their premise is 100% self funded / within guild. No buying from players, no powerleveling, no twinking, etc.
I quit ALS not long after joining. Joined because I liked the concept. The rule on an in guild economy is fine, until you have people wanting to dominate that economy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Solo/self found is the way. Try Legacy of Ik on green with Larry's crew. www.leveluplarry.com/ik . Permadeath is available/optional.
Old 03-02-2023, 08:27 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goobles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would be willing to give you creative control over a section of our website to create a journal of your adventures if you can find people willing to do that. Maybe like run a group a couple days a week just for that purpose and then play another character outside if you wanted to.

Honestly this sounds like a really fun idea and I would like to see it happen, but I personally don't have time to invest in committing to something like that right now. I wouldn't want to let the static group down by not being there
I like the idea of making a story out of the adventures.

as far as a big commitment i don't think it has to be. it could be for a a few hours once a week or every two weeks. think about it why do we have to rush. I literally have no interest in grinding or quick progression. an adventure could be just getting from one continent to another for a far away simple quest. fishing as we wait for the boat. all kinds of possibilities.
Old 03-03-2023, 05:41 PM
Kobold

Quote:
I like the idea of making a story out of the adventures.

as far as a big commitment i don't think it has to be. it could be for a a few hours once a week or every two weeks. think about it why do we have to rush. I literally have no interest in grinding or quick progression. an adventure could be just getting from one continent to another for a far away simple quest. fishing as we wait for the boat. all kinds of possibilities.
I've thought about doing this as well. As others have said, there are just too many hurdles to make it enjoyable. Everyone is older now and has busier lives. It would be too difficult to coordinate times to play together with random people you don't know online. It's hard enough to get something like this going with REAL LIFE friends, even if it's just a few hours a week. Inevitably you get that 1-2 persons that start outleveling the group or get bored and do something else, etc.
Old 03-09-2023, 06:21 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I would like in on this. This sounds right up my alley. I don't want to be gifted powerful gear and plat. I don't want to feel pressured to level. I want the true experience. The real deal. The feeling of EARNING my way up. And, as mentioned, focus on the ADVENTURE, not the destination. I don't care if I never see 60. I'd rather have a buttload of fun and never break 40 vs focusing on the grind. That's the classic MMO experience I am nostalgic for and the vibe I always seem to be missing from newer MMOs that are literally designed to be about the destination/cap/endgame.

I never got to play back in the day so I am still exploring Norrath. I would very much like to explore it the old fashioned way.

I am so down. What day/time? I can set aside almost any time slot after 9pm Eastern US Time on weekdays and any time at all on weekends.