Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 03-08-2023, 03:02 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
solo self funded

basically 0 outside help

aka: ive beaten eq every other way imaginable and have yet to have the mental fortitude to uninstall / walk away so here i am
Do you have to delete if someone else heals you randomly while fighting?
Old 03-08-2023, 03:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeliciousHalflings [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do you have to delete if someone else heals you randomly while fighting?
if you dont you're just cheating yourself
Old 03-08-2023, 03:50 PM
Kobold

Since neither permadeath nor ssf are coded into the game, every person is going to have their personal ruleset variation. Many of those who don't want to be healed or buffed ninja style by random passersby will turn in the Tome of Discord and actually use the game coding to prevent that. Others, like <Legacy of Ik> toons I have talked to, accept heals or intervention in a fight going poorly, but will click off buffs deemed higher level than appropriate at their level.

In my case, it's more of a "roleplay" idea.... other players are part of the game world, so intervention of buffs and heals aren't a problem. It's only rezzing that I reject while trying to reach level 60 (which hasn't happened yet, sadly). Not trying to set some record, not streaming or recording my progress, just playing the game the way I want to.
Old 03-09-2023, 11:35 AM
Planar Protector

Just a little update. I am level 6, almost 7 now. I've been sticking to killing orc pawns and orc centurions with the occasional wolf/bear. The belts give me almost 5% exp of a level per turn-in and roughly 1 plat, so I've managed to make 13 plat and buy a better weapon.

Since im SSF I can't buy/sell/trade with anyone, or take stuff off other people's corpses. I can only use vendors. I also can't ask for buffs or teleports or anything. However, if someone runs by and randomly buffs me I am good to use it as long as it's completely random. So far I've only had a total of 3 buffs cast on me and one was a See Invis, lol. The other 2 were SoW and a mage DS that almost got me killed, lol.

I think for myself I will cancel out all DS buffs in the future because I am tempted to go Rambo mode and increase my chance at death, which is almost what happened to me at level 2. I basically got knocked unconscious 3 times...somehow survived and /sit real fast, then my game glitched up on me and I couldn't pan the camera and had to log, lol. I got that recorded.
Old 03-09-2023, 08:08 PM
Kobold

Just because I want you to have a decent shot at this. I think you should be very aware that the Mooto placeholder you might be killing when you get to 10ish if you stay in Misty Thicket, is also the placeholder / spawn for the alchemist who will destroy you quickly at that level. Be extrememly cautious when you get to goblin killing level.
Old 03-10-2023, 05:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirquestalot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just because I want you to have a decent shot at this. I think you should be very aware that the Mooto placeholder you might be killing when you get to 10ish if you stay in Misty Thicket, is also the placeholder / spawn for the alchemist who will destroy you quickly at that level. Be extrememly cautious when you get to goblin killing level.
Yes sir, I know and it sucks. I've been leveling toons in Misty Thicket since '99. I think my strategy will be to ignore that spawn (you can if careful), and fight mobs near Runneye zoneline. My only real fear is zoning into RE if low and getting ganked on the other side. I think that has happened to me before.

I should have full leather armor by then when I start killing Gobs at least. I actually think I might not even start killing them until level 8, because going for the belts is super ez. I found out there are actually 4 orc spawns. I will probably report back in once I try goblins.
Old 03-10-2023, 01:58 PM
Planar Protector

Can you group? Playing a char that can't snare solo trying not to die sounds rough
Old 03-10-2023, 03:05 PM
Planar Protector

It’s not so bad. You just learn to use walls, corners and proximity to static mobs to prevent runners.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 03-10-2023, 04:41 PM
Aviak

lol i had same idea same time as skorge didnt even see this thread, because this is becoming a big deal in wow

i did a video with my ruleset anyway: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLiSomdefnk&t

by using books of discord you can ensure normie players cant interact with you
Old 03-10-2023, 07:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormmac [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol i had same idea same time as skorge didnt even see this thread, because this is becoming a big deal in wow

i did a video with my ruleset anyway: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLiSomdefnk&t

by using books of discord you can ensure normie players cant interact with you
I thought that as well, but when you search SSF vids, none of them turn in the book, so I'm doing the same, lol...I follow 2-3 others out there. Ogreguy on YouTube does SSF characters. He just lost a 18 Ogre Warrior.

He implemented a new idea where he can hand down his gear to a new level 1, which is kinda cool. It's basically like making EQP99 a Roguelike game, which I love. I am sticking to a pure permadeath run on this guy though. No handing stuff down.

Edit: I was also worried a Red toon might gank me when afk...that's the main reason I didn't turn my book in. You know how people are, there's always someone out there to ruin your experience. If turning the book in didn't turn you PVP I would have done it.