Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 03-14-2023, 08:02 AM
Kobold

Sure, sure... I'm just coming at it from the point of view of the value of AC saving your life while soloing. Working on a budget makes sense too. I think I just misread it earlier. I was reading it as leather being the goal, not where we were atm. Next step banded then? Or just going to grind away at ringmail / bronze / crafted?

P.S. Congrats on the happy, healthy addition to the family. Just remember, sleepy at the keyboard is dangerous for your hardcore toon. Best of luck! (can't tell you how many toons I've lost to autorun while passed out)
Last edited by Sirquestalot; 03-14-2023 at 08:07 AM..
Old 03-14-2023, 03:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirquestalot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sure, sure... I'm just coming at it from the point of view of the value of AC saving your life while soloing. Working on a budget makes sense too. I think I just misread it earlier. I was reading it as leather being the goal, not where we were atm. Next step banded then? Or just going to grind away at ringmail / bronze / crafted?

P.S. Congrats on the happy, healthy addition to the family. Just remember, sleepy at the keyboard is dangerous for your hardcore toon. Best of luck! (can't tell you how many toons I've lost to autorun while passed out)
Thank ya. Yea I'm trying my best to be super careful. I think it's a combination of being a permadeath run I don't want to waste time tradeskilling, as optimistic as I am about not dying, lol. Also it's super hard to build plat at this level, especially as a halfling. I feel like some races can build plat easier and have that as an option. I know ogres have a good noob area. I had 7 plat on my ogre at level 3 vs only 1 plat on my halfling.

Also, even though AC and HP are king, having a good weapon gets you more bang for you buck, since you kill crap quicker. I am trying to save my plat for a weapon on a vendor that is within reach. If I can get this weapon I will be doing a lot better.
Old 03-14-2023, 03:58 PM
Planar Protector

You can’t buy weapons another player dumped (!)

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 03-14-2023, 04:03 PM
Kobold

Well, as mentioned earlier, these types of playstyles are personal preference, so if you "found" something on an npc vendor and you earned the cash to buy it yourself soloing, then that interpretation of your own personal ruleset works for you. Hope you can afford your new weapon before it poofs during a server reset.
Old 03-14-2023, 07:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirquestalot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, as mentioned earlier, these types of playstyles are personal preference, so if you "found" something on an npc vendor and you earned the cash to buy it yourself soloing, then that interpretation of your own personal ruleset works for you. Hope you can afford your new weapon before it poofs during a server reset.
Thanks. You said that perfectly. Originally I was thinking the same as the guy above but when I watched the SSF videos out there they all buy freely from vendors. It’s still not a practical way to get items tho as npcs can be crazily overpriced, but it’s fun going through them in hopes to find a little upgrade. Rivervale had some Cold plate armor on a vendor for like 15-20 plat for example, but I couldn’t use it.
Old 03-14-2023, 08:06 PM
Sarnak

On twitch , look the guy named Barthorrn on green server

Ssf 57 gnome warrior, it’s insane how he’s wrecking mobs with his strategy
Old 03-18-2023, 08:11 PM
Planar Protector

What’s his strategy?

Be berserker frenzy on greens?
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 03-19-2023, 07:29 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What’s his strategy?

Old 03-19-2023, 10:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What’s his strategy?

I’d love to know too. I recently did my war on red, not entirely solo self found but pretty close, and I ended up hanging out with the creepy crawlies for like a year in SolB.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 04-03-2023, 05:43 PM
Aviak

Hey guys here's a guide I've been working on:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...ws2rXlimY/edit
If you want to come check me out:
https://www.twitch.tv/barthorn
I'd be happy to chat and answer any questions.