Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2018, 09:59 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i've a question: do furries speak, or do they communicate liek with gestures and if they speak, do they adopt an RP voice? this is a RP thing, no?
Generally furries don't speak a whole lot while in fursuit. I think this is mostly because fursuit mouths don't move so it kind of breaks the illusion. Some fursuit heads have moving jaws which can be okay but sometimes it seems a bit off. I don't tend to talk much in fursuit. Sometimes I might purr or meow a bit but never with strangers. So yea a lot of the communication is with gestures and learning to read people's body language.

Most of the time furries hang out though it's not in fursuit. And would talk/act normally. Well as normal as furries are lol.

If you mean like far as roleplays or stories, my character Nexii would talk and act like any human character. Think of like Khajiit from Skyrim for example.
Old 10-04-2018, 10:11 AM
Banned

Don't forget frog furries:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If you play this game you are basically a furry sympathizer.
Old 10-04-2018, 10:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Generally furries don't speak a whole lot while in fursuit. I think this is mostly because fursuit mouths don't move so it kind of breaks the illusion. Some fursuit heads have moving jaws which can be okay but sometimes it seems a bit off. I don't tend to talk much in fursuit. Sometimes I might purr or meow a bit but never with strangers. So yea a lot of the communication is with gestures and learning to read people's body language.

Most of the time furries hang out though it's not in fursuit. And would talk/act normally. Well as normal as furries are lol.

If you mean like far as roleplays or stories, my character Nexii would talk and act like any human character. Think of like Khajiit from Skyrim for example.
that makes sense. id thought of ignored as a sort of RP thing and can see how non-functional headpieces could break immersion. on the voice thing I was more curious if people adopt a fur voice or something, liek hissing if they were reptilian, or trilling their 'r's if they were feline or just adopting something cartoon.

I've another question! Does furry-dom encompass Japanese style anthro where you have more completely human characters with animal features (tails, ears, horns, etc.) or is it strictly limited to anthrompmorphized animals (complete animal, but slightly re-proportioned liek human) liek most the ones posted here.
Old 10-04-2018, 10:36 AM
Sarnak

Yea most people don't do a specialized voice. It's really, really hard to do something like that without sounding ridiculous. Maybe if you're like a voice actor you could.

Generally furry is limited to anthromorphized animals. I mean you'll see some human characters with animal features here and there on FA etc. And people that go around with just the tails/ears at cons cause they don't want to or can't afford a full fursuit. That being said it's a pretty open fandom and there's always some overlap within the larger sci-fi/fantasy fandom.
Old 10-04-2018, 10:48 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevergirl [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't forget frog furries:
If you play this game you are basically a furry sympathizer.
It's funny how so many of the added races were furries
Kunark: Iksar = lizard furry
Luclin: Vah Shir = cat furry
LoY: Froglok = frog furry
EQ2: Ratonga = rat furry
EQ2: Sarnak = lizard/dragon furry
EQ2: Kerra = cat furry
Old 10-04-2018, 11:01 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've another question! Does furry-dom encompass Japanese style anthro where you have more completely human characters with animal features (tails, ears, horns, etc.) or is it strictly limited to anthrompmorphized animals (complete animal, but slightly re-proportioned liek human) liek most the ones posted here.
i have a handy chart

Old 10-04-2018, 11:18 AM
Planar Protector

Default Example: Not Furry (10%)

Old 10-04-2018, 11:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wife material
Old 10-04-2018, 12:21 PM
Banned

jo material
Old 10-04-2018, 01:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterbonkers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i have a handy chart

Lol'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post

If you have proof of a staff member violating policies, you report it in a Forum PM to me [Rogean] or Nilbog.
Closed Thread