Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2015, 01:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tradesonred [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think we should push this to its logical conclusion and let everyone pack nuclear weapons. Theyll think twice about shooting you if its rigged to your heartbeat and youll take out 15 city blocks with you if you die.
You're finally understanding...I was starting to lose hope for you
Old 06-23-2015, 02:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rararboker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Some of you guys support "gun control" (aka banning legally owned guns)? So sad.

Must have lived very comfortable lives to believe a fairy tale like that. Illegal guns are super easy to acquire in almost any state if you know the scumbags. I went to Granite Hills High school in California (one of the schools which had a school shooting in the early 2000's) and despite that putting the school on high alert and our state having some of the strictest gun laws in the country, guns could be bought on school premises even by people not intimately involved in any kind of gang activity. And my point here is that; if it is that easy to obtain them on a school, how easy do you think it is to get them somewhere with less restrictions?
Some people equate gun control with gun elimination, like somehow it will magically make them disappear.

Guns aren't going away. Guns cannot be eliminated from the streets, our towns, our cities, our country. Gun control will make it harder for law-abiding citizens to own them but it won't do a thing to stop criminals from acquiring them. Can't just ban guns and expect them to disappear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenlaar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Know what else it takes?

A gun.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

And I liked Predator 2 Tradesonred. Sure it wasn't near the same as Arnold's Predator but it had it's own charm.
Last edited by MrSparkle001; 06-23-2015 at 03:03 AM..
Old 06-23-2015, 11:01 AM
Sarnak

Kagatob not in this thread b/c hes holding a candlelight vigil for the shooter.
Old 06-23-2015, 12:27 PM
Banned

You cant make this stuff up

"Iowa grants gun permits to the blind

No one questions the legality of the permits, but some officials worry about public safety."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...blind/2780303/
Old 06-23-2015, 12:56 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doors [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bottom line is nobody wants to accept responsibility when things like this happen, so they blame guns.
You seem to think that you are "enlightening" me or something. You really aren't. I have no responsibility to accept and I place partial blame on guns because guns are a part of the equation of gun violence. Placing blame on the person and the weapon are not mutually exclusive.

Without the mentally unbalanced person, there is no mass shooting.
Without the gun, there is no mass shooting.
Old 06-23-2015, 01:52 PM
Fire Giant

tenlaar shut the fuck up.

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"
- "In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming."

Old 06-23-2015, 03:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenlaar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You seem to think that you are "enlightening" me or something. You really aren't. I have no responsibility to accept and I place partial blame on guns because guns are a part of the equation of gun violence. Placing blame on the person and the weapon are not mutually exclusive.

Without the mentally unbalanced person, there is no mass shooting.
Without the gun, there is no mass shooting.
only mace attacks
Old 06-23-2015, 04:04 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by chtulu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
tenlaar shut the fuck up.
Nope. I'm sorry that very simple logic seems to offend you.
Old 06-23-2015, 04:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tradesonred [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
your sole criteria for terrorism is: Must be brown and muslim?
No, you ignorant pleb. I'm thinkin more like: 4 hooves good, 2 hooves bad.

Animal Farm, 1984 - do you need anymore help conencting dots?

I think putting that label on ourselves is a death sentence.
Old 06-23-2015, 04:38 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I always find it laughable when people try to justify owning guns to keep their family safe. Statistically a gun in your home is 95% more likely to harm you or your family than to be used in self defense against an attacker (source:http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/9715182/).

Additionally, if you're using a firearm as self defense of your family, that means it's not locked up and your children have access to loaded firearms. If it is locked up, you're not going to realistically be able to gain access to it while someone is actively trying to cause harm to you or your family in your home.

But you should still absolutely be able to own guns, and if it makes you feel safer, that's fine. Statistics say otherwise. But the real reason you should be allowed to own guns is it's guaranteed by the 2nd amendment, and guaranteed for a reason.

Historically the precursor to genocide has always been disarming of a population. This doesn't mean if a population is disarmed, there will be genocide (there are plenty of countries today that have been disarmed and their government is not mass executing their populations). But in every instance of genocide in the past 150 years, some or all of the population being executed was disarmed first. That's enough reason, and the reason the 2nd amendment exists.

I gladly encourage and support everyone to own a weapon, because statistically you are putting yourself more at risk than if you didn't, but I think it's important and honestly a civic duty to own a weapon.
Closed Thread