Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2014, 05:29 PM
Fire Giant

Default Proposal regarding pvp level ranges...

Hi folks, just offering a suggestion to the powers that be.

I propose that the pvp level range be removed in certain scenarios, triggered by friendly action towards players involved directly in combat.

If it's not clear how this could work, imagine this scenario.

Player A, a 29 Rogue is in a group xping with a level 24 druid, player B. The xp is flowing nicely until some level 30 rogue in a fungi (player C) rolls along and starts to beat up on the higher level of the pair.

I submit simply that the pvp level range limitations toggled off in the instance of Player B casting a heal, or beneficial buff on player a player.

In the current format, player B has no recourse but to land heals (which will heal at most 10% of player A's HP) and basically buff while Player C uses his clicky cancel magic. If you've ever had to watch your group get busted up by some twink you know this can be extremely frustrating. My proposal eliminates this frustration-- Even if you die at least you could nuke the bastard.

The same scenario can be used to opposite effect as well, allowing players to keep healers in range of pvp fighters for healing, but out of range to be attacked in PVP. This comes up a lot on the boards, so I'm sure it's a problem-- My proposal would completely eliminate the need for rules against this, as any OOR clerics would become a viable target for pvp.

Just had the thought as we watched some twink pking in MM, and he plugged as we nearly beat him- They always plug it seems, these hates, mrsbigs and natures arent really shit of you focus an effort on them.
Last edited by Xer0; 06-01-2014 at 05:34 PM..
Old 06-01-2014, 06:02 PM
Banned

blacks
Old 06-01-2014, 06:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey VII [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
erudites
Old 06-01-2014, 06:33 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-01-2014, 09:26 PM
Planar Protector

There is no ultimate solution to the PVP level range and the best thing for these scenarios is some creative problem solving.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 06-01-2014, 11:17 PM
Aviak

Help
Old 06-01-2014, 11:24 PM
Banned

deal with OOR healers by being higher level and out dpsing their heals or being in range to them and having pals, and not enganging when u know u cant win like a tard
Old 06-02-2014, 03:23 AM
Aviak

OOR healing doesn't promote competitive pvp. Disable OOR healing/buffing completely. Level restrict items like Fungi tunic.

This will promote pvp and any true pvper would not object.

The only negative effect I can think of is random buffing lower levels to pve as an act of kindness, but its more of an exception other than the norm.
Last edited by doughboy; 06-02-2014 at 03:27 AM..
Old 06-02-2014, 03:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xer0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Just had the thought as we watched some twink pking in MM, and he plugged as we nearly beat him- They always plug it seems, these hates, mrsbigs and natures arent really shit of you focus an effort on them.
Hivemind lol?
Old 06-02-2014, 09:07 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
deal with OOR healers by being higher level and out dpsing their heals or being in range to them and having pals, and not enganging when u know u cant win like a tard
This. I can't tell you the amount of times Sigh or somebody else has come into our group 1v3. I'm sure they're complaing about "oor healers".....maybe don't attack a group 1v3?

The other reason this is a problem is due to how long we have been stuck on Kunark. On live the game progressed enough to keep (most) people from wanting to level up a secondary character. On this server every level 60 has at least another level 54/55 and that makes it worse than it was on live.