Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2019, 09:33 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by AenorVZ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Law enforcement doesn't prove conspiracy. Law enforcement investigates and determines if there is sufficient evidence to recommend the case to a prosecutorial body for potential charges where the charges will then be proven or disproven in the appropriate venue. In this case, the venue is Congress. Haven't you ever watched Law & Order? As per the quote in my previous post, Mueller left it to the discretion of Congress to pursue it further, just as any decent investigator would.
Mueller's report was made to the AG, not congress. The AG is the prosecutorial body. It was the AG's decision on whether or not to prosecute, and he isn't because the evidence isn't there. If he had decided to prosecute it would be his job to prove it happened. The only thing that Congress can do is impeach, which isn't going to happen.
Old 04-18-2019, 09:37 PM
Planar Protector

who's winning so far?

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 04-18-2019, 09:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by AenorVZ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is what I mean when I say smattering of dimwits. This vegetable apparently skipped school they day civics class talked about impeachment.
Dear dipshit, impeachment can only occur when the president has been found guilty of a crime via the executive branch.
Old 04-18-2019, 09:45 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dear dipshit, impeachment can only occur when the president has been found guilty of a crime via the executive branch.
No, that's wrong.
Old 04-18-2019, 09:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
"A statement that the investigation did not establish particular facts does not mean there was no evidence of those facts." - Page 2
So you didn't read page 2 then lol
Old 04-18-2019, 09:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
who's winning so far?
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

mead is COOL yall are lame
Old 04-18-2019, 09:50 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mueller's report was made to the AG, not congress. The AG is the prosecutorial body. It was the AG's decision on whether or not to prosecute, and he isn't because the evidence isn't there. If he had decided to prosecute it would be his job to prove it happened. The only thing that Congress can do is impeach, which isn't going to happen.
The Attorney General is the chief LAW ENFORCEMENT officer. So the SCO is like the detectives in an episode of Law and Order. They investigate and then present their findings to the prosecutors, who then decide if charges will be filed. How many of the dozens of indictments produced by the SCO did the AG prosecute? None, because that's not his role. Impeach isn't the only thing Congress can do. It can also investigate, and since the composition of the House was changed during the midterms, the Intelligence Committee can look at basically whatever it wants.

We're all aware that Republicans control the Senate and would never vote to convict Trump on impeachment charges forwarded by the House. That's why I've recommended to my colleagues to wait until the close of session just before the next election to recommend articles of impeachment to the Senate so that the current Senate doesn't have time to conduct the impeachment. The entire election then becomes a referendum on Trump. Do you want to re-elect a lame duck president who could face impeachment by a Democrat-controlled Senate after the election? Oh, and we'll also be impeaching the rapist supreme court justice. He doesn't have anything like the immunity of a president.
Old 04-18-2019, 09:55 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoTriz2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So you didn't read page 2 then lol
Yep. Read it. Have posted excerpts. If you think there's a specific section that proves anything, post away.
Old 04-18-2019, 09:55 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Holy shit you're fucking stupid.
Old 04-18-2019, 10:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, that's wrong.
No it's not. You can't charge a sitting president with a crime. You have to demonstrate the crime was committed and is qualified under the articles of impeachment.
Closed Thread