Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2019, 03:35 PM
Planar Protector

I'll echo the congrats here too. Happy for ya [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-17-2019, 05:33 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah frozen pizza and opioids. Add nascar and you had the trifecta

Glad you “saw the light”
Old 04-18-2019, 10:46 PM
Banned

So I spent all weekend hiking with some hot redhead. It really good at first -- then I started to notice a stabbing pain in my heals -- but wtf you going to do? "Oh sorry we got to cancel everything because I'm a pussy" -- wasn't going to do that. So I just dealt with it.

Unfortunately, now my heals look like this:

004.jpg

So I still got to work out -- but running is kind of out of the question. Figure ill just do some lifting stuff. I just probably be able to just bandage them up and be good for more.

But take my advice, read up on blister prevention before big hikes.
Old 04-19-2019, 12:17 AM
Banned

Your first problem is that your feet are just stubs there's like no foot or toe there. Also they are backwards.

Also, you will heal and then u won't get blisters again. Hopefully.

I had like mad blisters when I did my first FTX but I eventually stopped getting them and my feet aren't totally destroyed either.
Old 04-19-2019, 01:40 AM
Banned

whoa you must be pretty tough to do that like without complaint!! or did she hear and blow it off?

anyway here's a recommender to help prevent what might have happened.

here's the other big tip I had sorta divined. basically you want to make the thing real tight at the ankle while you're headed downhill so you aren't catching your weight by smashing your toes into the toebox. i have a prob with this one. Sounds like you're probably getting heel slippage on the way up, too, so probably worth deploying early. For some reason I don't find it blister-making to slip and slide inside my shoes on the way up (and if I lace tight on uphill, my feets will go numb). I'm guessing all anyone can give you is guidelines since every feet to shoe interface is unique.

anyway yes lacing makes a huge difference and there's a different optimum for every shoez. You should take it slow and relace as soon as you start feeling a hot spot next time, so you can gather the data points to improve. It ain't a contest of speed butt endurance [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by America; 04-19-2019 at 01:44 AM..
Old 04-19-2019, 01:42 AM
Planar Protector

I took a shit today.
Old 04-19-2019, 02:35 AM
Banned

The poster above u doesn't appreciate that info. Cuz it's uneccissarily verbose. It's not godly to poop. U should be a cyborg that doesn't poop. U should just print little pellets with designs that get melted down into fresh batteries in a nukereactor. That is godly.

Also fucking backteria live in nuclear pools with fuel rods amiright? do they?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deinococcus_radiodurans

Fucking radioactive orgapooneryisms. Living in fucking nukewaste. That is the universe right. Like for the next way beyond the life expectancy of the entire human race.
Old 04-19-2019, 12:22 PM
Planar Protector

Cool

today was SHOULDERS. shredded 'em good. can't even lift my fork. tearing chunks of Jarlsberg straight off the wheel on my counter with my teeth. feelin good pals. hAppy fRiday!
Old 04-19-2019, 12:29 PM
Banned

Blew my AC joint on the bench two weeks ago. Hoping to get back on the horse after Easter Weekend.
Old 04-19-2019, 12:44 PM
Planar Protector

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorondor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Blew my AC joint on the bench two weeks ago. Hoping to get back on the horse after Easter Weekend.
how'd you manage that? too much internal rotation? gotta keep them shoulders back, lead with your CHAST.