Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2021, 09:59 PM
Banned

When you believe that Kris Kobach found 11 million illegal votes, you'll believe anything.
Old 05-11-2021, 10:13 PM
Banned

I don't wear a mask when I'm soloing on my wiz, but if I have LFG up, and I somehow do get a group, I wear a mask, more as a courtesy, so I don't offend the pansies living in fear.
Old 05-11-2021, 10:15 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by G13 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do you want to live the rest of your life like you're performing 15 hour surgeries everyday?
How is wearing a mask the equivalent to performing a 15 hour surgery?

My argument is that if these effects were true, that someone would have noticed long ago that surgeons become confused, disoriented and the loss of fine motor skills.

You have to admit, people will catch on very quickly when the surgeon becomes disoriented. Sorry I didn't make my point clearer.
Old 05-11-2021, 10:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falditin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Her face is soo much darker than her arms, also the skin is a lot lighter at her hair line, especially at the corners. Makes me think she wore a mask then put makeup on.
in hindsight i agree. fake but imagine if they did
Old 05-11-2021, 10:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by reznor_ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
god damn you are a dumb ass. that shroud is wasted on you
Old 05-12-2021, 04:12 AM
Fire Giant

If you legitimately experience any of the symptoms in the OP while wearing a cloth/surgical mask, you should be genuinely afraid of the rona. And you might want to consider a change in diet and exercise.

Also....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this dude really wrote a scientific forum post to prove masks are bad for you

holy shit

we truly do live in a society
...this

Don't we already have a thread for this nonsense anyways? Quit spamming out the good threads.
Last edited by nostalgiaquest; 05-12-2021 at 04:20 AM..
Old 05-12-2021, 07:05 AM
Planar Protector

havent worn a mask in months
Old 05-12-2021, 07:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falditin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If your above statement is true that masks cause confusion, disorientation, sleepiness and loss of motor skills, why do you think we are just now seeing studies done? Why hasn't anyone in the last 100 years noticed the surgeon get confused and think their patient is a giraffe? In the decades of surgery no one noticed that the doc, outside the OR can thread a needle on the first try but in surgery he holds a scalpel like a 2 year holds a spoon?
It's a reasonable question and yes, it actually is a problem. Surgeons have lower blood oxygen and increased heart rates during surgery. But, as I explained to Cecily, no one is claiming that everyone wearing a mask instantly transforms into a chimpanzee, only that it negatively impacts performance and increases stress. And finally, the body is designed to deal with foreign substances coming in through the nose and mouth quite well in comparison to things directly injected into the blood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nostalgiaquest [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And you might want to consider a change in diet and exercise.
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nostalgiaquest [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't we already have a thread for this nonsense anyways? Quit spamming out the good threads.
No, we have a troll thread for a retracted paper with 50 pages of pointless arguments. This one is totally different, and you can tell because there are far more mental meltdowns in this thread by people whose brains simply can't handle the cognitive dissonance.
Old 05-12-2021, 10:07 AM
Planar Protector

Raev cmon dude you’re pretty far down the rabbit hole, you’re smarter than this
Old 05-12-2021, 10:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Raev cmon dude you’re pretty far down the rabbit hole, you’re smarter than this
Look, I realize admitting you are wrong is not fun, especially about deeply held beliefs. I know this because I've been forced to do it so frequently, and you can even find my mistakes immortalized on these forums, e.g. I was wrong about Trump and Benford's Law. But discarding our incorrect beliefs is the only way I know of to arrive at the truth.

This thread is generating so much cognitive dissonance because it is obvious to a 3rd grader that wearing a mask is unpleasant and stressful. They are the modern version of the Emperor's New Clothes. But lots of people jumped on the mask bandwagon for social status. Suddenly obese donutarians wearing masks were health conscious social pillars! And they could revel in their Karenhood - finally they were doing something right and they could let loose their righteous anger on those 'covidiots'.

It's time to leave the Karen party and join the Truth and Beauty party. And the best part is that your past history doesn't matter; after all no one arrives at the truth without making a load of mistakes first.
Closed Thread