Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

View Poll Results: Wat do ye think, elf?
It's dead 50 17.73%
Yeah, it's slowly dying, green velious launch as proof 88 31.21%
It's summer, nerds are finally outside enjoying the tempered 132 F of the death valley 71 25.18%
Shut your filthy mouth, I'm in lower guk right now and having the time of my life farming FBSSs 73 25.89%
Voters: 282. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2021, 04:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He's right about the Channeling thing, but it mostly affects low levels (sub 30) and the staff defo haven't ignored it, it just needs coder time, which is always in short supply.
Prove it. Period.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 08-11-2021, 04:09 PM
Planar Protector

double post because RnF,.

I know who I am speaking to. Dolalin is GoD status in the bug section and nearly his entire post history is helping fix and improve p99 to be as classic as possible.

I say what I did because it matters. And if you don't know what matters on a PROJECT dedicated to producing classic everquest to the best of their ability, you don't know this server.
Old 08-11-2021, 04:39 PM
Planar Protector

I sent the info on the channeling thing directly to Nilbog as I received it from Torven at TAKP. I won't be posting PMs so you'll just have to trust me on this one. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-11-2021, 04:44 PM
Planar Protector

I would never question your intent dolalin. Nor would I attempt to sway your trust in a PM.

I speak straight and I'm honest.
Old 08-11-2021, 05:09 PM
Planar Protector

I also think the devs said it’s like a titanium client issue isn’t it? Maybe I’m misremembering.
Old 08-11-2021, 05:19 PM
Fire Giant

P99 is dead. P99 remains dead. And we have killed it. How shall we comfort ourselves, the murderers of all murderers? What was classic and most competitive of all that the world has yet owned has bled to death under our knives: who will wipe these pixels off us? What water is there for us to clean ourselves? What festivals of serpentine draft, what sacred rotations shall we have to invent? Is not the greatness of this deed too great for us? Must we ourselves not become gods simply to appear worthy of it?
Old 08-11-2021, 05:21 PM
Planar Protector

P99 is NOT dead,.

I came into p99 in 2010 and over the years I've seen Jaded veterans get angry and leave.

There are still hundreds of people who will fill their place in the future...
Just because you've heard of P99 doesn't mean everyone has.
Old 08-11-2021, 07:19 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by azxten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Except for the fact that the following was proven...

1. Channeling is extremely broken.

2. Enchanters shouldn't be able to re-mez a mob and get a mem wipe chance, it should have to break mez first and be recast.

3. Enchanter pet HP values are too high.

4. All pets were extremely broken in classic and Enchanters 10x more so meaning all easily used pets up until near Kunark area shouldn't exist. They should train groups, attack group members, warp through the zone, etc.

5. Several other questionable things that just don't have substantial evidence or data to correct particularly around magic resistance of planar/raid level mobs which made Enchanters unable to CC easily let alone charm mobs.

Many of the things proven and discussed had already been reported in the past with significant evidence but the reports get no response. I merely aggregated them to show how ridiculous and obvious it was that Enchanter was being treated as special or protected for some reason.

The Bard mention was just an example to raise the question of why the staff makes non-classic nerfs to some classes but not others like Enchanter. Pet attack delay from fine steel. Necro lifetap, AE kiting. These things were mentioned. Simply making the argument that Enchanter is clearly OP and trivializes content in all aspects of the game similar to those classes which wasn't the case in live. For "some reason" though Enchanter has been left alone in this regard. Why do some classes have classic abilities nerfed because it's "too OP" but Enchanter shouldn't be considered for similar nerfs?

The better Bard example to counter Enchanter cry babies was that Bards actually didn't get level capped charm and were able to charm CT in Fear. Yet for "some reason" this ability won't be granted to Bards and Enchanters will keep their non-classic ability to charm raid mobs which was proven to not be possible in era. A Bard, Necro, pet with daggers, unresistable life tap, quest exp, on and on definitely needs a nerf but Enchanter should carry everyone at all levels on P99 from the stupid level treadmills with charmed back stabbing pets we saw at green launch all the way up to easy CC and channeling through being hit 20 times by raid mobs.

Enchanter players who want to continue playing "EQ classic experience custom 2021" cry whenever the overwhelming evidence is brought up that Enchanter is overpowered on P99 both due to bugs which are proven like channeling and overpowered abilities they are allowed to keep that others classes are not. In short, no matter how you look at it, Enchanter should be nerfed to make P99 more enjoyable and challenging.

However, what really bugged me was the channeling issue and the easily obtained data including decompile of classic era client that showed it was severely broken on P99 but the staff wouldn't comment on it. This brought this issue of P99's trivial and boring nature to the forefront when I realized EVERY class is overpowered right now because of this. The entire game is in fact broken from a classic perspective given that one of the most basic mechanics, channeling, has an overwhelming success rate that is nothing like live. From level 1-60 killing snakes or ST mobs channeling trivializes the game and makes it nothing like classic and anyone who is honest with themselves knows this is true. The Enchanter cry babies can't even let go of the fact that my focus is on channeling now and not Enchanter since I realized that is the root cause of all trivialization on P99 at the moment.

People who want a broken non-classic experience and defend overlooking these bugs often claim I'm trying to get some kind of advantage or I'm mad about some other class I want to play being nerfed. It's rather silly considering I'm asking for the game to be made more difficult for everyone and the existing nerfs to classes like Bard to remain in place. It's fine though, enjoy your care bear server with almost guaranteed channeling from level 1. I believe it was 50-70% success rate channeling on P99 at level 1 but classic data showed you should be around level 40-45 to have that level of success. Fitting with what I always said, Enchanter on P99 plays like a top geared top level Velious era Enchanter from level 1 in classic era. People use evidence from Velious era to try to speak to how Enchanter worked in classic or Kunark. Most of the "custom classic" players here who defend this situation are incapable of nuance like evolving power level of classes over time through expansions or simple game design mechanics like the leveling curve that would have never been allowed by Verant/Sony.

We got quest exp nerfs, higher spawn rates, instanced server on green launch and not fixes for basic mechanics like channeling rate. It's clear the staff for whatever reason WANTS everyone to group up at max level and poop sock raid mobs. They not only don't fix obvious classic bugs that would slow down all progression and avoid this stacking up at max level and alt collecting pre-Kunark but they actually introduce non-classic changes to make leveling even easier and faster. Makes zero sense and just isn't the game I want to play. EQ raiding up until Velious was always kind of a joke for the losers who had no life and reached max level before a new expansion could be released. I play EQ for the core game mechanics and social aspects. Both of these have been killed by the devs who introduce things like lists and are extremely harsh about any kind of camp competition, training, etc which turns P99 into a boring formulaic easy grind to raid level where you then sit AFK waiting for 1 person to win the raid mob pull and then you easily kill the mob and go to bed.

I do find it funny though that I savaged Enchanter so hard that people still pop up on forum whenever I post to cry about it and say none of it was true. You're lucky I got so demoralized by channeling rates and lack of staff response that I decided not to make a larger compilation of all the evidence and issues that I was seeing in the news groups and similar.
i bet you're fun at parties
Old 08-11-2021, 10:23 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
double post because RnF,.

I know who I am speaking to. Dolalin is GoD status in the bug section and nearly his entire post history is helping fix and improve p99 to be as classic as possible.

I say what I did because it matters. And if you don't know what matters on a PROJECT dedicated to producing classic everquest to the best of their ability, you don't know this server.
My favorite classic moment was instanced servers that merged in a few months after launch allowing players to double farm items like mana stones on a /list system which was abused by guilds to keep characters online for 3+ days straight.

lol.. you're a joke

Oh and the Enchanter mez aggro thing? That is from Daldaen. Like I said I was just reposting things that are being ignored.

I'll wait for Green 2.0. I know the devs see my crying. Here is what we need...

1. Nerf Enchanter charm until start of Velious and fix the mez mem blur bug that let's them avoid the "aggro dump" upon mez break of a chain mezzed mob. This fixed the trivialization of content from charm until the same time in classic which was Velious and makes Enchanter much more likely to die in group situations.

2. Fix channeling and mana from stats. Makes lower and higher level gameplay more difficult.

3. As far as I recall ZEMs were proven to be lower than P99 is using. We should have the same lower standard ZEMs with no hot spots. This gets rid of the boring "hot spot" leveling tread mills. Alternatively at least make ZEM rotate somewhat often and randomly.

4. Don't fuck with the launch by adding servers, changing spawn rate, /list, and nerfing quest exp. EQ is supposed to be challenging and that included finding open camps. P99 never came close to live population numbers and was never over crowded.

5. Actually monitor the level distribution of the player base the same way Verant/Sony would with an eye towards ensuring players don't level too quickly. It shouldn't be possible to get to level 50 with alts to level 50 before Kunark launches without serious effort. Somehow I was able to do this just playing casually. Likely due to channeling, ZEMs, charm, instancing, and all the other bullshit above. Probably each iteration of Green should use data from the previous launch to determine how to keep fitting a model towards a certain progression timeline. In other words, the no life loser should only be able to reach 50 with 1 alt and the casual player should only reach level 30-40 or whatever. If things are moving faster or slower than this model mechanics should be adjusted. This would avoid the ridiculous stacking of everyone at raid level before the first plane is even opened.

It's that easy. I want to play P99 again once it returns to a focus on classic and challenging game play.
Old 08-11-2021, 10:24 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i bet you're fun at parties
I bet you're still playing P99
Closed Thread