Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2021, 12:09 PM
Planar Protector

I agree that the nerfs to mages have been pretty dumb.

I'm getting confused since project 1999 has now been longer than live for me - is it even classic for pets to steal EXP when they do too much damage to a mob?
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 08-26-2021, 01:20 PM
Sarnak

Yeah Mages are just balls of stats and by nature when literally 0 skill is involved, their maximum effectiveness has to be in the gutter

They shouldn't be deleted because "muh classic", but if the server was intelligent, there would only be a handful of mage bots for the clans who are at "rule lawyer" status
Old 08-26-2021, 06:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Group content tiers:

S - Enchanter, Bard
A - Cleric, Shaman, Paladin, Shadow Knight, Rogue
B - Monk, Ranger
C - Warrior
D - Necro, Druid, Mage
F - Wizard

Mage definitely not very good in group content.
necro A tier if undead zone but kind of accurate
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 08-27-2021, 03:58 AM
Kobold

My complaints are mostly about the Mage's ability to solo at this point. I have played at least 1 character of every class and I have several at higher levels: 45+. Of all my toons the Mage sucks the most to solo on. I don't know when it was changed, but you used to be able to chain summon on a Mage to solo. It wasn't super fast, but semi-reliable way to solo. Now when your pet dies, the mage gets all the aggro the pet generated and the newly summoned pet will take forever to pull it off. Also the level variance on the pet means that sometimes the pet will last a little longer or melt in seconds. Chain summoning no longer works anymore. Only method I can think of to solo is aggro kiting, but the mage doesn't really have a cheap spell to hold aggro like druids and rangers get, so I don't see that working very well either.

As far as group content goes, I agree that the mage is at least slight above the "wizard without clickies" in terms of consistent, albeit mediocre, DPS. Although any other DPS class is superior to Mage due to the low pet levels compared to mob level and player level, Pet weak hits compared to mob hits and player hits with decent gear, and the large number of utility abilities that other DPS classes bring to the table: Monk with feign death, Rogue with Sneak/Hide, Enchanter with a CC and way more DPS etc. Also while the "Wizard without Clickies" does less DPS than a Mage in group, the wizard also brings some crowd control abilities as well like roots and snares and evac to save the group in a bind. The mage only has a crappy pet, nothing else.

At Raid level the wizard is vastly superior to the Mage due to vastly superior nukes that are either unresistable or have very low resists, crowd control abilities, concussion and the mage cannot use the pet in raid because it's low level will cause more mobs to aggro the raid force and the pet will cause the mob to flip on the raid force instead of facing the Main tank. In conclusion, the mage is garbage!
Old 08-27-2021, 08:50 AM
Planar Protector

Mage pets suck until you parse them against EoT, knights, and most rangers. Mine on a Xene fight was #2 behind a monk with a Facesmasher.

It’s a class glued together like a broken vase. It’s not great but has some real perks. Definitely no issues with spell gem management or raid stress.
Old 08-27-2021, 08:52 AM
Planar Protector

Er wait, is your mage even max level?
Old 08-27-2021, 09:12 AM
Planar Protector

Solo tier list:

S - Bard
A - Necro, Enchanter, Shaman
B - Wizard, Druid
C - Monk, Mage
D - SK, Ranger
F - Warrior, Rog, Pal, Cleric

Before all the gotchas, anybody can solo to 46 making melee swings with just a fungi+damage shield. How hard does it get after that?

If you kill ONE mob and then AFK 30 mins to regen hp/mana, that's why you're F tier.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 08-27-2021, 09:18 AM
Planar Protector

Raid tier list:

S - Cleric, Rog, Warrior
A - Monk
B - Shaman, Enchanter, Bard
C - Pal, Necro, Ranger, Wiz
D - Druid, Mage
F - SK
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 08-27-2021, 12:04 PM
Banned

If I was in charge, I ban for Angerclaw for violation against the play nice policy

for:

1. Being Racist
2. Harassment
3. Using offensive slurs
4. Offending an entire country

Guess GMs and forum mods support racism and that it's ok to all asians "ching chong"
Old 08-27-2021, 01:33 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by long.liam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My complaints are mostly about the Mage's ability to solo at this point. I have played at least 1 character of every class and I have several at higher levels: 45+. Of all my toons the Mage sucks the most to solo on. I don't know when it was changed, but you used to be able to chain summon on a Mage to solo. It wasn't super fast, but semi-reliable way to solo. Now when your pet dies, the mage gets all the aggro the pet generated and the newly summoned pet will take forever to pull it off. Also the level variance on the pet means that sometimes the pet will last a little longer or melt in seconds. Chain summoning no longer works anymore. Only method I can think of to solo is aggro kiting, but the mage doesn't really have a cheap spell to hold aggro like druids and rangers get, so I don't see that working very well either.

As far as group content goes, I agree that the mage is at least slight above the "wizard without clickies" in terms of consistent, albeit mediocre, DPS. Although any other DPS class is superior to Mage due to the low pet levels compared to mob level and player level, Pet weak hits compared to mob hits and player hits with decent gear, and the large number of utility abilities that other DPS classes bring to the table: Monk with feign death, Rogue with Sneak/Hide, Enchanter with a CC and way more DPS etc. Also while the "Wizard without Clickies" does less DPS than a Mage in group, the wizard also brings some crowd control abilities as well like roots and snares and evac to save the group in a bind. The mage only has a crappy pet, nothing else.

At Raid level the wizard is vastly superior to the Mage due to vastly superior nukes that are either unresistable or have very low resists, crowd control abilities, concussion and the mage cannot use the pet in raid because it's low level will cause more mobs to aggro the raid force and the pet will cause the mob to flip on the raid force instead of facing the Main tank. In conclusion, the mage is garbage!
I don't think this guy has even played a mage past 40.

[ Kurrat - Arch Mage ]
[ Kurrate - Crusader ]
<Legacy of Fire>

Closed Thread